Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365258 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #2160 on: May 25, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

So how is Yemen different from Libya again?

It started to heat up more recently?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: May 26, 2011, 09:03:44 am »

Yemen has been in a state of civil war for years. The only difference now is that the conflict moved to the capital.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: May 26, 2011, 06:59:39 pm »

So how is Yemen different from Libya again?
Better question - how is Bahrain different from Libya. Apart of US naval base, of course.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: May 27, 2011, 11:39:53 am »

Easy, the international comunity (well, Morroco and Saudi Arabia at least) is shooting at the protesters.

If you mean why don't we intervene? Because the media got only enough attention span for one or two conflicts, and we don't want to piss off Saudi Arabia, while nobody liked Kaddhaffi anyway. (For the same reasons, Syria may go down since it has ties with Iran.)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: May 29, 2011, 03:02:27 am »

From : http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/05/16/114269/wikileaks-cables-show-oil-a-major.html

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:37 am »

Breaking this morning: The Libyan (loyalist) military's top five generals and over hundred other officers have defected en masse, following joint negotiations with Italy and South Africa.  Qaddafi has basically lost his entire "joint chiefs" equivalent, along with most of the senior command chain; military analysts (including the newly defected generals) suggest the loyalist military is operating at "20% efficiency", whatever that means, on top of rapidly running out of ammunition, supplies, and fuel.  Qaddafi himself is in direct negotiations with other heads of state, but who knows what that maniac thinks they're discussing.

Okay, so it took a couple of months, and the Libyan people have certainly taken a lot on the chin, but the noose is finally tightening around one of the world's last entertaining strongmen.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: June 03, 2011, 02:58:45 am »

That sounds very promising. I'd say it sounds like his military is being dismantled quite well with surprisingly few civilian casualties, although I'd expect those numbers to go up a bit simply through people having time to count. All in all I have to say it seems a good job is generally being done by the people supporting the Libyan rebels. I hope the casualty counts are still low after the Libyan revolution is over.

EDIT: Also it might be a good idea to help out the Syrians a bit more, by that I mean the anti-Assad protesters, as it seems the authorities are shooting into crowds.

EDIT2: If I was Uncle Sam, what I would do since these protests seem to come under sniper fire, is offer the services of the best sniper teams in the world to provide overwatch over demonstrations and to coordinate recovery of enemy combatants so you could see who it is that is being a bastard and sniping civilians. Of course this is probably not allowed so it probably won't happen, but I think it would not be a bad idea as long as the Americans didn't end up getting blamed for sniping non-combatants, which I would hope would be something that could be avoided.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:18:34 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: June 03, 2011, 03:57:42 am »

EDIT2: If I was Uncle Sam, what I would do since these protests seem to come under sniper fire, is offer the services of the best sniper teams in the world to provide overwatch over demonstrations and to coordinate recovery of enemy combatants so you could see who it is that is being a bastard and sniping civilians. Of course this is probably not allowed so it probably won't happen, but I think it would not be a bad idea as long as the Americans didn't end up getting blamed for sniping non-combatants, which I would hope would be something that could be avoided.

1) People are being sniped at anti-government rallies.
2) Even Middle-Eastern people who like America think it has secret agents and assassins hiding behind behind every throne.
3) America offers to send snipers to out-snipe the snipers.
4) Everything's gonna work out fine.

Yeah, legality is the least of the reasons why that's an awesomely silly idea.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #2168 on: June 03, 2011, 04:10:41 am »

That's just the common violent video-game-fuck-yeah style of solution thinking. 

I'm going to ask Duuvian a much more crucial question when thinking about what "policies" to take:

What's there to gain? What are the cons?

That's it.  That's the most important question.  And don't give me all this relative crap about freedom and civil rights.  That can be handle by the propaganda depart-- err, unbiased mass media.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: June 03, 2011, 09:52:43 am »

2) Even Middle-Eastern people who like America think it has secret agents and assassins hiding behind behind every throne.

As an American, I'd be concerned if we didn't.
!!&!!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #2170 on: June 03, 2011, 03:42:32 pm »

Sure, you've already been convinced that everyone is out to get you so 70 % of your taxes must go to protecting you from all those threats.  Also, healthcare and education don't protect you from Chinese, Communists and Terrorists so they can cut. 

Disclaimer:  As always, statistics have been adjusted to suit the authors current needs.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: June 03, 2011, 08:08:40 pm »

I'm starting to think you're being passive-aggressive for the sake of it.

Spare a thought for the rest of us, please.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: June 04, 2011, 08:46:16 pm »

In the sense that that would mean something is royally going wrong with the government you mean? ;)

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: June 04, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »

In the sense that we pay more money into our military industrial complex than the rest of the world combined, and we better damn well be getting our money's worth.

But I kid. We don't need assassins and secret agents to make foreign governments do what we want. Why spend the money on such agents when putting that money directly into the pockets of said foreign governments works just as well at making them parrot the lines we feed them?
!!&!!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: June 05, 2011, 01:41:37 am »

1) People are being sniped at anti-government rallies.
3) America offers to send snipers to out-snipe the snipers.
4) Everything's gonna work out fine.

Yeah, legality is the least of the reasons why that's an awesomely silly idea.

Yeah, I suppose it is silly. I'm not going to argue much for this idea, but I figured it could be said. I suppose this idea probably is a bad one unless a popular revolution requested assistance. Even then I'd guess a lot of people around the world would not like it, so I'll respect their concerns and admit that now isn't the time for this idea and most likely never will be except if it were to be requested.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:44:13 am by Duuvian »

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 416