Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364765 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #4260 on: August 01, 2013, 02:48:01 am »

Shotgun shells at least should be fairly easy to make.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 01, 2013, 09:17:31 am »

I can find out how to make bullets (and guns from scratch) with a few clicks on TOR.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:29:36 am by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 01, 2013, 02:15:53 pm »

Bullets require metal. I don't think there's much metal handily avaliable in Syria.

Also possible lack of energy.

Besides, I think homemade bullets will with 50% probability jam the gun after first 5 shots.
._.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 01, 2013, 02:19:14 pm »

Can shotguns even jam?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 01, 2013, 02:20:07 pm »

Google says yes, yes they can.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 01, 2013, 02:29:15 pm »

Pretty sure any gun with a moving chamber should be able to jam.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:14 pm »

While shotguns can jam its more likely the round will fall apart in the barrel then fully jam it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: August 14, 2013, 04:04:12 am »

Egyptian security forces are clearing out pro Morsi protest camps. Deaths have been confirmed. If Egypt wants any chance at being a democracy, things like this just cant happen. I don't agree with the aims of the Muslim brotherhood, but using force agianst them in this manner will give them the chance to play the "opressed martyrs" card and are incredibly counter productive.
This is a blank sig.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: August 14, 2013, 04:05:27 am »

Yeah, and I bunch of them have been shot. Kinda sad the west doesn't take the same kind of stand they took when Morsi was president.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 14, 2013, 04:33:54 am »

The west has come to the conclusion that messing with the situation is both expensive and counterproductive, and is just letting everyone sort themselves out. If they don't like the result, we'll just roll the dice again.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:07 am »

Well, but if you ban Shariah law explicitly, how does it help at all? How do you prov that father was following Shariah law, and not just being an ass? He won't say it.

No, if you dislike a comportment, the way to go is not to ban some vague concept that may or may not correspond to what you want to see disappear. You ban the comportment. This means not only the stoning and cutting of hands, but also the fathers trying to force marriage or sequestrating people home.

Of course, these laws are hard to enforce, but "banning shariah", won't help at all.
And more to the point, other cultural and religious systems of ad-hoc law are just as bad. As mentioned, honor killings are cultural, not religious; but moreover, there are other tyrannies of religion which are just as bad. For example, the ultra-orthodox jews of Israel have similarly anti-women stances, as exemplified by stories like these: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/27/naama-margolese_n_1170655.html?ref=world
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/01/ultraorthodox-protestors-smash-bus-windows_n_3689392.html
Similarly, there is also anti-women doctrine in much of Christianity; ranging from cases like FLDS, where women were effectively seen as property, to even the widespread expected subservience of women in more mainstream groups.

So it isn't so much a case of a few bad apples as it is a case of "Almost every apple in this crate has a varying degree of nastiness, as well as all the other apples in all the other crates."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:29 am »

I'm getting a death toll of 100 now.
The west has come to the conclusion that messing with the situation is both expensive and counterproductive, and is just letting everyone sort themselves out. If they don't like the result, we'll just roll the dice again.
Yeah, it's almost comical how every side is blaming the US. The Brotherhood for supporting the Military, anti-Morsi for supporting Morsi, at this point we're at letting them deal with it.
So it isn't so much a case of a few bad apples as it is a case of "Almost every apple in this crate has a varying degree of nastiness, as well as all the other apples in all the other crates."
This sentence is universally right.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 14, 2013, 11:40:07 am »

http://www.kplctv.com/story/23107272/egypt-police-expected-to-besiege-morsi-sit-ins

"11 bodies bearing signs of torture were found near both sites. Amnesty International has also reported that anti-Morsi protesters have been captured, beaten, subjected to electric shocks or stabbed. At least eight bodies have arrived at a morgue in Cairo bearing signs of torture, the human rights group said."

Last I checked, kidnapping and torturing people for disagreeing with you is not peaceful assembly.

http://www.aim.org/newswire/media-blames-egyptian-military/

"Human Events investigated the viral videos of pro-Morsi supporters getting shot and concluded that pro-Morsi supporters shot each other to frame the military and security forces."

Wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it again.

I'll take a broken Democracy over a Theocracy any day. You can mend a Democracy, you can only end a Theocracy.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 14, 2013, 11:50:36 am »

Well, they did get a constitution and elections done in a few months the last time, so there is a possibility that it will end better this time around.
So much for your predictions, naive idiot past me.

Vice-president El Baradei has resigned, state of emergency has been declared, death toll is rapidly rising. Crap.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 14, 2013, 12:59:01 pm »

So what do you guys think? Will the Egyptian Civil War start in August or September?
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 416