Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364410 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #3960 on: May 04, 2013, 10:27:55 pm »

I'm hearing that this was a fuel-air bomb, and that it hit an arms depot. This would indeed explain how big of an explosion this was.

I don't think Syria has this kind of equipment, on any faction. It may well have been Israel. Now some people are saying Israel is gearing up to invade.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:35 pm »

About a mile and a half away too, judging from the delay.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: May 05, 2013, 03:10:07 am »

Hmm... has the deployment of chemical weapons been enough to push the US/Israel over the "red line"? Is Israel acting on the behalf of the US here?
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:30 am »

Israel is acting ion the dehalf of itself. The US-Israeli "alliance" is more of a parasitic relationship, where Israel get cash and diplomatic support in exchange for trashing the US's reputation abroad.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: May 05, 2013, 08:49:12 am »

How long will our little white Ulster continue to be a boon, or will it become a hinderance?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: May 05, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Israel as Ulster? I'd say they're already a pain in the west' ass. US support for them is one of the prime reasons it's a target for Islamist extremists. And generally, supporting a colonial state in its ethnic cleansing is a good way to loose your moral standing. Plus, it's wrong.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: May 05, 2013, 09:27:01 am »

Yup, the US-Israeli Alliance is pretty much a remnant of the cold war.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: May 05, 2013, 09:33:26 am »

Not really. Sure, Israel was an ally against Nasser, but it's hardly the main reasons it's of such importance in the US. No, the Israeli are just really good at exploiting the weaknesses of the US's political system (no politician wants to be seen as an "enemy of Israel"), the collective guilt of the West after the Shoah and "crazy evangelic" constituency in the US.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: May 05, 2013, 09:33:35 am »

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Israel as Ulster? I'd say they're already a pain in the west' ass. US support for them is one of the prime reasons it's a target for Islamist extremists. And generally, supporting a colonial state in its ethnic cleansing is a good way to loose your moral standing. Plus, it's wrong.

When the state of Israel was originally created by the British, one guy involved in the planning (I think he was a general or colonel or something, I heard the story a long time ago) referred to it as "our little white Ulster" in the middle east. The idea is that Israel would be our little fortress of Western influence out there keeping the natives down and making sure they don't unite or get above themselves.

He deliberately made comparisons between the Jewish refugees settling in Palestinian land with the cynical measures taken by the English and later British in Ireland i.e. the plantation of Protestant English/Lowland Scots into Northern Ireland to ensure that Ireland would always be divided and there would be a beacon of English influence. I mean, really, stuff like that makes me want to burn Union Flags.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:44:34 am by Owlbread »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: May 05, 2013, 09:39:32 am »

Oh, didn't know that. Anyway, I don't think Israel is making it easier for anyone in the West. Israel didn't help during the war in Irak. It's taking in US military hardware and using it to destroy EU-funded development projects. Who is it helping?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: May 05, 2013, 03:45:15 pm »

Israel is considering joining an anti-Iran joint defense pact with Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Who ever could have seen this coming?
Yeah, even if it stays non-nuclear, another Iran-Israel war would be a Bad Thing. Even with the US pimping out the Israeli military. Because there is plenty of not-Iran-or-Israel area in between them, and how do you think the nations in the middle would react to either nation launching an invasion force through there? How about fighting a war there? I can't imagine it would end well.
It would also be weird. Syria is in a civil war, so they wouldn't officially enter the conflict. Turkey likes the US but dislikes Israel, so it would either be on Israel's side or neutral. Jordan and Israel have issues to say the least, so Jordan would probably be on Iran's side. Egypt is a wild card, popular consensus there is really against Israel but breaking the peace treaty would lead to an immediate loss of US aid. Israel, Iran, and Neutrality are all possible. Tunisia is too far removed and would probably remain neutral. Libya now has pro-US sentiment and doesn't directly conflict with Israel, so it could end up with Israel or neutral. Iraq has waning US influence but also anti-Iranian sentiment and could well end up on Israel's side.

But here's the weird one. Saudi Arabia. No official channels with Israel. Doesn't care for Iran because it is the world's largest population of Shias, and while the Wahhabists don't care much for Jews or anyone who isn't a Wahabbi Sunni they can't stand Shias. Thus would begin the most surreal alliance in history as Israel and Saudi Arabia team up to take down Iran.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: May 05, 2013, 03:51:23 pm »

Vague history lesson.

Israel was not created by the British. The entire area was however, a British mandate. In order to procure loans from Jewish bankers, the British, and I think the USA too, promised that they could run to their beloved land. As said, it was done. However, the sudden influx of jews in Palestine caused problems, and the immigration was cancelled. Jews were not happy with this, and declared Independence, as the state of Israel.  Other islamitic nations didn't like the exile of Palestines, and then attacked, and lost spectaculary.

Then there's another war or 2, some uprisings, and now the wal. Which is quite a bit more impressive than the Berlin one, I must add.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: May 05, 2013, 04:01:15 pm »

Israel didn't help during the war in Irak.
The west really had to tell Israel not to join bush's coalition of the willing for Iraq.
if Israel joined then a lot of others where out of the coalition
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: May 05, 2013, 04:14:29 pm »

No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 416