Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The 'Foods that people should like, but you specifically don't like.' Thread.  (Read 5328 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Because everyone doesn't like a food.

Mine is Eggs. I don't like eggs, boiled, scrambled, or in quiche.

Does anyone else have food that they don't like, but society does?
It might just be something that you don't mind, but you don't eat because that'd break the habit.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any sort of unpulverized fruit and onions

Friggen onions.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to dislike eggs, probably because I never ate them as a kid. They have a pretty distinct taste and texture, so I think they must be an acquired taste. I've been getting used to them, though.

I can't eat bread stuffing. At all. I had a weird experience with them when I was young, so now they just smell like and remind me of vomit.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I used to dislike eggs, probably because I never ate them as a kid. They have a pretty distinct taste and texture, so I think they must be an acquired taste. I've been getting used to them, though.

I can't eat bread stuffing. At all. I had a weird experience with them when I was young, so now they just smell like and remind me of vomit.

This experience must now be recounted. You know the rules.

Mine's probably fungi. That's not a texture, that's a terror!
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, mushrooms, cucumber, pickles, onions, chilli, curry, beetroot, salad dressing of any kind, unprocessed peas, garlic, mayonaisse, broccoli and cauliflower can all make me vomit, most of them from just smelling them.
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Australian: I hate vegimite. Honestly, it is without question the worst food stuff I have ever seen.

I used to also hate tomatos and a lot of other fruits and vegis, but then when I started to learn to cook food started to taste better, and now I'm more of a fan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Tomatoes, don't know why, one day i just stopped eating them.Also squids, i really don't like my meat to be chewy like bubblegum nor do i like those small tentacle thingies stuck between my teeth, i'm fine with octopus salad tho :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Lettuce. I can't stand the stuff. Even a small piece of a leaf of it in any food item utterly overpowers everything else in it and makes me nauseous. I was convinced that I was allergic to it when I was younger, for how completely inedible I found it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

I'll eat pretty much anything you put in front of me apart from sweet corn. I've no idea why but I find them gut wrenching and they equal me throwing up every time I've had them.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This experience must now be recounted. You know the rules.

I was a kid, and there was Stove-Top Stuffing (that brand of pre-made bread stuffing or whatever) involved. I didn't like it, but my parents pulled the old "clean your plate" routine on me. Being an extremely stubborn person, this didn't work out for anyone involved. Whether it's because I really didn't like it, or because I was being an overemotional brat, I proceeded to vomit it up. Even now, I don't even like smelling the stuff.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I'll eat pretty much anything you put in front of me apart from sweet corn.
That sounds like a realy fun bet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll eat pretty much anything you put in front of me apart from sweet corn.

Don't tempt fate
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

Lambs eyes, sharks brain, the tiniest sliver of a polar bears liver, puffer fish. Anything edable, I'll try once at least.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Lambs eyes, sharks brain, the tiniest sliver of a polar bears liver, puffer fish. Anything edable, I'll try once at least.
The 'exotic' factor in foods will go so far, but for others, we have a back up plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

The 'exotic' factor in foods will go so far, but for others, we have a back up plan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm going to die anyway, might as well get half-way through it and die trying XD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7