Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365019 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5175 on: July 04, 2014, 07:05:57 am »

Should have done than in 2011 or so.

IDF twitter hacked. False warning about nuclear leak the Dimona facility.

FYI, Dimona is the (suspected) Israeli Plutonium Production reactor. It's heavily secured, so nobody really knows what's going on in there. Hell, we don't even know how powerful the reactor is.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: July 04, 2014, 08:32:14 am »

The plan itself was extensive and bold. They were going to extract Syrian fighters to bases in Turkey and Jordan, spend a year training them while forming a government-in-exile, then send the newly trained Syrian troops back in under cover of (presumably NATO) aircraft.

I wonder how many troops you can actually train this way and how meaningful this could be as help to the syrian people.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #5177 on: July 04, 2014, 09:01:45 am »

Last but not least - UK's top officials lack innovation, to copy Obama's dumb suggestion of arming moderate Syrian opposition when the time for anything like that is well past due
The secret initiative, put forward two years ago, was the brainchild of the then most senior UK military officer, General Sir David Richards.
The plan itself was extensive and bold. They were going to extract Syrian fighters to bases in Turkey and Jordan, spend a year training them while forming a government-in-exile, then send the newly trained Syrian troops back in under cover of (presumably NATO) aircraft.
Yeah, jumped the gun on this one. I more or less just skimmed over the article. I'll edit accordingly. And yeah, sounds like quite an extensive plan. No wonder it got refused as "too radical" at that time given right now the world STILL can't decide what to do with Syria.

IDF twitter hacked. False warning about nuclear leak the Dimona facility.
That's quite surprising. Isn't Israel pretty high when it comes to internet security? Or is this Syrian Electronic Army even more competent than I thought...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:08:46 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: July 04, 2014, 09:40:23 am »

Iraq might not even have a choice but to split into two countries (Kurdistan and Iraq) or possibly three (Kurdistan and whatever the Sunni and Shiia parts of the country get named to).

Also, there are apparently violent clashes going on around the palestinian teens funeral where palestinians are protesting at it.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:42:37 am by smjjames »

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: July 04, 2014, 09:56:01 am »

Unconfirmed reports says that ISIS leader got hit during an air strike.
Some reports says he's dead, some says he was only lightly injured.

http://www.lebanon24.com/political/details/821851

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:09 am »

Unconfirmed reports says that ISIS leader got hit during an air strike.
Some reports says he's dead, some says he was only lightly injured.

http://www.lebanon24.com/political/details/821851

The main leader or just a leader in ISIS?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: July 04, 2014, 10:05:55 am »

It would be indescribably helpful if their "Caliph" is currently a thin red spray across the Iraqi countryside.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: July 04, 2014, 10:07:43 am »

I think that'd be a record for how long it took a Caliph to get killed if it was Baghdadi.

Might even be a record for how long a head of state, from proclamation to dying, survived.

Edit: Yes, it was reported to be Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State, according to google translate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #5183 on: July 04, 2014, 10:10:08 am »

Well, the picture in that article resembles a picture of proclaimed main ISIS leader aka the Caliph, so if he really is killed, that might get interesting... Although, of course, who says didn't already have someone to replace him announced in advance and said person is equally competent of holding this group together that his predecessor.

IF he is even dead, that is.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: July 04, 2014, 10:21:56 am »

I don't know, a lot of what I've heard regarding ISIS organizational structure suggests it's operating on Baghdadi's "Great Man Effect". Didn't he cobble the group together from a bunch of disparate organizations that were ineffective alone? If that's the case, him dying would make the whole thing a serious mess.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: July 04, 2014, 10:30:52 am »

I don't know, a lot of what I've heard regarding ISIS organizational structure suggests it's operating on Baghdadi's "Great Man Effect". Didn't he cobble the group together from a bunch of disparate organizations that were ineffective alone? If that's the case, him dying would make the whole thing a serious mess.
He is not the first ISIS leader. But it is unclear at this point if the majority of the ISIS forces aren't rather disappointed Sunnis and Baath party remnants than all out Jihadists (like the core obviously is). So yeah, his death might make a huge mess or cause ISIS to fall apart and get contained again.
On the other hand I doubt he is dead until it's official, there are many high-ranking terrorists who have been reported injured or killed in air-strikes when it turned out they were just fine.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: July 04, 2014, 12:15:14 pm »

Crap, and once more we do not have a Caliphs. How will Muslims players divorce?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: July 04, 2014, 12:17:05 pm »

ISIS has a caliph, they crucify people without wearing skirts...

They would be so awesome in a videogame.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:41 pm »

ISIS has a caliph, they crucify people without wearing skirts...

They would be so awesome in a videogame.
C&C: Generals mod?
._.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: July 05, 2014, 11:23:03 am »

So ISIS has released a video that - as they claim - shows Al-Baghdadi preaching alive and well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also they have begun to tear down Shia and Sufi mosques in Northern Iraq...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 416