Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 365267 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world
« Reply #1935 on: March 26, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »

AC-130 gunships on the way. Those will be very helpful in blowing shit up maintaining the No-Fly-Zone.
AC-130's do not mantain No-Fly-Zones. They maintain No-Life-Zones. I'm going to go ahead and say that Gaddafi can be awarded the "Screwed Beyond All Reason" award now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 26, 2011, 01:22:21 pm »

Well now it looks like the UK is having mass riots.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 26, 2011, 01:46:57 pm »

The rebels just retook Brega and Ajdabiya.  Now, will NATO continue to bomb targets while the rebels are advancing?  Probably - but I'm not sure how they'd justify it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 26, 2011, 01:55:46 pm »

Well now it looks like the UK is having mass riots.

Not that this is exactly something to be conflated, but yes, what's supposed to be a labor protest has rapidly picked up an anti-war element.  There's a lot of message-traffic around the UK that anarchist groups are working their lulzy little magic, specifically hoping to enact some trademark ultraviolence on the BAE Systems headquarters near Buckingham Palace.  Needless to say, every bobby on the island is standing by to stop them, since they haven't been exactly quiet about such a plan.

The rebels just retook Brega and Ajdabiya.  Now, will NATO continue to bomb targets while the rebels are advancing?  Probably - but I'm not sure how they'd justify it.

AC-130s and helicopters haven't, knowledgeably anyway, been committed to the theater.  The UN resolution was very specifically worded in an open-ended way, so it's really anyone's guess from one day to the next what the NATO force (read: the American force) will actually be doing.  I'm hoping they put some thought into this during the three weeks or so that AFRICOM saw it coming, but the political goals outside of Libya seem to change faster than the rebel advance.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 26, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »

The next major battle will probably be in Sirte, I suppose. I can't see the rebels taking it without more heavy weapons though.
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 26, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »

The next major battle will probably be in Sirte, I suppose. I can't see the rebels taking it without more heavy weapons though.

Or some laser guided bombs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 26, 2011, 05:07:26 pm »

Dammit people i'm all anti war and anarchist and crap but don't take out BAE, who will finace our next trip to israel ;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 26, 2011, 05:30:25 pm »

Or some laser guided bombs.

I just happen to know where they can get some...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 26, 2011, 07:18:35 pm »

Where? I'll pass on the info... Once I get some of my own.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 28, 2011, 01:50:03 am »

Sirte has (edit: partially?) fallen tonight according to the newsies. Pro-Gaddafis fled yesterday evening without a fight, although according to the electronic eavesdropper rumour mill, 4 of these were in the area at the time, plus at least one AC-130 Spooky.

edit:dammit newsies, make up your mind.

edit2: Someone apparently trolled the world on Sirte falling, there's fighting in a town not too far away but they've not yet reached the city itself.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:27:53 am by olemars »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 28, 2011, 07:37:04 am »

Interesting story on the news today about a group of western journalists being held by Gaddafi in a hotel where they're told they can go wherever they want and are arrested and brought back to the hotel upon stepping out the front door. Occasionally they're herded on to buses and brought to staged (or not, I'm assuming here) gatherings of wildly pro-Gaddafi supporters who won't say anything other than how much they love Gaddafi.

Okay, the man's simply lost his mind. This is not how you influence the media to your side, except perhaps on the Nega-Moon of Batshitland.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:00 am »

By Jah...  Gaddafi's side is screwing things up so badly...
Is it him giving the orders to do random abusive shit top-down?  Anyone have any conclusive info on that?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 28, 2011, 10:43:26 am »

This is not how you influence the media to your side... but on meth it is.

You may be on to something...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 28, 2011, 11:52:16 am »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 28, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

Hey, guess where else is going to hell in a handbasket?

Cote d'Ivoire, for one. Quick backstory for those who hadn't paid attention the last few months:

Pseudoedit: Actually, after writing about three pages on the clusterfuck that is Ivory Coast, I decided it was too complicated and deleted it. Suffice it to say, you got these two guys (Gbagbo and Ouattara), and they each say they won the election, and they probably both cheated, and they each have a personal army of armed supporters. Hilarity ensues.

Oh, and this is really just a continuation of the 2002 Ivorian Civil War, which called a time out because of the 2006 World Cup. And they just kinda never got around to finishing the war. Until now.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 416