Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elemental: War of Magic  (Read 945 times)

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elemental: War of Magic
« on: January 25, 2011, 04:51:47 pm »

Seeing how many in here loves the old Master of Magic, i thought it wierd a search for its spirtual successor; Elemental: War of Magic, didnt give any hits besides the post that informed me of its existance, hence this thread.

I havent played it myself, but have had some great fun with MoM (thx you guys for introducing me) so my question is, does EWoM hold up? should i get it? How does it compare to MoM?

I know i could just "rent" it but my internet is seriously crappy so i thought i would run it by you guys first, before doing anything drastic, you have such good tastes too so it cant hurt :-D

If there is an EWoM post out there that i missed, please link me up and i will delete this redundant one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental: War of Magic
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:55:44 pm »

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:57:26 pm »

The "Stardock's upcoming fantasy TBS" thread

The Elemental "general" discussion thread

Probably others.

Edit: beaten. To add something for content: I loved Master of Magic. I did not love Elemental.

Edit 2: Re: the post below, no rage here! I wanted Elemental to be my personal game of the decade, just disappointed in how it turned out (at least at first, I'll give it another look at the end of 2011).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:40:32 pm by SeaBee »

vikingefar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:15 pm »

Thank you kind sirs, i thought it was mighty strange if there wasnt a post yet. and lo and behold, there was multiple :-P my search-fu could use some training i guess-

initiating thread self destruct sequence.

i cannot find the bloody delete button. just dont reply and let it go its coarse. sorry for any rage i may have induced.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:01:52 pm by vikingefar »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 11:48:08 am »

lock it
I got nothing