Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The 'Foods that people should like, but you specifically don't like.' Thread.  (Read 5345 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Green capsicum, I'm with you all the way. Red or apparently Yellow, sweet and juicy.

Cooked, however, it just gets slimy and ugh.
You realy have to be quick with a frying pan to get them right. They do go bad fast if you leave them in too long, and everybody does.

On that note, barbque streaks, but only the ones cooked by morons who burn it into a crisp. Streaks are meant to be tender and juicy, not rubbery! You get grill marks on it, then put it to the side and close the lit to let it cook, not burn it untill is like leather. For some reason, people love to eat leather meat...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Frosting/icing/whatever you call it. Why do people like this stuff, it's way too sickly-sweet. In fact, sweet is all it tastes like. Flavored varieties are sometimes okay, if the sweet doesn't overwhelm the rest of the flavor (I remember a coconut one that went well with chocolate, and using whipped cream as a substitute is always delicious).

There is a pattern... Marzipan and Taffida are also often HORRIBLE

Icing can be great but it is often used to cover up mediocre cake or to provide sugar sweatness to an already sweet cake. Properly used Icing is supposed to work together with the cake to create a new flavor. So I fully understand you disliking the vast majority of Icing.

Marzipan and Taffida are just plain horrible and are used because they look nice not because they taste good. I've seen people take it right off of cake before. They CAN work, but for the most part it is a shortcut.

Actually after having good cakes (my favorite is Strawberry Shortcake) and then having a "Standard Birthday cake" I never realised how flat out bad ordinary cakes are. Honestly I can't go back to the cakes I ate as a kid.

Ps. I HATE "Ace of Cakes"... They do NOT make Cake, I don't care what the show says. If you ate any of their cake you would probably vomit or die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not.

Alcohol.  Never understood the appeal in making yourself temporarily retarded and guaranteed to do things you'll regret later.  It also tastes like regurgitated earwax. All alcohol.  Even fruity drinks people convince me to try that they promise will not have any alcohol taste to it.

I like a small dab of baileys in my coffee, and I will tolerate sipping at something slightly alcoholic at social events for my wife.  It makes her really happy.  That's all the alcohol I've ever been willing to consume.  I'm the only person I know (excluding small children) who has never even been buzzed.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you drunk enough Salmon God people go under Euphoria.

I can't stand alcohol at all. You stomach it even better then I do SalmonGod. I can barely stand Rum chocolates (and those are weak enough for children to eat)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm the only person I know (excluding small children) who has never even been buzzed.

*raises hand*

I don't like grapefruit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I'm the only person I know (excluding small children) who has never even been buzzed.

*raises hand*

I don't like grapefruit.

I have a tree of the fucking things in my backyard. Nobody in my family eats them (though my uncle made some into marmalade once, and he's the only one who'll eat that), so they really just present a hazard to mowing.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alcohol.  Never understood the appeal in making yourself temporarily retarded and guaranteed to do things you'll regret later.

This is spoken like a person who hasn't ever actually touched the stuff (which you haven't, at least not to a significant degree).

I used to think like that, and I still don't really like the idea of reducing my capacity for judgment, but it affects different people differently, and odds are that if you think like that, you wouldn't be the kind of person to turn into a total idiot just because you've had a couple drinks. It's not a "guarantee" of anything, and it's a lot easier to not see why people enjoy it when you've never really done it yourself.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

... Are bell peppers Capsicum?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, Tack. Yes they are.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Yes, Tack. Yes they are.
I'd never heard of them being called that before.

I hate fish sticks.  Any other way of making a fish I'm fine with, but one day some switch got flipped and fish sticks made me sick to my stomach to even smell from that point on.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, Tack. Yes they are.
I'd never heard of them being called that before.

I hate fish sticks.  Any other way of making a fish I'm fine with, but one day some switch got flipped and fish sticks made me sick to my stomach to even smell from that point on.

Bell peppers are capsicum; only place I know calls them capsicum is Australia.
Blossom of orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I used to think like that, and I still don't really like the idea of reducing my capacity for judgment, but it affects different people differently, and odds are that if you think like that, you wouldn't be the kind of person to turn into a total idiot just because you've had a couple drinks. It's not a "guarantee" of anything, and it's a lot easier to not see why people enjoy it when you've never really done it yourself.

I have to admit, I've wondered how it would effect me.  Though I suppose it's not hard to guess.  All it does it reduce inhibitions, right?  So people come right out with all the parts of themselves they normally hide.... with some puking, stumbling, and slurring thrown on top.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Bell peppers are capsicum; only place I know calls them capsicum is Australia.
Yea, it took me a second or two to catch on that 'bell peppers' means capsicum. I realy like these, to be honest, they taste a little like water with crunch. I like that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Well how 'bout that.

Alright, makes more sense now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

I have to admit, I've wondered how it would effect me.  Though I suppose it's not hard to guess.  All it does it reduce inhibitions, right?  So people come right out with all the parts of themselves they normally hide.... with some puking, stumbling, and slurring thrown on top.

Though you could get a similar effect with sleep deprivation, minus the puking (probably) and most of the long-term organ damage.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7