Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The ultimate loot!  (Read 1283 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The ultimate loot!
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:32:05 pm »

Obin: HEY KILL THAT BANDIT GUY OKAY?
Me: Kay.
-at the camp-
I look on the ground and whats there?

A LARGE FAINT YELLOW DIAMOND.
Woo

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate loot!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:25:24 am »

I hear those make pretty good improvised daggers.
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 11:55:32 pm »

I think on one of my adventures, I found a Night Creature lair with a blue diamond quern.  Too bad I could not take it with me.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 08:28:23 am »

Once I get full armour I usually just collect those because they weigh so little and drag them around in my backpack. It's a cool image imagining I'm carrying a ton of random assorted gems around hehe.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 08:39:31 am »

Reminds me of the chest of riches I carry around full of coins, gems, teeth, and assorted items of value like puzzleboxes and flutes, it hampers my movement by some 500-1000 but I throw it when combat begins...at the ememy, crushing them with it.  :P
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 09:43:43 am »

Reminds me of the chest of riches I carry around full of coins, gems, teeth, and assorted items of value like puzzleboxes and flutes, it hampers my movement by some 500-1000 but I throw it when combat begins...at the ememy, crushing them with it.  :P

Adventure mode in a sentence.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

If it is a good throwing wep, maybe it's a good bashing wep...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:49 pm »

Nah, the most its done is break somebody's leg, and its to slowing to use as a blunt weapon without getting killed, unless its a ! on the head.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »

Nah, the most its done is break somebody's leg, and its to slowing to use as a blunt weapon without getting killed, unless its a ! on the head.

The only thing to do now is add more stuff.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 04:12:26 pm »

I learned that the hard way when attempting the same with a backpack with 200lbs of sand. Didn't work well, got shot to death by archers in a way that seemed to be the game saying "You're an idiot"

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:21 pm »

I learned that the hard way when attempting the same with a backpack with 200lbs of sand. Didn't work well, got shot to death by archers in a way that seemed to be the game saying "You're an idiot"
You should have sold it and baught a weapon...sand is the lighter and most store menu friendly gold of the land, its how I got my riches; sand gets dropped and disclaimed when not in a bag, so you can pick it back up and resell it  8)

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 12:36:16 am »

I have twice accidentally stumbled upon kobold "towns" while traveling to quest locations. They consist of several levels of a cave, with random stolen trinkets strewn periodically throughout, more valuable as you get deeper. Eventually, you hit the caverns, where the motherload is.  If it's a fairly successful kobold civ, it'll be a literal heap of gems (and I once found a gem knife), covering an entire (accessible) cavern level like an uncomfortable, incredibly shiny carpet.  After that, several of my foes became very, very rich just before they became very, very dead.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?