Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)  (Read 35806 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 07:32:35 pm »

Oh, my beautiful Khmer, what have they done to you? :(

Digital, you're up. :p

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 07:40:06 pm »

Is it a bad thing the AI did a better job than me as Burgundy?

The AI is likely just building upon the firm foundation that you created.  Thus, it is in fact not doing a better job, but rather expanding upon your success.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 08:52:48 am »

AI Burgundy has gained a province below Brittany, but those two blobs in southern france are now independent. Well, you can't win every time.

I actually have to reinstall EU3+DW before I can continue, but it shouldn't take that long.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:00:21 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:32 pm »

I'm starting now. It seems warhammer played one year too little (I'm starting at january 1519), but oh well, more play-time for me!

EDIT: I might actually play something else than Burgundy, if nobody minds. Maybe something in asia.

EDIT 2: Due to the lack of surviving asian medium powers, I took the Hansa in Europe. This might end up being too easy though, they're pretty strong atm.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:32:54 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2011, 09:39:07 am »

I have no trouble with you playing the Hansa. :p

Make a trading league the world will fear!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2011, 10:02:18 am »

As I recall it, everyone was breaking trade pacts with the hansa during my turn
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 10:44:17 am »

Yeah. >_>

Everybody hates me right now, so I'm burning infamy. You get a free CB if someone breaks the pact though. Lübeck's value has fallen sharply due to bullshit wars my allies keep starting, but it's still the richest in the game (from 1400 to barely 1000 :/).

Spain formed earlier, and France just declared war on it. Just now, however, Naples declared war on France, bringing in England, Burgundy and what's left of Portugal. Will this be the end of Le Blob?

(I doubt it.)

EDIT: Also, I noticed something interesting; the Ottomans have over 100k troops, followed closely by France, Hindustan and Spain. I mean, what the hell?

EDIT 2: And just now, Milan and Austria declared war on France as well. Austria is another superpower, and Milan ain't too shabby either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:48:27 am by Digital Hellhound »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:10 am »

I think, Digital, they have that many troops because, at the moment, countries NEVER disband their armies.

Also, Hindustan is rich as hell. :| Seriously. If they westernise, the world is fucked.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 11:08:33 am »

Yeah, that makes sense.

And the wars against France died out, but with one victory for the brave attackers! Naples gained Romagna and forced France to release Navarra and Baden, which IMO is pretty damn good.

Everybody is fighting the Ottomans now instead. :P

EDIT: And oh god, Brandenburg is my bitch. The same thing keeps happening; Smolensk DoW's Ukraine, who calls in me; I become war leader and call in my allies and vassals. Brandenburg is an ally of Smolensk, so I go to war with them. I quickly take all their territory, then force them back into my trade league, to give up cores, to annul treaties and to pay moneys, and all that. I can't take provinces or vassalize because I'm burning away infamy, but this is even more fun.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:40:04 am by Digital Hellhound »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 01:57:06 pm »

Right, very fun turn. I didn't gain much in territory, but made lots of new friends (ie, vassals) and got tons of gold and prestige.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MAP AND SAVE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, nice collapse with Hindustan. I wasn't taking territory much in this turn, due to the fact I needed to keep my infamy low (I needed good relations so I could keep up the League and get trade rights). I should've diplo-annexed Brunswick much earlier though - the A Formal Request event has only fired for one of the three provinces yet, and the AI is bound to cave in and give the two others to the Emperor. Oh well.

EDIT: And if that was tl;dr, nothing big really happened in Europe except for the few big wars against France I already mentioned. I think I'll actually continue this save normally in SP, was having fun.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:14:52 am by Digital Hellhound »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

Who's up for the turn after mine, anyhow? We got any contenders? :p

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:36 pm »

Okay, I've finally decided on Moldavia. Should be good fun trying to get them in a decent position to form the Romanian nation. :p Don't know how I'm going to kill of Byzantium, though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2011, 12:40:02 pm »

Byzantium, the muslim theocracy that everybody hates? How many provinces do they have?

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2011, 12:49:43 pm »

Two, Larissa and Rhodes.

I suppose I'll just wait for Spain to go to war with them.

Spoiler: One Year In (click to show/hide)

Anyone want any info on any countries?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2011, 12:54:19 pm »

Well, keep an eye on all the big players and the Hansa. Without me fighting wars every two seconds, Lubeck's value will hopefully go back up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7