Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)  (Read 35820 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »

I'd like a turn in this, Probably as one of the middle-eastern countries or Algeria
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 03:44:43 pm »

Hindustan.... is now Buddhist. Huh.

Good to hear Ming's collapsing, though. Forge yourself an asian empire!

I know. Hindustan is Buddhist. :p

See, I liked how the cascading alliance system worked this game. It gave me a massive challenge JUST as I rose to the zenith of power after smushing a bunch of useless squabbling minors. If that happened with cascading alliances all the time, I'd love it.

Unfortunately, Hindustan (whilst it was still Hindu) crushed my navy and I haven't had a chance to build it up again. :(

I'd like a turn in this, Probably as one of the middle-eastern countries or Algeria

A united Middle-East sounds epic. Usually nothing happens there except single province changes. Can I recommend the Mamluks for extra awesome?

And is 1550-1579 alright with you or do you want a later date?

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »

I'm done. That was wild. :D

Spoiler: AAR (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Points of Interest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Save (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also, signed myself up for the slot after warhammer, if no one minds. Not sure what to play, yet. Let's see what the world ends up looking like.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:59:31 pm by Farseer »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 07:26:18 pm »

Came across This the other day, a fun AAR as a the One province mallet mullet muppet map Whatever the "M" in OPM stands for.

It also has some interesting examples of exploiting the game mechanics, Like Machiavelli meets EUIII.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:16 pm »

I knew I should have vassalized Tunisia while I had the chance. Poor Morocco, I knew thee not well enough.

I was going to go and write up a more through and humorous AAR, with a slightly insane series of kings, but I'm unlikely to get around to it. I already wrote up what happened in the rest of the world. Here's the highlights of what I did:

Spoiler: Mini-AAR (click to show/hide)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 03:57:31 am »

Do you want another slot, Nirur?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 06:36:03 am »

I'd like to see if those three red blobs in southern France on the map are Burgundy's, but the save link isn't working - just takes me to the home page of google docs.

Good job with Khmer, and wow, Ming just fell apart. Let's hope AI Khmer takes on the Imperial Remnant (aka, what's left of Ming) next. And Scandinavia looks like it's all kinds of messed up right now.

EDIT: Or well, you need a google docs account to access the save, which I apparently had anyhow. Still, maybe use something else next?

Jesus christ, Europe is so fucked up. Denmark controlling Ireland? Scotland... existing again? I apparently have lost some of my vassals, but gained two provinces in France, which is always nice.

EDIT 2: Denmark at war with 15 different countries? AI Burgundy still has giant-ass armies while at peace (170 gold and deficits...).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:55:41 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »

Sorry guys, gonna have to give my turn up. the External HDD that holds EU3 fried, and I Wont have my data back for about a week. Unfortunatly this means no EU3 at all for me for awile :(. I would still like a turn later on, but for now, whoever's next is up. May I reccomend Hungary, I was having an interesting time with a heresey outbreak.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 08:24:07 pm »

Do you want another slot, Nirur?
Thanks, but I'll pass for now. I'll have my attention divided, and would probably take another week long turn with a too-small AAR.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2011, 02:10:55 am »

Sorry guys, gonna have to give my turn up. the External HDD that holds EU3 fried, and I Wont have my data back for about a week. Unfortunatly this means no EU3 at all for me for awile :(. I would still like a turn later on, but for now, whoever's next is up. May I reccomend Hungary, I was having an interesting time with a heresey outbreak.

Well, huh, I can't play atm either. So I guess it's warhammer's turn now. (Just kick me one place down on the list, I should be able to play again in a few days.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2011, 09:37:37 am »

Downloading the save now

Think I'll go with the Haasa(got omnomnomed by the ottomans) Najad, since they actually have an income

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:14:29 am by warhammer651 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2011, 10:01:09 am »

The Hansa are a rich trade nation, though. I've often seen them take over Denmark.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2011, 10:07:03 am »

The Hansa are a rich trade nation, though. I've often seen them take over Denmark.
No, Haasa. The poor as crap Suni OPM in the middle East. Who, for some reason, got Quest for the new world despite not having any colonists.

Any way I can get more of those by any chance? if only because the arabic states of america sound awesme?

Scratch all that, the Ottomans decided they wanted my stuff. Lets see what happens if I ply as a slightly larger nation
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:12:34 am by warhammer651 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:03 am »

Oh. >_>

There's also a country called Hausa, for extra confusion!

You should be getting colonists with QFTNW, unless you have penalties to it somehow. Check the amount of colonists you get yearly. But colonies are pretty expensive, mang. Change that National Idea to something else and expand first.

Oh, alright then. Playing with minors in DW is pretty much suicide anyhow.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2011, 10:16:47 am »

Okay, I only have three provinces, but I also actually have an income! and spies!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7