Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tileset Help  (Read 686 times)

IceMage88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tileset Help
« on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:36 pm »

Hello, could someone please help me with tilesets? I do not understand them AT ALL. People have recommended I try the lazy newb set, but that is a whole big program which does much much more then just change how the graphics appear. Can someone please help? I can't really play right now because of this.

sdrawkcabcM tsirU

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tileset Help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:35:02 pm »

The lazy newb pack program CAN do more than change the tilesets around, but only if you specifically tell it to. You could always download the game modified with just the tileset, if you like. Here's a link to the thread with the Phoebus tileset download links. If you'd like a different tileset, just google it.

IceMage88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:39:36 pm »

Ok and how do you get it to do that? I went into the lazy newb pack, and hit install graphics to change to graphics to a different tileset. But this does not change the graphics on the one downloaded from the dwarf fortress website, only the one if I choose to hit play now in the lasy newb pack. I dont want to start over in that version, how do I change the graphics in mine?

Sorry, im not good with dealing with files and such like this, im probably a nuisance.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:46:27 pm »

I would recommend copy/pasting your fortress into the Lazy Newb Pack's save directory.  I have not personally had much luck switching graphics sets manually.

Have you checked what the wiki has to say on this?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

IceMage88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:50:00 pm »

Oops, no sorry  :(

Thanks for your help though, I will learn to start checking the wiki more.

On the plus side, im learning the patience needed to play, ive been trying to play for 4 days without luck so far. thanks again for your help, ill try it tomorrow.