Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Afterwind  (Read 3037 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Afterwind
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 07:42:25 am »

I actually might be able to run this thing some time later this weekend. How long does a typical game take?

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 07:51:02 am »

It depends really, there are allot of options for setting up a game like the map size (Europe, Asia, Europe+ Asia, whole world etc) and turn limit and the time per turn, which can be changed on the fly. Anything from 15 min's to 3 hours. Naturally you might not last until the end of the game hah, but even if you lose you can sometimes rejoin and start again. It does take a few games to get the hang of this.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 07:55:28 am »

I'd be up for a game as well.

Listen, despite people giving you a hard time saying "GAH SPAM BOT", try DF out, join the community. DF is a really fun game, and this community can be nice, but if you've played the game before, you can see where we get our terrifying sense of bloodlust.

EDIT: I also like the fact that no e-mail is required. Sign-up that's easy is always a good sign.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:57:04 am by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 08:01:12 am »

Not trying to be a suck up, I have never felt the need to register an account as many people here are much better quality posters than I am and everyone says what I think at some point more equivalently than I could.

I'm also dyslectic so forums are not my natural territory. But I found this game I love, checked if anyone else has posted about it which no one has.... So I wanted to share this game as a thankyou for all the great games I have found here.

I did know what response to expect but well, life is too short to care.

Btw there is a tab in the lobby for beginner games but it's not used very much at the moment.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 08:04:33 am »

King someone did post about this before but the Almighty Toady decided to close the thread down cause that was a add
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 08:05:30 am »

I'd be up for a game in about 20-ish hours. I'm registered there under the same name as here, so seek me out 'round that time, and we'll get a nice begginer's tutorial.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 08:11:50 am »

What's the differance between an add and being excited about a game... :o

Seek me out Il Palazzo when you see me online but I think I will be sleeping then.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 08:17:50 am »

An advertisement is something spamming the forums for money, and being excited about a game is not spamming the forums for money.

You went wrong when you put up the referral link. Everyone thinks something's up when there's a referral link. We think it's an ad, and not someone excited about the game.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 08:26:12 am »

God people are so suspicious, but ill remove it if people want me to. It's not like I was trying to trick anyone. It's only if they felt like doing me a favor.

I wouldn't mind if people posted theirs in this thread its hardly worth anything in the game let alone real money. I think the dev really has no money for advertising as well.

What it does as well is let me see who came from bay12 and know if it was worth while posting this thread, which would be intresting to anyone I think?

God I hope Afterwind has not got a bad name for it's self already....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:36:25 am by King Cow »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 08:31:27 am »

I don't mind you advertising it.
Some people however are on the edge due to spambots and the troll promising us the serial killer rougelike.

The idea of increasing your postcount to a certain point, before you are allowed to share something interesting you found is appalling.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:04:55 am »

I could swear I posted this last time the thread came up but...

"Afterwind is what I have on taco night."

There, I did it.
I got nothing

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 10:20:19 am »

Cow bot, best bot.

Seriously, you've handled the bridge dwellers rather well, I do hope you stay :)

I might give this a go later tonight when I get home from work. That's if I can tear myself away from the silly, silly amount of stuff I have ready on Steam nowadays...

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 10:57:24 am »

Give it up guys, he posted about a free game, gave the real link then a referral at the bottom, is talking in a respectable fashion, and the game looks nice.

Also, if you right click it says it's Silverlight.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 11:00:22 am »

Give it up guys, he posted about a free game, gave the real link then a referral at the bottom, is talking in a respectable fashion, and the game looks nice.

Also, if you right click it says it's Silverlight.

Give what up?
I got nothing

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:55 am »

Everyone is flaming him.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4