Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)  (Read 35801 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)
« on: January 21, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »

Inspired by both Toady Two's "Let's re-write history!" and Steam's release of Divine Wind (by the by, Steam also has a massive 80% sale on the other Europa Universalis games, which I heartily recommend you buy), I've decided to do something similar pretty much exactly the same because Toady's rules are too perfect. The only change is that we're going to be using "Lucky Nations" on random instead of historic.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

And here's the turn list! I'm not going to be able to play until tomorrow night / Sunday, so we'll need someone to start us off. Please. :3

Spoiler: Turn List (click to show/hide)

Let's change history, ladies and gents!

Spoiler: To Toady Two (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:32:16 am by Farseer »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Change History! (Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:15:53 pm »

This looks fun. I think I'll start us off, and see how much of Africa I can take over with Morocco in 30 years.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:27:52 am »

Wow, that is a great price on steam.  A word or warning though: Paradox games are highly modifiable and steam tends to not play very well with mods at all.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 04:19:57 am »

This looks fun. I think I'll start us off, and see how much of Africa I can take over with Morocco in 30 years.

Sounds good. I'll add you to the turn list.

Wow, that is a great price on steam.  A word or warning though: Paradox games are highly modifiable and steam tends to not play very well with mods at all.

Steam is terrible for modding trouble. About the only game I've ever managed to mod on there is Oblivion.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 05:27:07 am »

2 things.

First, modding EU3 is fine on Steam.

Second, I'd wait until the upcoming patch for Divine Wind, since currently it's buggy as all hell. Playing as a horde is a death sentence and cascading alliances ruins almost every war, since you end up with half of Europe against you and the other half on your side.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 06:13:07 am »

In as Burgundy if it's still alive/unvassalized by 1430.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 07:06:46 am »

Just ask and I'll take this down. Remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, though. :p

Ha ha, I've got no problem with this. TBH keeping both the HttT and IN list updated was pretty encumbering for me so I'm relieved that I don't have to make a new one for DW. Best luck to you guys.

As for me I've recently discovered my masochistic tendencies and started playing Magna Mundi Ultimate, so I won't be getting DW on steam until an update from team MM is released for the expansion.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:25:14 am »

Second, I'd wait until the upcoming patch for Divine Wind, since currently it's buggy as all hell. Playing as a horde is a death sentence and cascading alliances ruins almost every war, since you end up with half of Europe against you and the other half on your side.

Just like real life! :p

Got any patch notes for this?

In as Burgundy if it's still alive/unvassalized by 1430.

Added to turn list

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 07:06:58 pm »

I think, after playing DW for a bit, I'll play as whatever Japanese shogun / daimyo is strongest on the third turn.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:58:01 am »

So Nirur, how many years do you have left?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:45 pm »

I'm halfway through. I expect three days to get the save up at the absolute latest, and then I'll take another 24-48 hours to get the AAR up.

The Iberians weren't any trouble to fend off, despite their persistence, but they did cost me a not-so-great casus belli against Algiers.

The English have completely annexed Ireland, and only three provinces remain in Scotland. They've also taken Roussillion, just for the fun of it.

Burgundy's lost three provinces to France with no gains in the HRE, but I expect they'll soon use their conquest mission to annex Hainaut/Holland. Either that or the Bavarian emperor will crush them in amusing ways.

Lithuania is down to about 20% of its initial size, and I doubt it will survive to see the third player's turn.

The Iroquois are down to one provinces. Can they turn it around before the Iberians arrive, to be the undisputed leaders of Lake Ontario?

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 05:45:18 pm »

Lithuania is down to about 20% of its initial size, and I doubt it will survive to see the third player's turn.

Thank god. No giant pink blob, hopefully.

The Iroquois are down to one provinces. Can they turn it around before the Iberians arrive, to be the undisputed leaders of Lake Ontario?

Probably. The lack of forts in the Americas means warfare there is very fluid.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 08:41:22 am »

Ouch, I was hoping for France to get raeped by a swarm of other european majors. But as long as they didn't take the rich northern provinces, it should be fine.

Thank god. No giant pink blob, hopefully.

I'm more afraid of seeing Ming eat up the hordes and end up in russia again. Seems to be happen stupidly often in DW. It's either that or a catasthrophic collapse.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:08 pm »

Ill take a turn as an Irish Nation, not sure which, need to see how it goes, and if it survives :P If not I'll make my decision before my turn comes up.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »

Ill take a turn as an Irish Nation, not sure which, need to see how it goes, and if it survives :P If not I'll make my decision before my turn comes up.

Added you to the turn list.

Come on, Nirur. :p

I wish we had more players, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7