Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364269 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #4650 on: September 28, 2013, 04:07:14 pm »

As long as it's not the ministry of truth...
EDIT: A report from Damascus. Even government supporters think Assad's crazy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:15:25 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: October 05, 2013, 11:45:22 am »

Mali might blow up again.

Not only have MNLA said that they are pulling out of the peace process because the Malian government has broken its promises (to free their prisoners and give them more autonomy), there have been skirmishes in the North.

MNLA soldiers shot at Malian soldiers guarding a bank in Kidal and there was another scuffle somewhere where the MNLA claimed Malian soldiers started shelling their camps, but the Malians are now saying they fired first.

Hotfire90

« Reply #4652 on: November 02, 2013, 10:15:36 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:59:24 pm by Hotfire90 »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:46 am »

No mention of this on other news sources that I can see yet - will keep an eye on the BBC news website, as a claim of a Lebanese agency reported by RT is not the most credible in my eyes.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: November 02, 2013, 10:21:34 am »

Yup, the situation is completely out of control, rebels are attacking each other as often as they're attacking the government now. This is well living up to become the worst humanitarian disaster of this century (so far).

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: November 02, 2013, 10:49:56 am »

*Radical claim from Hotfire originating from a non-traditional news source*

Regardless, Chemical weapons have so far been the only bright spot in how shit is going there. Syria continues destroying their supplies on on pace.

Egypt, on the other hand, has gotten worse. The Military has lost control of many areas, esp. outside cities. They are continuing their march back to the Mubarak era, recently reinstating a old general from that time. Monday is the first day of Morsi's trial, and protests are well under way. Obama recently froze some military aid to Egypt, putting another dent in the unspoken agreement that the US aids Egypt, Egypt plays nice with Israel.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: November 02, 2013, 10:53:04 am »

It's not a dent, it's a threat. Egypt's military has no realistic way of maintaining the kind of force they have without US military aid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4657 on: November 06, 2013, 01:13:39 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24838061
Apologies in advance for not being exactly on topic, but there is [worthwhile] reason to suspect Yasser Arafat was assassinated.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: November 06, 2013, 01:21:18 pm »

So what? I thought most middle-eastern statesmen were eventually...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: November 06, 2013, 01:22:49 pm »

If means that if they can trace it back to Mossad then Israel has nowhere to hide. I'd like to see Obama justifying that.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: November 06, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »

if they can trace it back to Mossad
Hehe, not even Sherlock Holmes could do that - polonium's common enough, and after such a long time any traceable records will have disappered. Plus it would be entirely unlike Mossad to use something as obvious and long-term detectable as polonium, wouldn't it?
The Bay12 postcard club

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: November 06, 2013, 01:30:36 pm »

Hehe, not even Sherlock Holmes could do that - polonium's common enough, and after such a long time any traceable records will have disappered. Plus it would be entirely unlike Mossad to use something as obvious and long-term detectable as polonium, wouldn't it?
Mossad has just plain blown up Iranian nuclear scientists with plastic explosives and done nothing to hide it before, so...no. They might be more subtle if they were trying to kill a Palestinian leader, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4662 on: November 06, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »

Well it's obvious, but not that obvious.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: November 06, 2013, 01:40:00 pm »

That's Russia though. Putin's underlings regularly assassinate their enemies in broad daylight (including with gunfire) and nobody gives a shit. It's one of the few places in the world that massive conspiracy theories seem quite likely sometimes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:26:04 pm by Owlbread »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: November 06, 2013, 02:30:30 pm »

Would Russia have any vested interest in the death of Arafat?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:56:28 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 416