Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)  (Read 35810 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 03:23:45 pm »

I'm done with my turn.

The save is 909 MB. Help?

Edit: Save fixed, I think. Apparently, there's a bug where it duplicates achievements each time you save-resign-reload instead of save-quit-restart-reload. (I had issues concerning a mysterious loathing by the RNG a few times.)

Save is here

England is likely to form Great Britain, if they can deal with their heavy rebel problems.
Ming is scary.

Spoiler: Mini-AAR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:07:20 pm by Nirur Torir »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 05:59:04 pm »

Nice expansion down the coast. Now the question is whether or not the computer will lose it stupidly.

Did you build forts?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 09:07:37 pm »

I have no lack of faith in the AI's ability to lose my carefully taken provinces to rebels.

Morocco's status: Forts everywhere, two colonies, and about 4% inflation. Do to a series of bad leaders, war exhaustion is still up there. It's got about 200 extra gold, but the AI will probably waste it on ships.

Iberia is at war with itself. Both Portugal and Castille lost their KILL MOROCCO NOW!!! missions. I had absolutely nothing to do with this, but hopefully the AI will have a few more years to deal with nationalism and war exhaustion.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 08:08:12 am »

Shit, that better not be France in Italy. I still seem to have Antwerpen, fortunately. Burgundy gets great missions for the nearby HRE minors thou, so I should be able to expand somewhere.

And that's the biggest Finland I've ever seen. Released in a war?

EDIT: Err... the save link takes me to text file, not anything I can download. This supposed to happen? Mysteriously started working. Derp.

EDIT: The AI has made itself a network of royal marriages, 150+ relations, military access and what have you... with those minors I need to conquer. Good thing my heir (actually king now) is an absolutely amazing 9/8/9 ruler.

EDIT: Who, as high-statted rulers always do, went and died, leaving me with a horribad regency council and a 3-year-old heir. There go all my plans of expansion.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:58:06 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

You know what they say, Hellhound. The brightest candle burns out the quickest. :p

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »

I suspect it's a hard-cored feature in the game. Happens so often to everybody. Anyhow, I'm at 1443 atm, gonna take a while for that heir to grow up.

I'll sign up again, if possible. I doubt Burgundy will be still alive at 1520, but this is fun anyhow.

EDIT: Oh hell yes. I got an event 'Regent usurps the throne' and a chance to conquer the Palatinate. That was lucky.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 01:17:21 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 01:17:22 pm »

Sure. You don't have to stick to one nation, you know? :p What turn slot do you want?

And I don't know if France will stabilise. It doesn't always do so, especially not in DW. It gets screwed over by cascading alliances more than any other nation (except maybe any of the HRE minors) due to how large it is compared to everything around it.

Is Khmer still alive?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 02:15:31 pm »

Bubut... I like Burgundy. And I want the 1520-1549 slot.

Yeah, I was hoping for France to get raeped by cascading alliances, but... well, it actually happened. An enormous super-alliance of doom led by Bohemia went to war with them, and France absolutely wiped the floor with them.

Dunno if Khmer is alive, haven't checked asia much. I did notice that Ming is getting huge again by horde colonization and two of the japanese daimyos are battling for control of Japan.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »

Okay, then. :p Why do you like Burgundy so much?!

So, France's massive discipline score lead to them smashing apart everyone sent against them? They do need a nerf. :p

Check, please, I want to make a united south Asian peninsula. :p

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 03:48:44 pm »

Well, Burgundy is a like a smaller France. Rich, quite high-population for it's size, possessing a great CoT and with tons of great missions and free CB's on it's neighbours.

Though actually playing the same country is against the rules. :P

EDIT: I'll check how Khmer's doing tomorrow. And most likely finish my turn as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:06:53 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 07:18:58 am »

Alright, here comes the AAR, save and map.

---

Early Game

* I vassalize Lorraine and Mainz and annex Aachen.

* Connacht declares independence from a fully united England.

* Norway attempts to grab a piece of Sweden, only to get swarmed by Denmark and Finland and their minor allies. It loses some territory to Finland and is forced to a (short-lived) PU with Denmark.

* Morocco fights a couple of Indian minors... somehow. Ends in white peace after a while.

* I conquer/vassalize more HRE minors, while France attacks England with the Reconquest CB. England lands a few 5k armies in it's french holdings, which are useless against France's 13k-stacks. England suffers a crushing defeat and is forced to release Cornwall and Wales.

Mid-Game

* I conquer/vassalize more HRE minors.

* Castille keeps starting wars against Portugal and Aragon, always resulting in Castillian victory. Aragon loses a lot of land and is forced to release Navarra after the second one.

* Big Hungary gets swarmed and is hacked apart.

* France gets into a huge war against a Bohemia-led alliance... and absolutely wipes the floor with them.

* The broken A Formal Request event causes Bohemia's (Holy Roman Emperor) infamy to spiral out of control. Everybody and their mother attack Bohemia with the Dishonourable Scum CB. Bohemia is forced to release half of the territory they got through the event, and the rest rebel and declare independence shortly afterwards.

* Morocco fights Algiers, Mamluks and african minors, ending in white peaces or small victories for it.

Late Game

* I conquer/vassalize more HRE Minors. I hit my infamy limit and have to release a minor I conquered earlier to get the unlawful imperial territory penalties down. I just burn infamy for the remainder of the turn.

* Everybody hates Sweden - Norway declares war and, immediately after peace is made, Finland and Denmark DoW as well.

* While I'm not looking, Morocco gets overrun by rebels. They've been at war with Mali for years at this point, so I'm guessing war exhaustion is to blame. A few of the rebelling provinces defect to Algiers.

* Castille's third Iberian war ends in total defeat for Aragon and Portugal - they're both pretty much reduced to OPM's. I've never actually seen Castille beat up Portugal this badly.

* By 1459, England has vassalized all of the countries France force-released.

---

Other things happened, especially in mid-game, but I forgot to take more notes/pics. I'm certain that France will attack Burgundy at some point, and that the AI will screw up once I let go (I've got high infamy and low legitimacy and they're bound to do something stupid). Actually, put my new country as Undecided on the turn list.

Khmer was alive at 1455, and I'm pretty sure they still are.

Map and Save
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 07:50:31 am »

That's a pretty massive Finland. Novgorod looks like it's about to form Russia and Ming is becoming a massive menace. I imagine Russia will take advantage of that weakened (and yet not small) Golden Horde and massively expand, too.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 08:09:29 am »

Either Novgorod or Smolensk, both are in a good position to become Russia. My money's on Smolensk, they seem to be Lucky and are blobbing pretty quickly. GH isn't that weak yet, either.

EDIT: You should probaly update the turn list.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 08:19:09 am by Digital Hellhound »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 09:14:44 am »

Also, Hindustan just formed. o.O I don't know how, since I was like, "LOL MASSIVE VIYAGASDNNGAR", checked them out and I thought I was watching them collapse. A few years later and they've conquered pretty much everything they need and have formed Hindustan. :|

I'm playing as Khmer, if no one minds. Cambodia power!

Oh, and I've signed you up as Burgundy. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I just had an absolutely brutal first war against about half of the Peninsula. Seriously.

EDIT2: I've done amazingly well and I'm proud of myself, although that might've only been because - whilst I was playing - Ming was collapsing and a bunch of other powers were far too concentrated on a landgrab in Ming to do anything else.

Errr... And I might've accidentally converted Hindustan to Buddhist. Simply because I actually managed to beat a few of their armies when they got dragged into a war with me (despite them having 200 relations...) from cascading alliances after I annexed a few provinces and I got a decent warscore up on them. Had no idea what to do with it, and so I selected "Hindustan should convert to Buddhism" to get them out of the running for a bit without having to take any of their provinces. :<

Remember, guys, we're changing history!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:45:37 pm by Farseer »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 03:03:33 pm »

Hindustan.... is now Buddhist. Huh.

Good to hear Ming's collapsing, though. Forge yourself an asian empire!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7