Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Dungeon Game  (Read 13883 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Game
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 08:47:20 pm »

((Mind giving me a rundown on what all the abbreviations mean?))

"Huh. This may be useful," Amonsu said, poking at one of the skeletons hung in a macabre display. "Really, even dwarves make more use of bones than this." Taking a moment to weave a web out of silk (one of the non sticky types of silk), Amonsu gathered up one of the skeletons and stored it in the web like a net. He slung this onto his spidery back, on the off chance that he would want to summon a skeleton later.

With the bones neatly packed away, he turned his attention to the caves. He didn't see any particular reason to bring the wagon in, nor any reason to favor one path over another. "Hmm. I'll leave the tracking to the ranger, but my vote would be for whichever has the most skeletons I can use."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:07:15 pm by Fortis »

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 08:52:06 pm »

<Examine both entrances, attempting to discern tracks, smells and depth/length of each cave>

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:15 pm »

Get rope and torches from the wagon.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »

Yeah, sure.
HP is health, which may be obvious. You can 'die' twice before you have to be revived.
St is strength, and it's added to the damage of an attack, except for ranged ones. It's also used to lift things, like doors.
Ag is agility, and it's used to help you hit things, as well as dodge. It's also used for jumping and stuff like that.
In is intelligence, and it helps with magic and things like that.
Ch is charisma, and it helps you buy stuff for less prices.
Fp is faithpoints, EDIT: which you can use to automatically pass a roll you don't want to take. You can replenish your Fp by consuming special potions that are very hard to find, or, if you don't have the money, you regain one at the end of every month, to your maximum. Don't over use these, because if you reach 0 (unless you don't have any to begin with), bad things happen. Also, if you have over 10, different bad things happen.
Most rolls will be d20, even though I rolled d10 for your stats.
You can take the wagon with you, if you can convince the old dwarf. It means that you'll have pretty much unlimited food, and around 50 extra health potions, and some other common cave exploring and adventuring gear. However, if you take it with you, you can't leave it somewhere for more than two turns, or it'll leave.
If you think I'm helping you too much, heh heh, you just wait.

Draco:
You head into the entrance right in front of the group, and examine the floor. You can make out something that you think were left by goblins, albeit a very long time ago, and some more recent human and human like ones. You guess at around two weeks. The cave smells just like you thought a cave would with a slight hint of decay. This entrance seems to stretch for a very long way.
You then head into the other, smaller entrance, and the differences immediately hits you. There is a strong, almost fungal, smell, and the tracks of the ground are large, with drag marks behind them. The cave appears to curve away from the other entrance at around 20 meters in.
You head back to the wagon.

Strife:
You take around 50 feet of rope from the wagon, and ten sticks of wood that could be used as clubs, or torches, or both.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:33:41 pm by NewsMuffin »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:25 pm »

Given that Amonsu will be using his health rather than faith points to cast spells, he takes some extra health potions from the wagon.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »

Frey will try to convince the dwarf to allow us to take the wagon, with the promise of repayment when we get back.

Also, we can re-roll one stat, right?  I'd like to re-roll my FP, considering that that's all I'll have going for me.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 10:39:56 pm »

Sure.
Also, I changed the way Fps work. Don't worry, though. The bad things won't occur for a while.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 10:49:43 pm »

Frelock:
You start up a conversation with the old dwarf. He says his name is Kogsak Urisson. You ask him to take the wagon with the group, and he looks you in the eye for a good five seconds, before laughing a hearty laugh. once he was finished, he replied, "Aye, I long for the sight of me home. I'll go with ye, if ye keep me wagon safe from harm... and if ye give me a cut of the treasure. Ye'll be needing me wagon to carry it all back, and I got me own debts I need to pay."

Fortis:
You take 4 Health Potions out of a large wooden chest.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:51:27 pm by NewsMuffin »

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 10:59:03 pm »

If I choose to reroll HP, would I have to go with the new value even if it's lower?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 11:01:03 pm »

If it's unfair, no. Like, if I roll a one, I'll laugh, and reroll again.
But if it's one lower, you'll keep that.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 11:07:38 pm »

I'll take the chance. Reroll the HP please.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 11:12:34 pm »

Alright.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 11:14:22 pm »

Sweetness. Thanks.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 11:19:25 pm »

If its not too late to join:

Username: Ultimuh
Name: Bluenose (because of the unusual blue nose he has?)
Class Archtype: Monk/Grappler/Wrestler/Martial Artist/Whatever name you have for this kind of class.
(and because of race; he only uses his natural weapons (claws, fange, even his tail to trip someone. :P ))
Color: Orange
Race: Tigerman
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:26:06 pm by Ultimuh »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »

No problem.
I'll finish the next turn when you guys decide to go inside the cave. I can start up doing immediate actions like I've been doing at around 3:00 Eastern Standard Time.

Ultimuh:
It is a little late, and I can't put you in right at this moment, but keep watching the thread, as I may be able to put you in sometime soon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25