Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Dungeon Game  (Read 13898 times)

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Game
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »

Username: Adwarf
Name: Aslong
Class Archtype: Skeleton Guardian ( Protects the necromancers )
Color: ( Any but I would like purple if avaliable )
Race: Skeleton ( Please )

I join ( or if need be waiting list )
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:18:24 pm by adwarf »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 04:16:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 04:38:59 pm »

Request to borrow the shield and halberd.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 04:40:57 pm »

Adwarf, I'll put you in sometime close to when I put Ultimuh in, is that ok?
Also, the picture turned out surprisingly well. Now all I have to do is write it.
Strife:
You take the halberd and shield from the wagon, and the dwarf doesn't seem to care.
Ahra:
You take the morningstar from of the wagon, and immediately you feel the thrum of power inside of it. You should probably get someone to identify it for you.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:42:53 pm by NewsMuffin »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2011, 04:42:53 pm »

Ya that fine

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2011, 06:12:57 pm »

The group moves farther into the cave, all with torches lit, and weapons drawn. The main group finds the skeleton of a large creature, and the skeletons of several smaller creatures. The old dwarf looks at the smaller sets of bones and sighs sadly.
"Aye, I remember this battle. A troll, it was. Ber bless the brave dwarves."
There appears to be a well next to the corpses, though the wood has completely rotted away. The water in the bottom looks stagnant and disease infested.
The Dragonborn ranger stealthily crept deeper into the smaller cave. It appears to be a whole lot darker than the other cave. However, the ranger can see a light in the distance. Closer to him are the scattered bones of a few small creatures.

Spoiler: DracoGriffin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Strife26 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ahra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fortis (click to show/hide)

Also, lemon10, it would help if you could be a bit more active, but if you can't it's perfectly fine with me.
However, when we fight stuff, you'll have to be here.
Also also, you'll see I added (w) before some of your equipment. That merely shows what weapon you're wielding. Also, as a heads up, all armor that you have is automatically equiped, so I didn't feel the need to put (w) next to them. However, you can only have two sets of armor on at any given time. Anything else will be put in the wagon.
Also also also, all weapons that you pick up will have their stats obscured, to show that you aren't familiar with the weapon. To know the exact stats of the weapon, you have to either identify it, or use it for a while.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:08:57 pm by NewsMuffin »

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »

Tokul kneels down carefully near the pile of bones, ensuring not to snap any or cause noise and possibly arousing anything nearby. He examines each one, hoping to identify cause of death and extent of decay.

<Examine bone pile>

(ooc: Can you specify if there teeth marks or how long it's been sitting there or maybe even... defecated out *shudder*? Maybe even detect the size of the attacker; small bites, large bite, bones broken/smashed in two, etc)

He places the bones back carefully, sneaking over to the closest wall. Tokul peers around the corner, attempting to identify the light source and what it might reveal.

<Sneak further into cave, attempt to identify light source without breaking concealment>

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:33 pm »

((a few questions. When I raise a corpse, how long does it last, and how much control do I have over it. Also, does it require a fresh corpse, or will a skeleton do?))

((Also, do remember Amonsu picked up some extra healing potions.))

“Indeed. Taking down a troll is no easy feat. If nothing else, Dwarves are formidable opponents.” Amonsu said, looking over the site of the battle. “And they do make finding a supply of bodies easier for my trade. Don’t worry, I don’t intend to use dwarf bones.” The drider added, nudging one of the troll’s thick femurs with a spidery leg. He considered taking the troll skeleton with him, as it would make a powerful servant. But it also seemed that it would be too heavy. “Tell me more about this battle. Did the dwarves win, or are there more trolls lurking about?”

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 07:08:38 pm »

Draco:
You look at the bones for a moment. Many of them are snapped into at least two pieces, and many of them look like they were gnawed on by small creatures. Some of them still have tiny scraps of decaying flesh. The bones closer to the light are slightly more recent, while the ones closer to the exit are older.
You peer into the dark. You can't really see much more, but you do hear something like voices.
Fortis:
The reanimated corpses last as long as they have HP. They don't have much at your current stage, but that changes. The quality of the corpse determines it's potency. The troll skeleton would still be very powerful in combat, but not nearly as good as a fresh one.
Ah, I knew I forgot something.
"Tis but the opening stage. The dwarves killed many a goblin in this very area, before they pushed them back outside. There was a bridge," The old dwarf points to the cave entrance, "there, but this troll knocked it down after being pelted by bolts. Three of my good friends died here. Goods lad they were." After a moment, he adds, "Aye, I'll let ye use the troll, if ye promise to pick up any dwarves on the way, so we can give them a proper burial once we leave."

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2011, 07:27:58 pm »

(ooc: Peer into the dark? There was a light source ahead, right? Hmm...)

Tokul attempts to listen to the voices, trying to discern whether animal or people.

<Listen and identify voices>

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »

"I suppose I can do that, though I wager you'd be willing enough to be rid of the troll anyway." Amonsu said with a shrug. He scuttled over to the troll skeleton, and made a small cut on is hand using a tiny, intricate ceremonial blade that was useless for combat. Letting his blood flow, he coated the troll's skull in it, chanting an arcane language as written in his spell book. Within the red stained skull's eye sockets, purple lights appeared. The massive skeleton knit itself together, and eventually stood. Amonsu grinned as he bandaged his bleeding hand with silk. "Good, good. He will be useful. First, bring me each dwarf skeleton in this room." The drider commanded, thinking it a rather delicious irony to command the troll to help attend to the proper respects and burials of the dwarves. As each skeleton was brought to him, Amonsu bundled them up in a small silk cocoon and laid them on the wagon.

((Reanimate corpse spell cast. -1 hp.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:42:34 pm by Fortis »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2011, 08:19:49 pm »

Pray to my deity to restore Fortis's health.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 11:33:22 am »

Draco:
Yeah, peer into the dark, I said the light was in the distance.
You listen to the voices, and you can almost identify the speaker's race. They're high pitched and squeaky, filled with venom and hate. You get closer, and you an almost make out the words. Something about 'the time,' and how someone 'must be ready, quick-quick.'
Frelock:
You pray for a good five minutes, and the cut on Amonsu's hand seals up.
Fortis:
The troll skeleton seems to struggle while performing it's tasks. You analyze it to see if it'll hold up.
Troll Skeleton:
HP: 6
St: 10
Ag: 3
In: 1
Ch:0

Club (2+1d6 dmg, 1 in 10 change to knock unconscious)
Bite (1d6 dmg)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:36:14 am by NewsMuffin »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 11:37:15 am »

i ask ALL of our casters paly mege nercro all of them if the can figure out whats on the morningstar
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25