Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Atom Zombie Smasher  (Read 8946 times)

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Atom Zombie Smasher
« on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:28 am »

Hello !

The game Atom Zombie Smasher has been released today by the guy who made flotilla (blendo Games)http://www.blendogames.com/atomzombiesmasher/.
It looks furiously like that tiny java game http://www.hardcorepawn.com/zombie3/ which I really like.

I have tried the demo, looks OK. Has anyone has had the chance to try the full version yet ? And looked at the modding possibilities ? If so, I'd be curious to know what you guys think of it...

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atom Zombie Smasher
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:18 am »

Just played through the demo.
Damn Blendo for a) always making awesome games, and b) for releasing this when I really must stop buying things. The demo is perfect, by demo standards - it's just enough to show you the game's potential without giving you enough to keep you occupied. The "buy now" button becomes increasingly tantalising.

Seems like a great game, it gives you the opportunity to put together some well-coordinated tactical feats. In the early stages it's very much a war of attrition - it's not so much about how you can cleanse this sector as it is about how much you can get done before it's overrun. So a bit like DF, really. Apparently later you get enough mercs to wipe the zombies out and take the sector back...

From what I've seen the squad-levelling system works well, as you boost your chopper's movement speed, or your artillery's reload rate, etc.; it seems petty as you shave seconds or half-seconds from the time it takes to move civilians out, but it can make a substantial difference.
I'm looking forward to getting into the full version.
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »

Oh man, this looks good. Had no idea this was even in development.

Downloading the demo now.

Fake edit: three player cooperative!? Damnit, I might have to buy this. There is not enough money, my fellow gamers, to buy all that I want to play. Orbital bombardment of zombies with full mod support ... *drool*

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:59 pm »

Hmm wont work on my computer.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:26 pm »

Great demo, only problem is i never pay for small games.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:24:44 pm »

Sadly it seems to have problems with some ATI drivers and I'm not going to rollback my drivers for a bloody demo

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »

Great demo, only problem is i never pay for small games.
Why not? Not meaning to start an argument, just curious why the size is the decider for you.
Sadly it seems to have problems with some ATI drivers and I'm not going to rollback my drivers for a bloody demo
Really hope he can fix that. ATI users aren't a small demographic.

I just bought a copy of the game since I have an Nvidia card and the demo ran smooth. I don't mind paying for fun indie games (I donated for Dwarf Fortress, after all), just wish I had more money to get all the ones I'd like to. And more time to play them. Buh buh.

I'll update this post or make a new one once I've gotten an hour or so into the full version. Looking forward to it.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 01:17:33 am »

tried the demo and...meh not my thing. It's kinda tower defense style game.
I got nothing

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 01:28:53 am »

i prefer to buy indie gamesunless it is  a must have..like world soccer mgr.  I buy the final compilations of big games...Platinum=fixed.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:12 am »

Well its fun, but it aint gonna give 100 hours of fun so even though price is very cheap probably, i dont wanna buy it.
Just a personal thing i guess, i think that 1 small thing will lead to multiple small buying so i'm wary of doing that :P

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 03:08:00 am »

Oh, yeah, it is really a matter of taste ! Actually, the game I probably spend the more time playing with is a very simple strategy game (slay!). So fun is not always in relation with depth in content.

I can see myself playing quiet a bit with AZM. But I do particularly love zombies infecting people.

Also, the back story behind is very intriguing and distilled in small pieces in an interresting way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:09:46 am by flap »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 03:25:45 am »

when is the zombie thing played out? now? maybe next year?
I got nothing

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 03:53:28 am »

Just played the demo, I had fun :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 04:34:23 am »

But again form what i can see and what i played, very very fun game but not worth 14 bucks to me
If it was like 5 bucks or so i would buy it.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 07:28:14 am »

when is the zombie thing played out? now? maybe next year?

I don't know. People have been wondering that since the mid 80's. Vampires are played out, that much is for sure.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: [1] 2