Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 6.3 - Game Over: Town Gets Lucky. Survivor Loses Only Brother. :'(  (Read 129592 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 3: Toaster's Toasted And Pandarsenic's Mind Is Poisoned
« Reply #540 on: March 01, 2011, 07:44:22 pm »

Book, some of that is from other days.
...I don't understand. Am I using the wrong source data? I thought it was right, but if you confirm, I'll take it down until I check it fully (sorry if I messed up).

If you mean that the red text/votes are from the previous days, that is expected: it's not meant to be a vote count, it merely shows the last time that person made a red-coloured text formatting. The Tracker knows nothing about "days".

If you mean the very last MBP post before the tracker, it's not counted -- he ninja'd me by less than a minute, it was already written, so I didn't rerun it. His post will be reflected on the next one.

Please clarify what you mean. I'll take it down if it's giving misleading or incorrect information.
He means votes, due to the daykill, but it doesn't matter, as Day ends in a couple minutes.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 3: Toaster's Toasted And Pandarsenic's Mind Is Poisoned
« Reply #541 on: March 01, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

He means votes, due to the daykill, but it doesn't matter, as Day ends in a couple minutes.

Right. But although the votes are reset, the tracker knows nothing about resettings, or days (or even votes, really); it just lets you find that person's last use of red rext whenever it happened, which shouldn't be mistaken for an actual currently-active vote. But you're right, it can be confusing... maybe something should be done about it (which we can discuss elsewhere).

Still, if you think it's more confusing than useful, I'll take it down, no problem.

Otherwise, I'll shut up now. I'm dead.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Night 2: Org Ya Glad You Didn't Vote Someone Else?
« Reply #542 on: March 01, 2011, 08:12:20 pm »

Right. But although the votes are reset, the tracker knows nothing about resettings, or days (or even votes, really); it just lets you find that person's last use of red rext whenever it happened, which shouldn't be mistaken for an actual currently-active vote. But you're right, it can be confusing... maybe something should be done about it (which we can discuss elsewhere).

Still, if you think it's more confusing than useful, I'll take it down, no problem.

Otherwise, I'll shut up now. I'm dead.
Honestly, I don't use the tracker for votes anyhow. I just needed a good count on how often people were posting. So, don't worry about it.

The group had come to a wholly inconclusive majority on Zrk2, apparently nicknamed after the Zimbabwe Robot Kanga2s, which just happens to be some fancy band. I never really got the new names for bands. I mean, things like bands used to have names that made some sense. Some of these new-fashioned bands have the most insane names, I just don't understand.

Anyhow, my boss searched through his pockets, pulling out some recent concert tickets, and a rather lengthy pocket book. But, there was no money.

"Meh," I said. "Ain't really a point no more. You already found the guy that took it."

"There's more of it out there!" he yelled. I shook my head. They probably already took off.

Zrk2 shook the group off of him and walked out the door.

"Last time I come here!" he remarked, walking to his car.

I motioned at the manager to get cooking. "Well, I've got so-" He was cut off by a book breaking the glass of the front window, which managed to also smack the manager square in the head. I laughed, pulling the book off his head. The title was 'How to Get Revenge.' Very fitting.

Vote Count
------------------------
Org - Zrk2,
NativeForeigner -
Ottofar -
Zrk2 - Org, Jack A T, Jokerman-EXE, Ottofar, Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Jack A T -
Jokerman-EXE -
Mindmaker -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -

Not Voting - Mindmaker, NativeForeigner,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

Zrk2 has been lynched!

Zrk2 was a Badass Bookworm (town).

It is now Night.

Zrk2 - Badass Bookworm
"'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read." -Mark Twain

(Auto) Guilt: If you kill a player using Read, your actions no longer succeed.
(Night) Read [target] [target]: You read the movements of the first target and apply a more refined version toward the second target.
(1-Shot, Night) Infinity Action [target]: The target's action applies to any players you specify.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Night 3: Same Pun Twice!
« Reply #543 on: March 02, 2011, 08:23:45 am »

I was sweeping up the glass while the manager cleaned up some when the police arrived. Seems they got stuck in some nonexistent traffic and managed to catch a guy speeding down the road on the way here.

I pointed them towards the back and the few remaining suspects, who were the only ones besides me, some new waitress named Diane, and the manager left in the restaurant.

The police began taking notes on the stories of everyone, as well as arresting the few in the back. They were getting awfully suspicious of the manager, though. I could feel it.

Luckily, none of the patrons seemed to cause trouble while the police were here. Rather peaceful.

The jukebox began playing its familiar piano tune. "I hold your hand in mine, dear..."

No one has been killed!

Vote Count
------------------------
Org -
NativeForeigner -
Ottofar -
Jack A T -
Jokerman-EXE -
Mindmaker -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -

Not Voting - Mindmaker, NativeForeigner, Org, Jack A T, Jokerman-EXE, Ottofar, Mysteriousbluepuppet,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 4: The Police Arrive
« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2011, 11:21:20 am »

I did not expect that at all.

Well.

I'd tell you what my power today does (and by the way, notice the jukebox?), but saying the effects out loud would be bad for the town, so...no.

I'm currently suspecting Org (who can be cult now, by the way.  Just not cult leader.) and NativeForeigner the most.  The lurkier other players could easily also be cult or scum.

I will post more after school.

Org: With Zrk2 town, who do you think is cult?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2011, 12:13:42 pm »

I think it's safe to assume, that scum has been replaced by cult, hence no NK.

Also the jukebox ability is also in effect during nights. You could have mentioned that Jack.

Anyway, the night has been quite insightful. Lets see to what use I can put my newly aquired information.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2011, 02:06:20 pm »

Org, you and Native are at the top of my list. Native's claim is a lot more believable now that Zrk2 has flipped town, and your role could easily be something else entirely. Frankly, I just don't trust you. I've seen you play well before.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 02, 2011, 02:55:29 pm »

Are we at MyLo now?

I mean: Cultleader + 1-2Cultists
v 4-5 town.
Lynch Town, 4 townies left, against the two cultists.
One town converts to cult at night, 3:3 town:cult ratio.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 02, 2011, 03:10:51 pm »

Interesting. Yeah, cult probably finished off the scum. I think I got blocked last night, my action failed.

Also, Org, told you~.

Jokerman: If my claim is a lot more believable now, then why am I at the top of your list?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 02, 2011, 03:16:26 pm »

You're at the top of my list because cult could have gotten you (WIFOM, yes, but it's true) and because trusting anyone explicitly at this point in the game would be a terribly stupid idea.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2011, 03:18:18 pm »

You're at the top of my list because cult could have gotten you (WIFOM, yes, but it's true) and because trusting anyone explicitly at this point in the game would be a terribly stupid idea.

I'm not saying you should trust anyone, but if that's your reasoning, then EVERYONE should be at the top of your list. It's that particular flavor of wine that I'm sure cults love. Cult could have gotten you as well.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 02, 2011, 03:29:30 pm »

BAHstards!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 02, 2011, 03:46:16 pm »

Interesting. Yeah, cult probably finished off the scum. I think I got blocked last night, my action failed.

You didn't get blocked, it was the song playing.
Anyway, Extension.

I'll need some time to overthink everything.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 02, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »

Anyway, Extension.

It's, uh, ending on next Monday.
Oppose Extend for now.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 02, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »

Anyway, Extension.

It's, uh, ending on next Monday.
Oppose Extend for now.

It is? Sorry, I should have looked beforehand.
Days somehow always look so short.
In that case I'd like to withdraw my extension.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48