Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 416

Author Topic: Egypt and the world and Libya - Now without Ukraine!  (Read 364499 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Egypt and the world and Libya
« Reply #2670 on: December 21, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »

So apparently 10,000 Syrian troops have defected. Assad really should flee Syria to hang out with Ben Ali in exile, as this will probably be his last chance to do so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: December 21, 2011, 04:28:12 pm »

So apparently 10,000 Syrian troops have defected. Assad really should flee Syria to hang out with Ben Ali in exile, as this will probably be his last chance to do so.

Uh... Whoa.  Okay, I was going to say that I'm not sure Syria really qualifies as a 'civil war' when there's not much in the way of a distinct opposition to the central government.  But when a whole damn division says, "fuck it, we're not following these orders anymore," yeah that's some brink of civil war shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: December 22, 2011, 04:05:15 am »

"Still, even in Damascus, rockets have been launched at army vehicles. " - well, it sound like civil war.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:54 pm »

So in the latest Middle East James Bond-like adventures, one of Iran's nuclear scientists - who may have been working on uranium enrichment for a bomb - dies in a car explosion from a magnetic bomb attached by a motorcyclist in the middle of the capital.

Sheesh.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 11, 2012, 05:55:59 pm »

Who knew that being a nuclear scientist made you a target for assassination? ;P That's the thing I would least expect if I went into that profession.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #2675 on: January 11, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »

Who knew that being a nuclear scientist made you a target for assassination? ;P That's the thing I would least expect if I went into that profession.

After dozens of assassinations in that and similar fields in the middle east, you really should expect it. For what its worth, it was most likely mossad and not the CIA.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:03 pm »

I just saw this and thought it would be relevant here:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/us-probes-video-depicting-marines-urinating-on-taliban-corpses-166090

Sickening not only because of complete lack of respect for the 'enemy' and the fact that it goes against everything a marine stands for, but also because of the inevitable backlash.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 12, 2012, 04:49:48 am »

For what it's worth, the US policy is so throughly inconsistent that I doubt it will hurt much.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: June 23, 2012, 04:16:46 am »

Resurrection for the sake of mentioning the news that a Turkish fighter jet got shot down by Syria yesterday.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: June 23, 2012, 04:38:29 am »

Resurrection for the sake of mentioning the news that a Turkish fighter jet got shot down by Syria yesterday.
It's a very convenient way for the USA to depose Assad without having to send American troops abroad (which would harm approval ratings).
The Turks can possibly declare war if they will manage to convince the international community (or Western countries, at least) that Syria attacked them first without any provocation. And because Turkey is a NATO member state, Russia (apparently) would be forced not to intervene because Turkey is a NATO member state defending itself from Syrian aggression and helping Syria would lead to a military conflict with the USA.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:40:26 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: June 23, 2012, 04:39:53 am »

Fun part: if that's considered an aggression, NATO is bound to help them.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 23, 2012, 04:53:44 am »

Fun part: if that's considered an aggression, NATO is bound to help them.
And it's a perfect way to bypass the UN Security Council. Russia and China would veto any UN-authorized military operations against Syria.

Now, it's very important how the Russians will react on this...
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: June 23, 2012, 05:23:50 am »

Yup, really interesting.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 23, 2012, 09:31:04 am »

Except from what i'm aware that NATO convention only counts if the act of aggression is in North America or Europe. Which this wasn't.

Not to mention that the turkish government is supposedly saying that the aircraft may have accidentally strayed into Syrian airspace.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:40:52 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: June 23, 2012, 09:43:19 am »

it all depends on what the involved countries want.
the case is close enough to the border that it can be spun both ways.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 416