Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364151 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #4560 on: September 10, 2013, 09:51:06 am »

THEY CLONED MUSSOLINI'S BRAAAAAIN.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: September 10, 2013, 09:56:37 am »

THEY CLONED MUSSOLINI'S BRAAAAAIN.

why only clone someone's brain

if you cloned mussolini's parents you could make dozens of tiny mussolinies which you could condition and augment to be 200% mussolini per mussolini or even throw a hunger games but with demagougery and running machinery with herbs as fuel

i mean if you already got cloning figured out why go only halfway

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: September 10, 2013, 10:14:28 am »

Actually the Rebels would benefit from the attacks because they will be done in Government controlled regions and  Assad will be blamed.
Plus the US and Israel are allies and this attack will most likely draw them both into a conflict with Syria.
Nah, it is more likely that Israel would work with Assad to put down the Islamist threat/rebels.  Syria has not used chemicals on Israel and are unlikely to anytime soon.  Rebels(if they do gas Israel) would have shown themselves to be able and willing to continue using chemicals on Israel.

Pragmatism says crush the clear and obviously active threat now.  (Well, I do consider the leadership of Israel to be pragmatic.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: September 10, 2013, 11:56:17 am »

And then Tehran gets the nuke, the secular democratic Syrian rebels win (somehow), Iran nukes em, China decides to deal with North Korea's antics once and for all, Russia goes full theocrat with Putin as the super-patriarch, America starts detaining anyone who so much as mutters about the president or NSA, Scotland becomes a graveyard after the English don't allow a successful independence referendum and the Scots rebel, Turkey decides it actually quite liked being the Ottoman Empire and goes after Greece, and the Euro collapses.

... Did I miss anything? Any recent kerfuffle that I left out?
Don't be silly, Scotland has most of the UK's nuclear arsenal, they'd never lose in an armed conflict.
And no launch codes. Don't even know who has them.

Adding to the list. Belgium finally splits in 2, civil war erupts between East and West Belgium.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: September 10, 2013, 11:57:31 am »

And then Tehran gets the nuke, the secular democratic Syrian rebels win (somehow), Iran nukes em, China decides to deal with North Korea's antics once and for all, Russia goes full theocrat with Putin as the super-patriarch, America starts detaining anyone who so much as mutters about the president or NSA, Scotland becomes a graveyard after the English don't allow a successful independence referendum and the Scots rebel, Turkey decides it actually quite liked being the Ottoman Empire and goes after Greece, and the Euro collapses.

Don't be silly, Scotland has most of the UK's nuclear arsenal, they'd never lose in an armed conflict.

Adding to the list. Belgium finally splits in 2, civil war erupts between East and West Belgium.
Who needs a launch code? Strap a bunch of frag grenades to the warhead and launch it over the border with a catapult.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: September 10, 2013, 12:07:26 pm »

You know the easiest way to dismantle a nuke is blowing it up right.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: September 10, 2013, 12:09:22 pm »

That would be really strange, considering Flanders is in the north and Wallonia in the south.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: September 10, 2013, 12:18:56 pm »

((That's the joke.))

For added fun, Eastern Flanders is in the west.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: September 10, 2013, 12:20:56 pm »

((That's the joke.))

For added fun, Eastern Flanders is in the west.

bonus fun if we get an iron curtain-esque wall between the two with a singular checkpoint in between

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: September 10, 2013, 12:21:49 pm »

Of everything I said, that is what you comment on?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: September 10, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »

Of everything I said, that is what you comment on?
Yup. Because you don't even need the catapult. Launch codes are taped to the rocket.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: September 10, 2013, 01:04:09 pm »

Even if it did. The explosion would start wrongly. Ok, there's a fair chance a partial detonation occurs, but losing a single city block is better than losing an entire city.*

Shooting it can be problematic. Nuclear warheads are armored.

*I said easiest, not safest.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: September 10, 2013, 02:21:23 pm »

It is obvious that in the event of a war between Scotland and England we would simply choose a boggy battlefield and encourage their horsemen to pass through the mud and get caught, then our footsoldiers will draw their dirks and - wait, no, even I admit we'd be fucked. The time when we could actually beat the English is a long way back.

We'd just have to go all IRA on the English, maybe with less kneecapping. If only we had lots of Americans who would send us crates of AR15's like those lucky Republicans had.

Back in the 1980s, according to then-Air Vice Marshall Stewart Menaul, we had no independent deterrent. We would have to have permission from the President of the United States to launch, so maybe if the Americans thought it was in their interests and things are still as they were in the '80s, we could launch the nukes at the English.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:26:31 pm by Owlbread »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: September 10, 2013, 03:05:15 pm »

It is obvious that in the event of a war between Scotland and England we would simply choose a boggy battlefield and encourage their horsemen to pass through the mud and get caught, then our footsoldiers will draw their dirks and - wait, no, even I admit we'd be fucked. The time when we could actually beat the English is a long way back.

We'd just have to go all IRA on the English, maybe with less kneecapping. If only we had lots of Americans who would send us crates of AR15's like those lucky Republicans had.

Back in the 1980s, according to then-Air Vice Marshall Stewart Menaul, we had no independent deterrent. We would have to have permission from the President of the United States to launch, so maybe if the Americans thought it was in their interests and things are still as they were in the '80s, we could launch the nukes at the English.
Yes, unfortunately the US is for some reason against use of WMDs recently, I don't know. We were so big on it for a while too.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 416