Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Dungeon Game  (Read 13909 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Game
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 01:41:50 pm »

Fortis:
Ah, yes, sorry.
The water in the depths of the old well are murky and dark. You can barely make it out, but there appears to be a corpse floating in the water. It's fairly recent, though still decayed. There seems to be a small passage, and you occasionally see dark figures blur across the water.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

Hmmm .... this is going good muffin cant wait until I can roleplay my skeleton guardian

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 01:50:43 pm »

Thank you.
I'll get you and Ultimuh in as soon as I can, while it still making sense with the story.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:16 pm »

i give fortis a torch  to see down in the well.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:43 pm »

Tokul wipes the blood from the arrowhead onto the back of his leather armor. He slides the arrow back into his quiver, as he analyzes the creature, attempting to identify what he can from the body.

<Analyze corpse>

He shuffles through the equipment on the body, looking for any special items or items that can be used.

<Pilfer corpse>

Tokul looks towards the cave where the guard came from, hoping they won't come looking for him so soon. Using his quick mind, he grabs some of the smaller bones and scatters them without noise at the turn of the tunnel. He hopes that if anything comes to investigate, they might crush or snap the bones, alarming him of their presence.

Tokul shoulders his bow as he kneels down back near the corpse. He quietly tears a large portion of cloth from the dead creature's pants and ties a tourniquet around the corpse's arrow wound. He sits the body up and hefts it over his right shoulder. He quickly heads towards the exit, hoping to find his companions.

<Retreat with corpse to companions>

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 02:08:47 pm »

Oh, I made that class up so here is a bio

Skeleton Guardian:

They were mortals once who had made a pact with the necromancers. This pact was an evil that surpassed any every done on that earth. The men who agreeed lost there bodies and were put into skeletons. The contract stated In exchange for the protection of the Necromancers when you lose your current body you will gain immortaility and become whatever you wish. What the guardians did not know was that the Necromancers had tricked them and the signed a diffrent one which stated that they would guard the Necromancers for all eternity and could do them no harm.

(( That help ))

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »

“Ah, my thanks Nogan. There is definitely a body down there.” Amonsu said, borrowing a rope from one of his companions and tying it to one of his webs. He tried to use that to fish the body out of the well. “It also seems like there’s something alive down there, I can see something moving. I can’t be certain, but there might also be a passage down there.”

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 02:40:30 pm »

Scout further along the cave, flying close to the ceiling and preferably out of sight.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:02 pm »

So a humanoid of indeterminate shape. Ok.
Draco:
The corpse is covered in black, matted fur. The iron armor is held together by leather straps. It's snout is furless, with whiskers. It's long ears are flat against it's head. It's machete is made of crude and rusty iron, while the shield is made out of slightly rusting dwarven steel.
It's wearing a talisman, a necklace of teeth, an iron set of crude plate (semi-thick sheets of iron, held together by straps, no side plates, small back plate, no helmet, boots, or gauntlets), a rusty iron machete, and a rusting steel shield
While placing the bones around, you hear that the noise inside the barracks like room has ceased, and the shadows that you saw earlier are gone.
You head back to the camp with the corpse, and tell the others of your experience.
You tell the group that something may be happening soon, and head back to the other cave, and move deeper in.
The room is obviously a barracks, though it doesn't look like it was carved out by dwarves. Wooden bunks run from the floor to the ceiling. There are multiple tables, and a small bar. On the tables there are playing cards, and beer mugs. On the bar there are various kegs. There is a small fire behind the bar, lighting the room. The room is completely deserted. There is another passageway that leads to the left.
Thanks, I worked hard on them.
Fortis:
You fish the body up, and see that it was once human. It is crawling in water dwelling bugs. It has three crude iron bolts sticking out of it's chest.
Frelock:
You fly into the next room, hugging the ceiling. The room is barely lit, but you can see everything with little trouble. The room is about 15 feet high, and 25 feet long. The room is a little less cave like compared to what you've seen so far. There are thin slots in the walls.

I'll write the next turn at 6:30 EST, so in about three hours.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2011, 02:50:08 pm »

Investigate the slots.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »

Frelock:
You peer into one of the slots, but it is too dark and too thin for you to see what's inside.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2011, 02:55:11 pm »

kobolds, i hate kobolds did you ever have kobold problems old dwarf?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2011, 02:58:02 pm »

Ahra:
"Aye, I've had problems with kobolds before. But this," He looks at the corpse Tokul left behind,  "This is no kobold I've ever seen. This is more like the ratmen. They're smaller, but twice as smart, and thrice as cunning."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:32 pm »

Amonsu pulled one of the bolts from the human corpse, and turned it over in his hands. He looked to the old dwarf. “Are these bolts dwarf make?”

Edit: Didn't realize Frelock had gone on when I wrote this.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:04:46 pm by Fortis »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25