Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Ye Olde Texte Adventure  (Read 12312 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Texte Adventure
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 03:02:37 pm »

Having stopped upon a smalle hille, ye doth see the beast ye had been sente to killeth standing on a balcony of yonder Castle over the next hill. But the nearby Towne is interesting as welleth.

Thou hast been summoned to slay yonder princess?!
(No, I just replaced what I originally had there (bulwark) with something more possible to stand on but still like it, since google said a bulwark was a fence-like defensive thing, not a olde balcony-like thing like I thought.)

> Findeth knave who stoleth your thingse. Taketh thou thingse backe.
Thou hath tried that before, and beenest almoste quarterede by the knave's trappethed laire.

>Sirrah, methinks it most veritable to say that to assay to slay thy fellows by might of arms would make of thou a coxcomb and a braggart, for thou have not such might and, withal, to assay to slay these slubberdegullious sorts by artifice and stealth would mark thee a varlet and a knave of the most pusillanimous sort. I advise and adjure thou, for the nounce, to repair to the forest and to thither find a coney hare, strike it dead, and anon return hither with the carcass and sell it for a price of multitudious sovereigns. Be thee aware, however, lest the sheriff gaze upon thou and proclaim a deadly doom upon thy head, and declare to all that thou art a poacher and a mountebank.

After thinking for a wee momente, ye understandeth the paragraphical commandeth, and go thusly to yonder nearby foreste, striking the firste hare ye see upon its head with thy old woodene planke.  Thy woodene plank breaks, but thine bounty has been goteth. Thou then sees another coney hare and thusly strikeths it withe thy firste hare. Ye then go hither back to the Towne and gain 2 golde per coney hare. On thy way to the Taverne (for it tis also the INNE), the sheriff see-eth thou and askeths why thou does not looketh drunk, yet thou is still awaketh at the hour of Midnighte.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:06:27 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »

retire for I am tired.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 03:48:52 pm »

Ye cannae retire, ye hath nay golde to be retirin' withe. 4 gold doth not maketh a retiring.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 03:53:49 pm »

>Get ye flask.
Oh damn you!

>Farmeth Gold.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:01 pm »

Definitions of retire on the Web:

go into retirement; stop performing one's work or withdraw from one's position; "He retired at age 68"
withdraw: pull back or move away or backward; "The enemy withdrew"; "The limo pulled away from the curb"
withdraw from circulation or from the market, as of bills, shares, and bonds
adjourn: break from a meeting or gathering; "We adjourned for lunch"; "The men retired to the library"
make (someone) retire; "The director was retired after the scandal"
dispose of (something no longer useful or needed); "She finally retired that old coat"
lose interest; "he retired from life when his wife died"
put out: cause to be out on a fielding play
cause to get out; "The pitcher retired three batters"; "the runner was put out at third base"
go to bed: prepare for sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight"; "He goes to bed at the crack of dawn"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 03:56:46 pm »

Ye can nae continue farming yet, the sheriff asked ye a questione. Thou doth not want to be thought a knave yet, yes?

(Oh. thanks vadia.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 04:00:55 pm »

>Answereth that the tavern wench hath not brought ye beer yet.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 04:03:48 pm »

Findeth a chain and fashioneth thy woode into plankchuckes. Cracketh said plankchuckes over the heade of yon sheriffe.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

>Findeth a chain and fashioneth thy woode into plankchuckes. Cracketh said plankchuckes over the heade of yon sheriffe.
Thy memory be shorter than a wheat grain! Thy woodene plank hath broke in yonder nearby forest.

>The tavern wench hath not brought ye beer yet.
"Thou thinks she will come out hither? thou art silly. G'night, then."
Ye retire and then farmeth golde.

Thy inventory at Midday:
Cheap Telescoping Monacle
10 golde left.

the SMITHE has woken.
>_
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

Obvious Warning

Why?! I just lost nearly half an hour thanks to that!
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:39 pm »

>Buyest as much as thou can from the Smithe, then sellest the stuffs for profith.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:47 pm »

>Findeth a chain and fashioneth thy woode into plankchuckes. Cracketh said plankchuckes over the heade of yon sheriffe.
Thy memory be shorter than a wheat grain! Thy woodene plank hath broke in yonder nearby forest.
Two pieces of woode maketh plankchuckes, assuming ye picked up said broken woode pieces after said breakage.
Obvious Warning

Really, that's just cruel. Watch where you're flinging those TVTropes links!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 04:14:28 pm »

Obvious Warning

Because it explains what this adventure is doing to english better than I could, and ending up on that page (from someone else's link) is why i decided to start this in the first place.

The pieces were nae picked up, ye could not see them in the darke foreste.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 04:17:41 pm »

Honestly people, is it that hard to stop reading TV Tropes?
Hello Hunam

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »

Honestly people, is it that hard to stop reading TV Tropes?
For normal people maybe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15