Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364814 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #2325 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:06 am »

He looks grayer.... and shorter beard... at least from the picture...

There is the off-chance that he has been wearing different clothes... and has been working away from the 'media'...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: September 12, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »

I have successfully found the strangest Gaddafi-related thing ever made.

(This is the most purely insane, absolutely absurd thing I have ever found on the internet. Unfortunately, a file crash removed all images for about the first half of the LP, but the second half remains.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: September 12, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

Bump for a bit of good news. Remember the Epic Libyan from Zawiya? Appears he's still alive.
w00t! My guess is that when the Grim Reaper came for him, he beat Death into submission with his axe.

Now if only he could Epic AxeRage a new working government into being.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: September 12, 2011, 07:29:50 pm »

Bump for a bit of good news. Remember the Epic Libyan from Zawiya? Appears he's still alive.
w00t! My guess is that when the Grim Reaper came for him, he beat Death into submission with his axe.

Yeah, I was glad to see that.  The proliferation of cameras in civil wars has created a dynamic of characters, and some of the guys in Libya were made for the Internet.  It seems crass at first, but it really hammers home something in the heart of warfare, that people have direly commented on since the dawn of time.  Every death is a tragedy, every survivor is an epic triumph.

Pity that "I want to hit them with my sword" guy was probably toast a long time ago.  Where's that picture of him and the tweet about loyalist tank crews being found stabbed?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: September 12, 2011, 08:15:14 pm »

Pity that "I want to hit them with my sword" guy was probably toast a long time ago.  Where's that picture of him and the tweet about loyalist tank crews being found stabbed?
I'm pretty sure that this only means that he's almost certainly still alive. If you can't kill someone when you have a fully-crewed tank and they have a hunting knife, then how the hell can you kill them?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: September 16, 2011, 08:08:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that this only means that he's almost certainly still alive. If you can't kill someone when you have a fully-crewed tank and they have a hunting knife, then how the hell can you kill them?

By rolling a couple points higher next time?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »

By having James Bond drive that tank.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »

On the libyan front, it appears that they've finally got gadaffi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15389550

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: October 20, 2011, 01:34:32 pm »

Yeah, Gaddafi's dead.  There's a low-quality video of the body and while it's blurry and there's a lot of commotion in a few shots you can see, and it's really obviously him.

When I heard about it I checked the news and they were talking about Michael Jackson.  Yeah.

Spoiler: America (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:37:36 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: October 20, 2011, 01:47:20 pm »

Yeah, Gaddafi's dead.  There's a low-quality video of the body and while it's blurry and there's a lot of commotion in a few shots you can see, and it's really obviously him.

When I heard about it I checked the news and they were talking about Michael Jackson.  Yeah.

Spoiler: America (click to show/hide)
Because a singer that's been dead for two years takes priority over the dictator that has finally been toppled.

Cue anthem.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: October 20, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »

What a way to go.  They drag him out of a culvert, shoot him when he tries to run, throw him in the back of a truck, then kill him when they get tired of manhandling him, all with Groucho Marx hair.

Protip for dictators, aspiring or veteran: Always have an escape plan, and a good outfit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: October 20, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »

Now for the hard part.
Love, scriver~

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: October 20, 2011, 02:11:27 pm »

Trying to get into Heaven?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: October 20, 2011, 02:13:26 pm »

Trying to get into Heaven?
Heh, yeah.

Though I meant for Libya.
Love, scriver~

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: October 20, 2011, 02:18:14 pm »

What a way to go.  They drag him out of a culvert, shoot him when he tries to run, throw him in the back of a truck, then kill him when they get tired of manhandling him, all with Groucho Marx hair.

Protip for dictators, aspiring or veteran: Always have an escape plan, and a good outfit.
I'm surprised he didn't go to Venezuela  :P
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 416