Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Car chases  (Read 2680 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Car chases
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 02:09:12 am »

By the way, you guys think car damage and heat should stick between raids? If so, we need a new skill as well - Mechanics/Tuning/Whatever which allows the liberal to repair and customize Liberal vehicles. But first things first - the chases.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:22:49 am by Kay12 »
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 03:30:21 am »

That would be cool, I'd like all the bullet-holes and blood stains to detract from resell value... Perhaps you even get strange looks from the car salesman! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:35 am »

I do think damage/heat should carry forward.

One LONG wanted feature (goes back to Toady's notes) is the ability to get pulled over. Specifically, the ability to get pulled over by abusive Gang Unit cops and beat up for doing nothing.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 05:08:49 am »

Just like in the beginning of GTA: San Andreas.

Except this time it's a group of armed terrorists!

And on another note, what'cha guys think of truly liberal vehicles like bicycles and electric cars?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 04:35:07 pm »

They should be included, and driving SUVs in an Elite Liberal society should be a crime, punishable by immediate confiscation of the offending vehicle.

But the priority is cool car combat.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 07:42:49 pm »

And on another note, what'cha guys think of truly liberal vehicles like bicycles and electric cars?
You know what I think this calls for? Oh yeah, that's right, I'm making another one. New Issue Crucibilification is go!

Car Usage
C+: Car companies receive tax breaks for producing gigantic gas-guzzling cars in the interest of being "100% American".
C: High-MPG cars dominate the market, quickly draining the world's oil reserves.
M: Hybrid cars are popular, but token government support leaves them only a minority.
L: Hybrid and Electric cars dominate the market, and full-gas car users are heavily taxed.
L+: By law, only full-electric cars can be bought, sold, or used. Gasoline is illegal.

Moving conservative will be an act to "Liberate the Car Industry".
Moving liberal will be an act to "Ensure Societal Sustainability".

Now, for effects. First, I suggest the addition of Hummers to the game, because of how much the H1 can be seen as a symbol of Arch-Conservatives. Now, at C+ it becomes easier to find trucks, Hummers, Sportscars, Police Cruisers, and SUV's on car stealing missions, and their car dealer price decreases. At C the same is true, but lessened. In addition, a hybrid bug and only a hybrid bug becomes available, which is extremely rare and expensive. At M, the prices of all cars are, well, moderate. There are hybrid versions of all but the conservative cars, and an electric bug. At L, the full gas cars vanish except for the conservative cars, which now have hybrid versions as well (except the Hummer). All cars except the conservative cars now have electric versions. At L+, all hybrid and gas cars vanish off of the market, and the conservative cars (except the Hummer) finally get electric versions. Non-electric cars become illegal to possess. Molotovs can no longer be bought, as they require gasoline.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 11:14:13 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 07:47:42 am »

At Car Usage L+, Free Speech C+, the firemen use electric flamethrowers.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:01 am »

At Car Usage L+, Free Speech C+, the firemen use electric nuclear flamethrowers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 09:00:54 am »

At Car Usage L+, Free Speech C+, Nuclear Power C+ the firemen use electric nuclear flamethrowers.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 09:26:53 am »

How about nuclear cars?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 11:24:45 am »

nuclear cars there a C+ thing, maybe link it to nuclear power i.e. nuclear-powered car are commen place.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 [2]