Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fort #3, Yet More Fun, or what's up with the traders this time?  (Read 757 times)

Voyager

• Bay Watcher
  • Maybe it's supposed to be on fire.
    • View Profile
Fort #3, Yet More Fun, or what's up with the traders this time?
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »

Ok, so this is going to be fun.  The traders are leaving, and they've left all the stuff behind in my Depot.  It's Elves, so it could be worse, but what just happened?

My initial guess is that it has something to do with mass forbidding the depot.  I was going through my inventory list to clean up forbidden items that shouldn't be when the Traders were in the depot, and I accidentally unforbid some trader items, so I did a mass forbid over the depot.  Either that or it has something to do with the active Goblin ambush, but the last batch of traders during an ambush functioned normally.

Any thoughts?

Harry Voyager

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Fort #3, Yet More Fun, or what's up with the traders this time?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

You forbade all their stuff, so they left it when they left. Enjoy your wooden crafts.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 05:45:45 am »

You forbade all their stuff, so they left it when they left. Enjoy your wooden crafts.

And armor.  Does that even have any protection?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:26:59 am »

I don't think you can ever wear wooden armor.

Fun fact, if you unbuild a depot while it's in use, the traders leave empty-handed.

Jurph

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Belt-fed Weaponry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:00 am »

Why doesn't burning wooden armor or wooden crafts yield coal/coke ... or at the very least, ash?  Pig tail and rope reed should produce ash when burned as well.
Dreambrother has my original hammer-shaped Great Hall.  Towerweak has taken the idea to the next level.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:11 am »

Why can't we burn things on demand?  I want to designate fire!  The elves come to trade with me, and are appalled as I bring forth dozens-HUNDREDS of wooden shields, mugs, training weapons, and entire bins full of small wooden toys.  They are not brought to the depot, however, as they are placed directly beside the depot.  Another bin arrives, this one safely made of tin, and is placed on the depot.

The bins catch fire, hundreds of wooden objects burning bright and hot around the depot.  The trader opens the bin, and reveals a set of masterfully crafted elf bone gauntlets.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 09:39:58 am »

If you forbid the Trade Depot building material (such as the 3 stones used to build it), traders assume said Trade Depot does not exist. When left without any Trade Depot for long enough, I guess they decide to leave, forgetting they unloaded all their goods already, in that unexistant Depot.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:29 am »

Why can't we burn things on demand?

A light and delicate touch of magma may do just that.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]