Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Helpful strangers  (Read 501 times)

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Helpful strangers
« on: January 21, 2011, 03:57:19 am »

In a few of my sieges and ambushes, I've seen dwarves (not of my fort) and humans (far from the caravan) appear in the vicinity of the attackers and fight them. Is this a normal thing to happen? I thought they might have been kidnap victims but the combat reports show them really fighting the goblins. These humans and dwarves are also listed as "Invader" on the screen. I find it odd.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful strangers
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:09:08 am »

Currently in 31.18 there is a bug where goblins attack non-goblin members of their ambush or siege groups. The humans and dwarves are the leaders of the siege or ambush groups. If this is the case, then they will also have goblin names and goblin weapons/armor. They are supposed to be the grown-up kidnap victims, and in previous versions they would attack you instead of their allies.

Namfuak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Helpful strangers
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:29:09 am »

Currently in 31.18 there is a bug where goblins attack non-goblin members of their ambush or siege groups. The humans and dwarves are the leaders of the siege or ambush groups. If this is the case, then they will also have goblin names and goblin weapons/armor. They are supposed to be the grown-up kidnap victims, and in previous versions they would attack you instead of their allies.

They still attack you, often powered up by the 4-5 goblins they kill before they reach your fortress.