Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Uh oh- unexpected consequences of Forgotten beast attack  (Read 661 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Uh oh- unexpected consequences of Forgotten beast attack
« on: January 23, 2011, 11:55:07 am »

A fire forgotten beast has  nested in the underground lake that supplies my fortress with water and it's steaming it all away.

(luckily I have another water source, this one was just a backup while I finished my very complex sewers. Still...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uh oh- unexpected consequences of Forgotten beast attack
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »

A fire FB can steam away a whole underground lake? :o

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:47:38 pm »

I once encountered a bear made of fire, Cassicota, and yes, it can steam away a lot of thing. I dropped him in a freaking lake and he survived... And destroyed my main water ressource

Cassicotca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »

I once encountered a bear made of fire, Cassicota, and yes, it can steam away a lot of thing. I dropped him in a freaking lake and he survived... And destroyed my main water ressource
Nice. I usually only have organic beasts with maybe a firebreath ability. On a somewhat related note how would one go about baiting a FB to attack? I have a blind firebreathing crocodile in my cavern near my 40z pump stack and would really like to get rid of it. It swims around in the water and i cant reach it.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »

You would have to either use something to bait it out of the lake, for example a noble, or build a rather complex cave in trap. I say the first one, since you have more of a chance of getting rid of an annoying noble.
Blargh.