Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: schools  (Read 1677 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: schools
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 12:18:27 pm »

They'll try, but if they're blocked off from it...

Expand the emergency burrow to include the child burrow.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »

They'll try, but if they're blocked off from it...

Expand the emergency burrow to include the child burrow.
I meant to make an emergency burrow and assigning all of the children to it so they run there... then shutting them in to starve to death learn.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 02:25:14 pm »

I meant to make an emergency burrow and assigning all of the children to it so they run there... then shutting them in to starve to death learn.
Burrows don't work that way.  When you assign a dwarf to an emergency burrow, it does not force that dwarf to run to the burrow and stay there.  No, not even if it's an emergency alert burrow.  Burrows merely prevent dwarves from using any objects or buildings outside the burrow.

The children will only run to the burrow if they have a reason to be in the burrow, which they don't since children don't do most jobs and spend most of their time following their mother around.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:26 pm »

Huh, I admit I haven't used burrows much but I thought a burrow set as the emergency alert area would make all civilians run there and stay put.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »

Adult dwarves will run to a burrow on a general alert (I just sent a bunch down to stand in a drained cavern, lol). Not sure about children, but if they do then one way to separate them would be to draft everybody and then set a civilian alert for the schooling burrow. Presumably the burrows system is meant to replace the old 'all dwarves inside' order, so everybody outside, say, a 'fortress' burrow should head for safety when the alert is active.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 02:59:04 pm »

Adult dwarves will run to a burrow on a general alert (I just sent a bunch down to stand in a drained cavern, lol). Not sure about children, but if they do then one way to separate them would be to draft everybody and then set a civilian alert for the schooling burrow. Presumably the burrows system is meant to replace the old 'all dwarves inside' order, so everybody outside, say, a 'fortress' burrow should head for safety when the alert is active.
That was my point and my hope, yes.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 04:56:43 pm »

Got any kids you can test the idea on?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]