Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: BYOR 6.3 - Game Over: Town Gets Lucky. Survivor Loses Only Brother. :'(  (Read 129497 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 6.3 - Day 1: Sheriff Org
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:46 pm »

W   L
T     1   6
M     5   3
3     2   3

Total 8   12

Plus four games that never finished, one that's not over, and this one.  I blame my low town game count on Meph.

What do you hope to get from that question?  What makes you say I'm most experienced?  At best I'd put myself in the top 5 of this game.
I'l keep that you are the most experienced mafia in mind after tonight
Just finding stuff out until after tonight...

Yes I am just curious.
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2011, 02:33:20 pm »

One and a half beginners mafia and a game of kingmaker mafia.
Not much, but I catch on fast, I believe.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2011, 02:48:40 pm »

I think I'm somewhere in the range of having played six-to-ten games, and was scum for three of them.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2011, 02:51:28 pm »

Oh right, forgot about the scum part.
Never been one of them.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2011, 03:03:22 pm »

I've been a mafioso twice, and an SK twice.

Also, experience =/= skill.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »

W   L
T     1   6
M     5   3
3     2   3

Total 8   12

Plus four games that never finished, one that's not over, and this one.  I blame my low town game count on Meph.

What do you hope to get from that question?  What makes you say I'm most experienced?  At best I'd put myself in the top 5 of this game.

Yes I am just curious.

What, you think I was able to pick my alignment?  That line of thinking is nonsense.  Are you going to do any actual scum hunting?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »

W   L
T     1   6
M     5   3
3     2   3

Total 8   12

Yes I am just curious.

What, you think I was able to pick my alignment?  That line of thinking is nonsense.  Are you going to do any actual scum hunting?
alright then...
Toastergiven the choice would you eat bacon or waffles... And yes it is a serious question gauging how much of a decent person you are.
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:02 pm »

Or Book, No doubt the douchiest player so far.
Bite me. And you didn't answer my question, SaintDraze:
A question for you: if you were in charge of selecting tomorrow's sheriff, what criteria would you use? Who would be your top two candidates?

Everyone-How many games have you played, and out of those games when were you scum?
I'm surprised Toaster and others kept meticulous track... I don't know, really. About a dozen or two, I think. I've won several times as scum, and only once or twice as town.

Book: Not like I'm serious, man. It's just funny.
GLaD to hear. Yeah, that. 8-)

Zath: Do you believe the kingmaker style is more usefull to scum or to town, or Sk ?
In theory, neither. It's still all about the scumhunting. However, it gives any anti-town the possibility of a free mislynch if they get crowned, so it's a dangerous and heavy burden on the kingmaker (assuming he's town, but a kingmaker should be town).

Book: Org's response indicates that (he believes/he wants us to believe) that him being sheriff isn't part of his role. What do you propose should be done if somebody's role randomly selects a king each day?
I don't know there's much we can do about it... Just roll with the punches, I'd say.

Nirur: If you were kingmaker, who would you crown tomorrow? What kinds of factions do you think we have this game?

Pandarsenic: If you were Sheriff, and had to lynch right now, who would be your choice?

Zrk2: You've been suspiciously quiet. Please tell us your thoughts on the game so far, and, if you were scum, who would you kill tonight and why? If you were a cultist, who would you convert and why?

Toaster: If you were scum, and suspected a player being the kingmaker role, would you try to NK him, or let the king mechanic continue?
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2011, 04:21:54 pm »

alright then...
Toastergiven the choice would you eat bacon or waffles... And yes it is a serious question gauging how much of a decent person you are.

I'll take that as a no.   In any case, I'd pick both- they're a good complement.  If I could only pick one or the other to make a meal out of, it'd be waffles for their more fillingness.

How many mafia members are there?

Book:  I went back and counted when he asked- I just had to read back a few pages in the forum to look at titles, and I could (mostly) remember my alignment and result.

In answer to your question, it'd largely depend on whom it was.  If I thought I stood a reasonable chance of being picked as king by that person (by hook or by crook), I'd leave them alive.  If I was unsure, I'd leave them alive anyway for the lack of a voting trail the kingmaker mechanic would leave me.  I'd probably only NK them if I thought they were quite astute and on the right track.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25:57 pm »

Yeah. So, back, re-reading.
It also seems Web now has a hard-on for powers controlling lynches, not revives this game.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2011, 04:34:31 pm »

Zrk2: You've been suspiciously quiet. Please tell us your thoughts on the game so far, and, if you were scum, who would you kill tonight and why? If you were a cultist, who would you convert and why?

I've been suspiciously at school. There has been very little voting, and only action by a few players. Overall, very passive.

I have played four or five games on the forums here. Not exactly sure.

SaintDraze tell me about the coffee here, and then about any suspicions you have, or questions floating about in your head.
Everyone, then answer (the shit) out of his questions.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2011, 04:42:14 pm »

I am of the opinion that questions directed at everyone are worth very little.  The lack of specific attention puts no weight behind them.

Native:  Who would you most want as a scum partner here?  If you were scum, who would you least want as town?

Zrk2:  Let's assume you're town, and you have a one shot night kill.  What would you save it for?  What criteria would you use for selecting a target when you did use it?

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2011, 04:43:26 pm »

Zrk2: You didn't answer my questions. You even quoted them, and then ignored them. Please do.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »

I would convert whoever was most active or least scummy. A ratio between the two. I have never been a cultist (or even scum) and so I am not sure how I would role in those roles. (See what I did there?)
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2011, 05:00:28 pm »

Nirur: If you were kingmaker, who would you crown tomorrow? What kinds of factions do you think we have this game?
If I was the kingmaker and Org hits an anti-town role, I'd likely crown him tomorrow. Otherwise ... I'm not sure. Probably whoever stirred up the discussion the most, unless I felt something was off about them.

I'd guess three scum, along with two or three third parties. I doubt Web is predictable enough for yet another revivocult, so possibly a normal cult, and probably a survivor/SK/jester. Then again, another revivocult is just what we wouldn't expect, so I'm not ruling it out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48