Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The 'Foods that people should like, but you specifically don't like.' Thread.  (Read 5336 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lambs eyes, sharks brain, the tiniest sliver of a polar bears liver, puffer fish. Anything edable, I'll try once at least.

Everything from this article.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Lambs eyes, sharks brain, the tiniest sliver of a polar bears liver, puffer fish. Anything edable, I'll try once at least.
Shrimp teeth, Mussel stew, Cow's tongue? I'll try a few!
Bull's balls, Goat's milk, Rum and curry? Smooth as silk.
Just don't make me eat sweet corn.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

Shrimp teeth, Mussel stew, Cow's tongue? I'll try a few!
Bull's balls, Goat's milk, Rum and curry? Smooth as silk.
Just don't make me eat sweet corn.

*high-fives*

@G-flex: College is filtering website atm, I'll look at it later.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Noah's ark burger looks appetizing.
Childhood obesity just clapped it's darling little fat hands.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With puffer fish, it will be just once. Seeing as how they're lethally toxic unless prepared just right, and even then they're still dangerous.

I can't stand any aquatic animal. They all have this same... fish, taste. Including things that aren't fish, like shrimp, lobsters, etc. I can tolerate small amounts of lobster and the like before I start getting nauseous, but any other aquatic animal leaves me wanting to retch.

I also don't particularly like anything with most vegetables, though some things I can still choke down.

Liver or tongue. Not because they taste bad, or because the concept grosses me out (neither of which are true), but because they're bland, and possessed of a horrid grainy texture.

Venison, because it's dry and tasteless.

Most ham, because it's bland and has an unnerving texture, in the same vein as liver or tongue.

Most steak, because thick veins of chewy fat and chunks of bone don't belong in prepared food, and having to sit and cut off a third of the meat on the plate because its inedible is obnoxious as hell. In the case of steaks that lack the above, there's no problem.

Ketchup, because vaguely tomato flavored corn syrup is a crime against civilization.

Mild hot sauces, because hot sauce should leave your whole face burning.

If we extend the category of "food" to cover drinks:

Wine. Because booze should not taste like rotting fruit doused in sugar.

Alcopops. Because booze should not taste like a used energy drink enema.

Pale beers. Because booze should not taste like watered down bread.

Flavored liquor. Because liquor should not taste like nyquil.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alcopops. Because booze should not taste like a used energy drink enema.
Alcohol is there for the purpose, not for the taste.
However, some people need to get past the taste, to get to the purpose.

I'm fine with good beer, though, myself. Or spirits if I'm mostly pursuing the purpose.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

That reminds me. Beer. No realy, hate the stuff with a pashion. So bitter and yucky. I drink cider myself.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we're extending the topic to drinks then i'd like include soft drinks, those F***ing horrid excuses for a beverage.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I thought the topic was 'things your meant to like but don't. Nobody likes soft drink, do they? Do they? I know in my circle of freinds it's either water, alcoholic, milk, coffie/tea or meant to be made from a fruit. Softdrinks are those things that give you diabietes.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

I drink and eat anything, and usually like it. Any fruit, meat, cheese, beer, brandy, ...
There isn't anything that is supposed to be good that I don't like. (No bets or anything, I'm talking food).
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the topic was 'things your meant to like but don't. Nobody likes soft drink, do they? Do they? I know in my circle of freinds it's either water, alcoholic, milk, coffie/tea or meant to be made from a fruit. Softdrinks are those things that give you diabietes.

they had to ban it in one of my previous schools due to the fact everyone just threw the cans on the ground or left them in the place they put it
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alcohol offends me on a deep, personal level. And I don't mean the smell/taste, though I hate that too.

Also I dislike peas, mostly out of sheer force of habit. I know I don't mind the taste, but I still don't like eating them...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like soft drink. Along with everyone else I know my age. So yes, it works.

But yeah, it's mostly things that people should like, but you don't.
Mainly to keep the focus off broccoli, brussel sprouts, all those things with the bad press.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That reminds me. Beer. No realy, hate the stuff with a pashion. So bitter and yucky. I drink cider myself.
Bitter? I prefer dark beers (there are, however, beers that are too dark), and even those are mild compared to the coffee I drink. Pale beers can't be called "bitter" by any stretch of the imagination. Try a (good) belgian style lager sometime. La Maudite is extremely smooth and mild, but expensive as fuck all (and not to my tastes, since I prefer something like Spaten Optimator (which has really spoiled my taste in beer) or Black Toad). Miller High Life tastes like cheerios. No shit, fucking cheerios. I also had a chinese beer a while back; I got a box of ten assorted "beers of the world" for Christmas, one of them was chinese, "Tsingtao" or somesuch, I believe. That was also really mild, but I believe it was around 7-8%, judging by how it hit.

Some make a decent caffeine delivery system, when coffee is unwieldy for the circumstances.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

Let's see, for me it's cucumber and melons (if I wanted solidified water I'd have asked for an ice cube, thank you), asparagus (no clue why) and most kinds of cow cheese (any cheese that has been melted is exempted and I'm pretty fond of goats cheese)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7