Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365107 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5190 on: July 05, 2014, 11:27:11 am »

:/

Could have switched European mosques and Syrian mosques around first. Would be cool to have some that don't look like they're from East Germany.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: July 05, 2014, 11:56:48 am »

Hm, I dunno, even mosques in East Germany don't look like they're from East Germany anymore.
But yeah, Northern Iraq might look like desert East Germany with holes in it when they're finished with it. It's not objectively worse than the whole human tragedy, but these cultural losses always bug me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: July 05, 2014, 12:35:40 pm »

Autopsy reports on that murdered teen show that he was burned alive. That's just.... sadistic....

Theres some major hate rage going on over there.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: July 05, 2014, 02:40:31 pm »

Autopsy reports on that murdered teen show that he was burned alive. That's just.... sadistic....

Theres some major hate rage going on over there.

That's quite typical for Honour based blood feud, actually, and sadly, not as rare as you would expect. i just don't understand why the world doesn't condemn this with such ferocity when this terrible thing happens in the muslim world on a daily basis.

http://i-epistemology.net/politics-a-government/946-burned-alive-a-victim-of-the-laws-of-men.html
http://www.worldandi.com/newhome/public/2003/may/clpub.asp
http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART1/818/578.html

I am not saying israelis couldn't have done that, but yeah, this looks too "religion of peace" methods to me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: July 05, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »

IDF twitter hacked. False warning about nuclear leak the Dimona facility.
That's quite surprising. Isn't Israel pretty high when it comes to internet security? Or is this Syrian Electronic Army even more competent than I thought...
The more you know about the internet, the more you will realize internet security doesn't actually exist, and is simply a way for regular people to not have night-terrors at the thought that anyone at any time could use anything connected to the internet against them. :P

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: July 05, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »

It's also a government account on a public site. The IDF, CIA, NSA or whoever can have whatever security they like, but it's still a Twitter account, no more or less secure than any other. It's not like they offer special two-factor security deals to military or government users or any realistic security measures beyond phone recovery of hacked accounts.

In any case, I'm guessing the password used by the army's PR office for their social media accounts is a weakpoint not usually considered. That will probably change.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: July 06, 2014, 05:45:21 am »

The development in the investigation of the teen murder in jerusalem hint that it was indeed done by israeli jews. :(
I say destroy their houses and put them behind bars for the rest of their lives.

This will probably further fuel the riots. i suspect a 3rd intifada will probably become a reality.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: July 06, 2014, 10:08:47 am »

I'll give you that: you're at least non-factional in your harshness.

Edit: The 15-year old cousin of the killed Palestinian teenagers, who carry a US passport but was holidaying in Palestine got arrested and beaten up in police custody. Because Israel was behind on its petty villainy quota or something.

State Department statement
Another article with pictures.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 10:23:40 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: July 06, 2014, 11:11:28 am »

Al-Jazeera article, for those who don't parler the Francais: Be warned, picture is pretty gross.

If anything's gonna drag the US back into it, this will. Especially in an election year. /UScentrism

A 3rd Intifada does seem increasingly possible. What a mess.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: July 06, 2014, 11:14:21 am »

Frankly, I don't think so. Support for Israel is just too much of a knee-jerk reflex among the US's political classes.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: July 06, 2014, 11:35:59 am »

I'll give you that: you're at least non-factional in your harshness.

Edit: The 15-year old cousin of the killed Palestinian teenagers, who carry a US passport but was holidaying in Palestine got arrested and beaten up in police custody. Because Israel was behind on its petty villainy quota or something.

I wonder what would have happened if that terrorist had thrown his molotovs/explosive devices at american policemen in washington d.c. i heavily suspect it wouldn't have ended in a few dry beatings.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: July 06, 2014, 11:39:55 am »

Frankly, I don't think so. Support for Israel is just too much of a knee-jerk reflex among the US's political classes.
True, it might not make a big splash, but I'm sure someone will at least ham-fistedly attempt to make political hay out of America harboring Arab terrorists and/or Obama not personally protecting each and every American citizen abroad. That's a 'Murrican Megathread tangent, though.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: July 06, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »

I wonder what would have happened if that terrorist had thrown his molotovs/explosive devices at american policemen in washington d.c. i heavily suspect it wouldn't have ended in a few dry beatings.

Do you have any source that he did throw even a single molotovs, or are you just assuming all Palestinians are terrorists until proven innocent again?

Oh, and here's the video of the beating if you can bear to watch it.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: July 06, 2014, 12:47:40 pm »

Do you have any source that he did throw even a single molotovs, or are you just assuming all Palestinians are terrorists until proven innocent again?

Oh, and here's the video of the beating if you can bear to watch it.

Yeah, the police statement and the charges he was held against in court.

He was arrested with 5 other people in that incident, 3 of them also carried long knives. they were all masked.
Why would an innocent person be grouped with molotovs and explosives throwers while wearing a mask? he mistakenly thought it was halloween?

The handling of him was indeed brutal and those border policemen should be trialed in court but that doesn't make the little terrorist innocent either. if you can't realize that, your perspective is too narrow to participate in any meaningful discussion.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: July 06, 2014, 01:01:26 pm »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 01:05:21 pm by Sheb »

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 416