Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364961 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5130 on: July 02, 2014, 07:55:52 am »

I'm not picking a side here, I don't have the data, but I think when BP talked about the shelters, he meant "We don't target their civilians more than they target ours, it's just that we shelter our civilians SO WELL that even when they target ours, we manage to kill more of theirs by accident because they're out in the open while ours are hidden safely," or something like that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: July 02, 2014, 07:58:18 am »

Plus Hamas is committing war crimes by building military installations in residential areas. So a large percentage of civilian deaths caused by Israeli forces is really Hamas' fault.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:49 am »

Yeah, because Hamas should totally stand in the open where they can all get killed easily. If you want Hamas to fight fairly, you should give them the mean to do so, otherwise you cannot expect them to not use guerrilla warfare tactics.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: July 02, 2014, 10:46:36 am »

If you let Hamas fight this way, you can't really complain about the high civilian death toll, though. It goes both ways.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:26 am »

You can if you assume the civilian death toll is only due to strikes on military targets in self-defense. When Israel start sending air strikes on Gaza to avenge the death of those teenagers that may or may not have been killed by Hamas, you have the right to complain. When Palestinians civilians dies in clashes with occupation troops that have no business being in the West Bank, you can complain.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:24 am »

Sheb - what you are defending is an illegal, immoral and inhuman use of civilian population as human shield for religious terrorists.

I am sorry if that sounds patronizing, but, I was there! i saw them hiding in ambulances, in hospitals, behind women and children. i was in the first force to go into beit-hanun to track down qasam 2 rockets, and the tracker led us to a house with two elderly people tied up and leftovers suggested the operatives stayed in that house for hours prior to the launch.

And again, IDF does not strike out of revenge.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:09:45 am by burningpet »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: July 02, 2014, 10:58:13 am »

Well, I didn't think I'd ever see someone defend the usage of human shields...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5137 on: July 02, 2014, 11:27:36 am »

Sheb - what you are defending is an illegal, immoral and inhuman use of civilian population as human shield for religious terrorists.

I am sorry if that sounds patronizing, but, I was there! i saw them hiding in ambulances, in hospitals, behind women and children. i was in the first force to go into beit-hanun to track down qasam 2 rockets, and the tracker led us to a house with two elderly people tied up and leftovers suggested the operatives stayed in that house for hours prior to the launch.

And again, IDF does not strike out of revenge.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11462635
http://rt.com/news/israel-torture-palestinian-children-004/

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: July 02, 2014, 11:45:19 am »

wow rt

i agree with you but to use rt is just stupidity

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: July 02, 2014, 11:48:46 am »

What are you agreeing with? Israel justice system works? israel would not tolerate human shielding even if it protects its own soldiers?

Oh, i also agree then :)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:33 am »

the justice system of the country of israel works best if citizens of israel are on trial and that's all you get out of me

i agreed with the whispers of loudness

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5141 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:41 pm »

wow rt

Why? Al Jaz, Rt and BBC are the triumvirate of digital noos.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: July 02, 2014, 12:40:09 pm »

wow rt

Why? Al Jaz, Rt and BBC are the triumvirate of digital noos.

al jaz k

bbc as long as you're not talking about the uk because they got this shit slant of either not report at all or skew it so everybody loves the report

rt is pretty decent most of the time but in context? it's got a pretty nice history of being more forgiving towards the palestinians than al jaz so while al jaz is tolerable rt is a bit overboard m8

but i guess you can't argue with the legitness of an un report can you

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 416