Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364801 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!
« Reply #5025 on: June 20, 2014, 01:19:55 am »

I do distinctly remember the war being about WMDs, ones that never existed, but people were damn sure it did.

There are people around who sadly still believe it, too...
And some of them are in Congress.

Makes me want to gibber and cry.

Plus weren't Saddams chemical weapons of poor quality? Given that Assad already had chemical weapons of his own, he wouldn't want the poor quality weapons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5026 on: June 20, 2014, 01:11:47 pm »

And now to take a look at all the ISIS supporters using social media like a bunch of jihadist hipsters to promote their support for mass murder and religious cleansing :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I left out the ones where they were posing with the severed heads of infidels whilst having banterous converse on facebook, because it was sickening. In addition, there are so many more on twitter and facebook like you couldn't even imagine. Isn't the number of Britons fighting for ISIS up to 450 now?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 20, 2014, 01:32:36 pm »

I wonder how many Americans are over there? It'll really strain the ethics of whether to use dronestrikes on Americans.

People are already concerned that the foriegn fighters will cause chaos back home.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: June 20, 2014, 01:38:55 pm »

that should be several degrees of illegal in the union

first most visible degree would be supporting totalitarianism which is a big fucking no in germany at least

the rest you can add yourselves since you know bait and flames and not being a fisherman as much as i look like one

gee i guess why i can say that the perpetrators will never be prosecuted. i mean they pulled stunts like jailing people for bullying on facebook, this should be small fry

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: June 20, 2014, 01:51:23 pm »

I swear, it's days like this that make me want to reconsider WWII tactics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: June 20, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

that should be several degrees of illegal in the union

first most visible degree would be supporting totalitarianism which is a big fucking no in germany at least

the rest you can add yourselves since you know bait and flames and not being a fisherman as much as i look like one

gee i guess why i can say that the perpetrators will never be prosecuted. i mean they pulled stunts like jailing people for bullying on facebook, this should be small fry

The ethics of it are always a big deal over here whenever it comes up. The fact that we are at war with Al Qaeda probably loosened it a little, but it doesn't stop it from being a major issue.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: June 20, 2014, 02:23:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure it is illegal actually. You're supporting racism, hate, sectarian conflicts, genocide and some others.

((Also, you can tell it's Belgium because of all the flags. Renting out land for international organizations is one of our largest sources of revenue.))

Bombing cities to the ground?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: June 20, 2014, 02:35:47 pm »

This is some dystopia level bullshit. People using social media to promote radical islam? How does that even work?
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: June 20, 2014, 02:41:25 pm »

shush there, you don't want to actually see a large answer for that

religious fundamentalism does not conform to the rules of mortals and that is all you need

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: June 20, 2014, 02:43:51 pm »

It certainly worked to crush the last pack of fascists for good. I realize that isn't the nature of warfare anymore, but we really need to be doing something to destroy ISIS. The question is how.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: June 20, 2014, 02:44:50 pm »

There's still the option of a Class-X apocalypse.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: June 20, 2014, 02:46:52 pm »

a class-x apocalypse is preferable to honey badgers

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: June 20, 2014, 02:48:14 pm »

I'm pretty sure it is illegal actually. You're supporting racism, hate, sectarian conflicts, genocide and some others.

((Also, you can tell it's Belgium because of all the flags. Renting out land for international organizations is one of our largest sources of revenue.))
I think the keyword you are missing is illegal 'somewhere'.(Germany?)  Otherwise, it is more along the lines of being socially unacceptable / keeping to social circles that think the same way.
But, I don't really know how laws against 'free'/hate speech has evolved in the last few years over in the US or elsewhere.

Considering all this support for ISIS... what atrocities or whatever has ISIS done so far?  Other then being labeled a terrorist organization(or something)?  I'm kinda clueless to that.

It certainly worked to crush the last pack of fascists for good. I realize that isn't the nature of warfare anymore, but we really need to be doing something to destroy ISIS. The question is how.
And create a new generation of people who hate American guts.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: June 20, 2014, 02:50:31 pm »

Considering all this support for ISIS... what atrocities or whatever has ISIS done so far?  Other then being labeled a terrorist organization(or something)?  I'm kinda clueless to that.
Executing hundreds and thousands of people. And posting videos. Also tweeting about mass murders.

God I love that new age technology! *sarcasm*
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: June 20, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »

And create a new generation of people who hate American guts.
They already hate us. It may well be that the only option is to crush all Islamist groups utterly. At least then they would be unable to act.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:10:36 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 416