Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The 'Foods that people should like, but you specifically don't like.' Thread.  (Read 5337 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pistachios.
BLAHREHBOOLT

yes.
You're a freak, and should be cast out of civilized society >:(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let me see

Fish, Ham, Cranberry Sause, Turkey Stuffing, Peppers (all kinds), Alcoholic Drinks (ALL kinds), Coffee, Tea, Bottled Water (ECH it tastes sooo bad!), Lobster, Shrimp, Seaweed.

Can I think of more?

Peeps, Lemon, Beans...

Hmmm

Toblerone, Orange Chocolate, Oatmeal, Bran flakes, Carrot Cake (No really)...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Food that People Should like.

Seaweed is exotic. Peppers are exotic.
What the hell are peeps? I wouldn't eat my peeps!

But hey, if anyone enjoys tucking into a good lemon, post it here! I used to enjoy the occasional lemon back in my younger days. That was back when I was on a daily diet of citrus fruit, though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Food that People Should like.

Seaweed is exotic. Peppers are exotic.
What the hell are peeps? I wouldn't eat my peeps!

But hey, if anyone enjoys tucking into a good lemon, post it here! I used to enjoy the occasional lemon back in my younger days. That was back when I was on a daily diet of citrus fruit, though.
Peeps - American marshmallow candies
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love lemons. I'll eat them raw like an orange. Limes too.
I am not a picky eater and will try just about anything but I have never like mayonnaise at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Peppers are exotic"

They are near dirt common here in Canada

In a Vegetable spread it is even common to have sliced peppers. All vegetable pizzas have Peppers and even Salads have them.

They arn't exotic at all.

As for Lemon I mean Lemon in all forms (except Lemonaid), I cant stand lemon candy, sweets, cake.

Ohh I might as well include: Sugar Cookies and Short bread
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:02:41 pm by Neonivek »

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Peppers are exotic.

Capsicum is *everywhere*, mate.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Dude this is creepy. So many posts that describe exactly my experience as a child.

For me? Cooked Squash.

My mom makes Butternut Squash. She cuts it in half, sprinkles the insides with brown sugar and bakes them until the meat is soft.

The minute I smelled them, it went south in my stomach. I ate through dinner, but when she forced me to eat that squash...well....I sure showed her. And the whole table.

Even now when I smell it, it instantly makes me nauseous. It smells like a rotting fruit, all putrid sweetness and has the consistency of one. Warm and mushy and........*herk*

There were a couple other things I had that reaction to, but I think I outgrew most of them. Butternut squash though....has stayed with me.

Also:

Friggen onions.

I like the flavor. I hate the texture. It doesn't make me physically ill....but large chunks of cooked onions in almost any dish ruins it for me.

Also liver. It boggles my mind why people like to eat the organ of a living thing that filters poisons out of its bloodstream. Mmmmmm, can you taste the death? CAN YOU?!

Capsicum/bell peppers. It especially annoys me that they seem to be in everything these days.

I hear you. My family thinks bell peppers are like some kind of fancy salad/meal ingredient. Cooked....I can kind of see it. Some flavor comes out of it.

But raw they're flavorless, bitter vegetables not intended to be eaten whole. People just see the brilliant colors and think "Oh my, that will make this food so much better!" It doesn't. Lots of things that look tasty in fact are not. Peppers without heat are a lie conceived by the Man to get us to eat stuff that isn't good.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:16:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eck, people LIKE squash!?!

I personally grew up with Mollasas and Beans (however you spell it)

I never could eat it and later I found out no one in my family actually likes it. (though they ALL love beans... honestly they can eat refried beans uncooked from the can.)

As for Onions

They are a lot like Beans, they would be alright if people would practice a bit of restraint. I really dislike people who love putting tons of onion on stuff. The only reason I didn't include it in my list is that I like Onion, I just dislike the way everyone uses it.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Who on earth would put molasses on beans? Isn't molasses like quite sweet? I don't think that'd go well with beans (although tomato sauce and fried onions and peppers do go with beans even though they have a hint of sweetness over them)

Capsicum/bell peppers. It especially annoys me that they seem to be in everything these days.

I hear you. My family thinks bell peppers are like some kind of fancy salad/meal ingredient. Cooked....I can kind of see it. Some flavor comes out of it.

But raw they're flavorless, bitter vegetables not intended to be eaten whole. People just see the brilliant colors and think "Oh my, that will make this food so much better!" It doesn't. Lots of things that look tasty in fact are not. Peppers without heat are a lie conceived by the Man to get us to eat stuff that isn't good.
Are you sure you're thinking of the same kind of bell pepper as I am? Because bitterness isn't exactly the word I'd use to describe it (as opposed to, say, chicory/witloof and red lettuce, which are the only vegetables I remember eating that have a distinct bitter taste.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:55:31 pm by Virex »

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who on earth would put molasses on beans? Isn't molasses like quite sweet? I don't think that'd go well with beans (although tomato sauce and fried onions and peppers do go with beans even though they have a hint of sweetness over them)

Baked beans usually use molasses or something else sweet, I think.

I never used to like beans, but that's because baked beans were the only kind of beans I was exposed to (except very rarely) for a long time, and I can't really stand them. These days, though, I love beans in just about any other form.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Huh.

The only peppers I really know of is chilli and jalapeno.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

You mean you've never seen one of these before?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 04:03:56 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! I hate whipped cream.
I don't find it actively repulsive, but I don't find the flavor or texture enjoyable. People always put it on desserts that would be greatly improved by not having whipped cream on them. It offends me.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

But raw they're flavorless, bitter vegetables not intended to be eaten whole.

Green capsicum, I'm with you all the way. Red or apparently Yellow, sweet and juicy.

Cooked, however, it just gets slimy and ugh.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7