Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story-generator generated game.  (Read 1505 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Story-generator generated game.
« on: January 22, 2011, 09:50:27 pm »

Explanation post.

Basically, I wanted to run a forum game but I was terribly unsure of what I wanted to do. I considered another Zombie Apoc, but didn't want the responsibility. Some practice GMing will do me good, I think.

Consider this to be a somewhat rp heavy choose your own adventure story with multiple characters. My part in designing the story is going to be based upon the results of using the TV Tropes Story Generator. When the game starts to drag, I'll reroll it, finding good in universe reasoning for the story to shift should be an interesting exercise. Of course, except for the starting setting, I'm not going to be sharing any of the tropes openly. 

Characters can be of any stripe you wish, general hero adventure types are find, as are more esoteric characters. Just give me a character name, a backstory (if you want), plot hooks, (if you'd like them included in the macroplot), and a description of their skills.
I'll give you the option of choosing your starting position, but I'm also willing to put your character somewhere if you don't want to pick one yourself.

Starting setting: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardRoyalCourt

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Story-generator generated game.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:34 am »

seems interesting. i am without a steady supply of internets till the end of the month so i'm not signing up, but i'm subscribing for updates

that said, do you think you could add a character mid action, later?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:29:08 am »

Of course.

Provided we get some character to start off with, of course . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:40 am »

then i think i'll take a prince with a negligible claim to the throne, that joined the clergy and was ordained priest, but is also a military commander and is currently in campaign somewhere away from the main action.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 05:05:58 pm »

Sure ill join, ill be the son of the kings military advisor. So I know combat and other rich boy stuff
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket