Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364229 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #4575 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:42 am »

FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: September 13, 2013, 04:20:41 pm »

Egypt extends state of emergency
Oh damn it. I hear they're going after the April 6 group too. Protests still going on? It seems they have not abated, despite the, decapitation of the Islamic Brotherhood.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: September 13, 2013, 04:24:58 pm »

Told ya. Military dictature in the making. We're back to the beginning; except without Mubarak.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: September 13, 2013, 04:46:05 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FullCircleRevolution?from=Main.TheThermidor

This seems appropriate.
Really, in this case the bastards never left. Only the Symbolic power was removed, the Functional government (which is a non-existent or at least far lesser concept in Western Politics), the Military derived base of Power, never left. I've heard Government posts (whcih were never vacated after Mubarak left) were defecting against Morsi towards the end, supposedly in the interests of the revolution. They started purposeful blackouts, Police stopped keeping order, it was a pretty obvious effort against him, but too late for Morsi to do anything. He thought he could control the Secret forces, constantly worried about "upsetting them".

Really, only thing is the Military's mask is off, and the opposition is more divided.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: September 13, 2013, 07:15:04 pm »

Well, that seems like a good thing to me.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: September 13, 2013, 07:34:43 pm »

At least that will sort out the radical Islamists from the moderates.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:02 pm »

With any luck they'll both decimate each other.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »

No, I disagree completely. The moderates are the closest thing in Syria to some kind of conceivable government. Can you tell me who your alternative is?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: September 13, 2013, 07:52:57 pm »

Preferably, the people who care least about religion, IE not moderate Islamists.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: September 13, 2013, 08:01:34 pm »

Preferably, the people who care least about religion, IE not moderate Islamists.

Give a name.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: September 13, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

Give a name.
The FSA, obviously. They have unfortunate overlap with al-Nusra and ISIL, but with any luck these recent events will divorce the three permanently.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: September 13, 2013, 08:07:52 pm »

The FSA, obviously. They have unfortunate overlap with al-Nusra and ISIL, but with any luck these recent events will divorce the three permanently.

I was counting the FSA as moderate Islamists. Any FSA government will have to lean slightly in the Islamist direction in order to attract those who would have originally gone for al-Nusra and the like.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: September 13, 2013, 08:14:36 pm »

Considering that al-Nusra and the FSA are getting more and more hostile towards one another as this goes on, I doubt it. If it's between al-Nusra types and Assad, I'd rather Assad win. al-Nusra's firmly in the Convert And/Or Die camp, while ISIL is openly a branch of al-Qaeda.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: September 13, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »

Considering that al-Nusra and the FSA are getting more and more hostile towards one another as this goes on, I doubt it. If it's between al-Nusra types and Assad, I'd rather Assad win. al-Nusra's firmly in the Convert And/Or Die camp, while ISIL is openly a branch of al-Qaeda.

You suspect that the FSA and al-Nusra will separate in radical ways like the MNLA and Ansar al-Dine did in Mali? I think it would still be wise for the FSA to approach the issue of so many of the rebels turning to radical Islam in an attempt to find something to believe in as the conflict drags on and becomes more and more hopeless for everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 416