Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364980 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #2415 on: October 22, 2011, 07:16:42 pm »

Should I resume most of the thoughts with "America Fuck Yeah!" and be done with it?

Let's go kill more people (it's too much of a hassle to arrest and prosecute) who we say are evil, because that's how it works, I've seen it in the movies.  There's us (The good guys) and whoever my politician of choice says the bad guys are.  Just bomb the hell out of them and, if someone dies, why they we hanging around with the bad guys in the first place? Ehh? They deserve what they get.

Oh, and we should tell everyone how to live and do stuff because we're the best at everything and people from other countries all want to be like us (or they're wackos).

-----------------
As you can see, I'm a bit fed up of the permanent bullshit and hypocrisy. 

The best for US citizens will come when you can sort out your R vs D charade, get back the rights that you were supposed to have and, instead of causing death and chaos all around the world with no profit for the middle and lower class, invest in education, research and technology where you have always had great potential.

[/end rant]
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 22, 2011, 11:35:45 pm »

Kendo dojo made me sign it.  As my mom said, "that's unsurprising, because it looked quite a bit like military training."

As for the latter part of your statement, I do not care all that much about legally binding.  What I care about is that I promised something to some people about whom I care very much.
I simply find signing a 'contract' to not overthrow the gov't with violence hilarious, but yea, I can respect making a promise and keeping to it.

Its just the way your first post went...  no context.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 23, 2011, 12:12:47 am »

Should I resume most of the thoughts with "America Fuck Yeah!" and be done with it?

Let's go kill more people (it's too much of a hassle to arrest and prosecute) who we say are evil, because that's how it works, I've seen it in the movies.  There's us (The good guys) and whoever my politician of choice says the bad guys are.  Just bomb the hell out of them and, if someone dies, why they we hanging around with the bad guys in the first place? Ehh? They deserve what they get.

Oh, and we should tell everyone how to live and do stuff because we're the best at everything and people from other countries all want to be like us (or they're wackos).

-----------------
As you can see, I'm a bit fed up of the permanent bullshit and hypocrisy. 

The best for US citizens will come when you can sort out your R vs D charade, get back the rights that you were supposed to have and, instead of causing death and chaos all around the world with no profit for the middle and lower class, invest in education, research and technology where you have always had great potential.

[/end rant]

And I love how you rant about how Americans tell others how to solve their problem then turn around and do the exact same thing.

I'm honestly sick and tired of LOLAmerica posts, it's as if people are purposely holding us up to impossibly high standards just so they can complain when something we do doesn't end up perfect. I'll be frank with what I think: Shut the hell up, we're all in the same hole, so stop whining and keep climbing.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 23, 2011, 01:58:09 am »

And I love how you rant about how Americans tell others how to solve their problem then turn around and do the exact same thing.

There is a difference between an advice and opinionation. At least he didn`t show up near your house with some aircraft carriers.

By the way, great post, Alexhans.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 23, 2011, 02:30:40 am »

Well come on, you have to admit America does try to act as the "World Police" every now and again. If there's some kind of medium scale conflict going on, America will probably intervene.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 23, 2011, 03:35:06 am »

I will agree that the whole "World police" thing is groan worthy, even if it is out of good intentions. That's suppose to be the UN and NATO's job.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:26:17 am by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 23, 2011, 05:50:02 am »

That's suppose to be the UN and NATO's job.

Just UN. NATO`s supposed job is to protect its members from agression, but it seems they think that the best way to protect themselves is to just randomly attack everybody.

No, seriously. I can accept when guys in blue helmets heroically wedge their white tanks between two ready-to-kill-each-other armies, but how can a bombing be peacekeeping? It looks like this: there is a fist fight in your house, a policeman comes in and throws a frag grenade.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 23, 2011, 06:03:45 am »

More like some people is randomly shooting people in your neighbourhood, police come in and get him with a grenade launcher.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 23, 2011, 06:14:38 am »

I had to sign a statement when I was 13 years old that I wouldn't attempt any violent throw of the United States Government.

At this point, I'm not yet willing to break my promise.
Realize that you basically given up your first and second amendment rights, then again the last "violent throw" against the government was during the 1700s during our turmoil years under the Articles of the Confederation. I can't stand by and watch my freedoms strip from me slowly, even with my family's and my military stint. Is it wrong to use violence to show my anger? Sure, but fear has been used to change hearts and will likely continue.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 23, 2011, 06:16:20 am »

By doing nothing your are guilty as well.

First,, we are not that powerful that we can bend reality to our will : let's imagine that I attempt to violently overthrow my government,  who will be in the next? How many people will die in the chaos?....

Take action, sure, but well though, carefully planed action when you don't ruin things at home to NOT solve anything abroad at the end of the day.
Right now, America is at war with himself, with more than 1% of it's population currently in prison, and a great number living in poor condition, especially considering the incredible wealth of that country. The 99% can chant in front of wall street, they are happily forgetting they are the 10% for the rest of the planet. The few that live well at the expense of everyone else.
What kind of action should they take? How? That's a huge problem.

As far as Libya is concerned, I don't see how we could have acted better. It was about time we get rid of that bastard, and the Libyan did it themselves. So I'm ok with it.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 23, 2011, 06:26:03 am »

If you can't overthrow the government but don't want to support it with your labour, emigrate.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 23, 2011, 06:28:11 am »

If you can't overthrow the government but don't want to support it with your labour, emigrate.
Moving to a foreign lands leaving behind your family's legacy and other sorts? Not much get the chance, we aren't gonna see the exodus we had back in the early 1900s for America ever again.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 23, 2011, 06:50:42 am »

Or fight politically, engage in activism, make civic lobbies, promote free software, and most important proclaim your opinion on videogame forum (the last one is the key to change the world, trust me on this).

Edit : the last comment is supposed to be a sarky comment on my forum activities, not an attack at anyone else's.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:00:42 am by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 23, 2011, 06:58:51 am »

More like some people is randomly shooting people in your neighbourhood, police come in and get him with a grenade launcher.

Let me correct this. Police come in and get you with a grenade launcher. Then they say you are guilty because you did nothing to stop the shooter(s) yourself.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 23, 2011, 08:20:21 am »

You're still talking about NATO there? 'Cause it makes no sense to me. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 416