Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364469 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world
« Reply #1650 on: March 16, 2011, 06:08:46 pm »

Screw our governments, they ignore UN when it's for waging war for oil or passing freedom-threatening law, but now that Russia and China use it to defend their interest, they suddenly become obedient. Attack already, even Belgium with it's 100 F16 could destroy that son of a bitch.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 17, 2011, 07:31:55 am »

Germany And Italy are hostile to Europe involvement. The protesters will be slaughtered. From Berlusconi it's what I was expecting, from Merkels, well I expected that much since her involvement in the kidnapping of an innocent by the US and her lack of reaction .
I couldn't even be mad if an Islamic bombing strike Europe now. I'm deeply ashamed of Europe as a whole.

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 17, 2011, 08:48:00 am »

I am deeply ashamed of Europe too.
And also of all the so called "west".

after Benghazi government called for help, things SHOULD have moved faster. Especially because by then countries accepted it.

The ridiculous thing is that they are still discussing a no fly zone. When they will agree on something, Qaddafi will be dead by old age.

I am also sure that as soon as the civil war ends, my prime minister ( Berlusconi) will start again calling Qaddafi a great ally and a wise man. And he will resume being best friend forever. And people will still vote him :-\

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:01 am »

...How the hell did you guys manage to go all over from USA's lack of involvement in Libya to white guilt? Do you do that every single time politicians sit on their hands? Trust me, it's not gonna work out very well - if you take the fact someone's not really bothering to just go blocking transit/bombs, bombs everywhere/tossing nukes about on a massive clusterfuck that is a tad bit econonically related with them personally, you're gonna suicide in the nearest 10 years, and I'm not even joking.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:07 pm »

I'm deeply ashamed of Europe as a whole.

I'm ashamed at the way my country handled this as well. My adult life has consisted of years upon years of being told that we were doing a good thing for the Middle East in establishing a democratic state in Iraq. What do they do when democratic uprisings surge through the region? Sit on their hands because they don't get to make a puppet government or it upsets the existing one.

I was willing to accept that Iran's Green revolution was a fluke of incompetence on the West's part regarding their lack of support. There must have been circumstances out of their control, such the local region being against interference.

Now, however, the utter disregard for their own integrity is astounding. By ignoring requests from the region for help, the Western governments show their true colors. Any nation, corporation or governmental entity that stood in the way of these people's attempt at Democratic reforms should be remembered as the cause of what will obviously be continuing strife in the middle east that could have been prevented if cowardly politicians weren't afraid of any sort of meaningful action.

Also, I have to salute France. Once again, she stands for liberty. I think Great Britain is due some credit also. Thank you for trying and I'm sorry that there was something obstructing the way in my country's government. I also apologize for the fact that I, a random no one, am the one forced to be the one to apologize for the way this has been handled.

The United States Government has screwed up big time on this one. People sacrificed their lives bravely so you could upset the silver platter that was the opportunity for democracy (and from what you've been telling me since I was born, peace) in the region that is one of the powder kegs of the world.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:39:31 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 17, 2011, 01:35:12 pm »

I'm deeply ashamed of Europe as a whole.

I'm ashamed at the way my country handled this as well. My adult life has consisted of years upon years of being told that we were doing a good thing for the Middle East in establishing a democratic state in Iraq. What do they do when democratic uprisings surge through the region? Sit on their hands because they don't get to make a puppet government or it upsets the existing one.

I was willing to accept that Iran's Green revolution was a fluke of incompetence on the West's part due to their lack of support. There must have been circumstances out of their control, such the local region being against interference.

Now, however, the utter disregard for their own integrity is astounding. By ignoring requests from the region for help, the Western governments show their true colors. Any nation, corporation or governmental entity that stood in the way of these people's attempt at Democratic reforms should be remembered as the cause of what will obviously be continuing strife in the middle east that could have been prevented if cowardly politicians weren't afraid of any sort of meaningful action.

Also, I have to salute France. Once again, she stands for liberty. I think Great Britain is due some credit also. Thank you for trying and I'm sorry that there was something obstructing the way in my country's government. I also apologize for the fact that I, a random no one, am the one forced to be the one to apologize for the way this has been handled. The United States Government has screwed up big time on this one. People sacrificed their lives bravely so you could upset the silver platter that was the opportunity for democracy (and from what you've been telling me since I was born, peace) in the region that is one of the powder kegs of the world.

I think you just covered everything I wanted to say.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 17, 2011, 02:02:04 pm »

Hu? US now push for airstrike against Kadhafi. Better late than never.... (source guardian)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1657 on: March 17, 2011, 02:02:47 pm »

Cloud of doom...

Gadaffi forces are encircling a major rebel city and hitting bengazi with air raids.

Ray of hope...

The US is now pressuring the UN for authorization to take action, establish a no fly zone and perform strikes against Gadaffi forces.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110317/ap_on_re_af/af_libya
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 17, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »

WHAT? We could attack... tonight? Ok what happened? Did someone see little flames over the head of the diplomats?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1659 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »

What happened?

My wild conspiracy theory is that secret diplomacy has finally softened the Russian and Chinese resistance and they have agreed to not veto, only after this happened did the US jump in to publicly support action. Oh, and Jason Bourne and James Bond are being airdropped into Tripoli as we speak.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »

Khadaffi is threatening Mediterranean sea and air traffic in case there is international intervention:

http://www.businessinsider.com/libya-thursday-march-17-2011-3

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: March 17, 2011, 05:14:06 pm »

Khadaffi is threatening Mediterranean sea and air traffic in case there is international intervention
With what? Apparently the rebels control the navy and he needs his airforce at home to fight the rebels, so he doesn't much wriggle room for this threat. I kinda hope he does try to pull off some stunt like that, it'll help get nations onboard with intervention.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:30 pm »

Khadaffi is threatening Mediterranean sea and air traffic in case there is international intervention
With what? Apparently the rebels control the navy and he needs his airforce at home to fight the rebels, so he doesn't much wriggle room for this threat. I kinda hope he does try to pull off some stunt like that, it'll help get nations onboard with intervention.

Yeah I think it's a case of a madman's bluster.  But he does have some air power.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1663 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:20 pm »

He'll have his ground forces swim out.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 17, 2011, 05:34:05 pm »

Yeah I think it's a case of a madman's bluster.  But he does have some air power.

Quoth Leonidas, let us pray they are that stupid.  You want international involvement?  See what happens when Qaddafi opens up on stuff outside his borders.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 416