Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364162 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #4500 on: September 03, 2013, 03:36:26 pm »

Argh, see, this is what I'm talking about. If we really cared about people and doing the right thing, those refugees are the people we'd want to help. But we won't. We just won't. It's so infuriating.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »

Wow, Lebanon has received 700k syrian refugees?! if the crisis doesn't end soon, another one will shortly follow in lebanon. there is no way such a devastated country could ever support that many people all of a sudden and judging by how they treat the palestines that reside there, i am sure they will grant no better treatment to the syrians.  lebanon is already in a constant threat of getting in a second civil war as it is.

Edit: scratch that, i think its inevitable that the crisis will fully leak to lebanon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: September 03, 2013, 05:42:23 pm »

Lebanon will probably not treat the Syrians like they do the Palestinians, given Hezbollah's pro-Syrian bent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: September 03, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »

Lebanon is anti palestine?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:57 pm »

Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt all try their damnedest to keep the Palestinians from leaving Gaza and West Bank through them, in order to keep the situation as volatile as possible for Israel.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: September 03, 2013, 08:06:26 pm »

Isn't Lebanon like, Syria lite? Used to be part of Syria but was partitioned and the partition stuck?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: September 04, 2013, 07:08:11 am »

Putin officially promised to back up military action against Assad if Russia gets to see convincing evidence that the chemical weapons were used by Assad side. To paraphrase - "we assure you that we have evidence but it is classified, so we can't show you" by US will not cut it.

That was not surprising to me but similarity to the position of a major UK party was.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »

Putin officially promised to back up military action against Assad if Russia gets to see convincing evidence that the chemical weapons were used by Assad side. To paraphrase - "we assure you that we have evidence but it is classified, so we can't show you" by US will not cut it.

That was not surprising to me but similarity to the position of a major UK party was.
This seems really easy to play "Move the goal-posts" with. Define convincing.

Meanwhile, Bill o'Reilly has endorsed Obama's plan, and fire and brimstone is raining from the heavens.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: September 04, 2013, 02:07:33 pm »

This seems really easy to play "Move the goal-posts" with. Define convincing.

Meanwhile, Bill o'Reilly has endorsed Obama's plan, and fire and brimstone is raining from the heavens.
I am sure that it is about the same "convincing" as what the British parliamentarians mean. Not zero public evidence and "act quickly before the official UN commission publish their conclusions" as currently.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »

Quote from: Churchill
I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma: but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest.

The arguments will be convincing when it's in the Russian national interest to intervene in Syria.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: September 04, 2013, 02:27:10 pm »

Maybe we should start funding Islamists and relocating them a few hundred kilometers north from their current locations. That might actually touch Russian interests for once :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: September 04, 2013, 02:32:51 pm »

I have met a considerable number of Russians who believe the West did (and may still do) exactly that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »

Russians are willing to blame the West for just about anything that happens to Russia. I still hear of people claiming that Mikhail Gorbachev was a CIA agent.
No Gods, No Masters.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: September 04, 2013, 02:37:27 pm »

Russians are willing to blame the West for just about anything that happens to Russia. I still hear of people claiming that Mikhail Gorbachev was a CIA agent.

I myself have been accused of hiding terrorists and planning on destroying Russia.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4514 on: September 04, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »

Who would have suspected it was the nocturnal pastry all along?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 416