Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Steel vs candy battleaxe?  (Read 4281 times)

Teamwork

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steel vs candy battleaxe?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »

I never get why you people censor yourselves. It's not like just about everyone knows about adamantine and the demons, it's not a big secret

There are Demons in this game?! Did someone mod them in and what the heck is Adamantine?
Urist McUseless: Stop right there, criminal scum! Nobody defies mandates on MY watch!
Urist McInnocent: Bite me!

*CENSORED DUE TO EXTREMELY GRATUITOUS VIOLENCE*

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 10:14:15 pm »

Katana? WHERE???

LINK PLEASE

step1.  go the item_weapon raws, find the short sword entry.  Change the name field to "katana"

step2.  Enjoy your katanas.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 10:21:34 pm »

I never get why you people censor yourselves. It's not like just about everyone knows about adamantine and the demons, it's not a big secret

I honestly, honestly thought, upon first reading the OP, that this was a thread about making battleaxes out of hardened sugar.  "Candy battleaxes"  I thought.  "What a delicious idea."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 11:03:45 pm »

There's a mod that turns the whole DF world into confectionery, so it's not as bizarre as you might expect.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »

Yeah but seriously who hasn't? It's like being all hush hush about the fact that you mine out metals, there exists monsters and magma in this game
Gentlements, that's what RP can do to your brain. I humbly direct you to this faith-in-humanity-falling-rapidly topic.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 11:17:03 pm »

I treat this habit of calling adamantite cotton candy and demons clowns mostly as comic relief. That said, I'm pretty sure I had indeed avoided spoilers on this forum for the first couple of weeks of playing this game.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 11:19:29 pm »

I went through the entirety of the captnduck videos before even touching the game or the forums. I knew. That was back in 40d, but I quickly learned of the new stuff.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »

I humbly direct you to this faith-in-humanity-falling-rapidly topic.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your mode of thinking here. People not wanting to give away the plot or ending of a work of fiction, which is what demons essentially boil down to in DF, makes you lose faith in humanity? I'm glad I don't have your problems.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:59 am »

I humbly direct you to this faith-in-humanity-falling-rapidly topic.

I'm trying to wrap my head around your mode of thinking here. People not wanting to give away the plot or ending of a work of fiction, which is what demons essentially boil down to in DF, makes you lose faith in humanity? I'm glad I don't have your problems.
If the endings of works of fiction to the fiction they belong to is equivalent to demons to DF, then literacy would never have matured because all books will burn itself to ash after the first read. It's the perfect DRM btw, but that's beside the point. And I guess the people who got their book burned must be very selfish, cruel bastards themselves if they dont warn other people about wasting money on self-destructing books.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:01:45 am by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:38 am »

I'm not stoned enough for any of what you just said to make sense. Sorry about that.

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 04:17:39 am »

So... what is the axe worth?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:33 am »

yeah, go ahead! plus adamintine shield is good for mobile troops. which you do want to have (bashing... eh.)
Someone else found bronze or steel were better for shields as they do blunt damage meaning heavier metals are better.  The thread will be around here somewhere I guess.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:45 am »

yeah, go ahead! plus adamintine shield is good for mobile troops. which you do want to have (bashing... eh.)
Someone else found bronze or steel were better for shields as they do blunt damage meaning heavier metals are better.  The thread will be around here somewhere I guess.
I'm fairly sure he was implying that the benefits of bashing are outweighed by the ability to have unencumbered fast-troops.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 06:22:52 am »

I'm fairly sure he was implying that the benefits of bashing are outweighed by the ability to have unencumbered fast-troops.

Strange. I thought any soldier who's significantly slowed down by a heavy shield would have more serious problems than a mere lack of speed.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 06:36:06 am »

Strange. I thought any soldier who's significantly slowed down by a heavy shield would have more serious problems than a mere lack of speed.
I can see you've never actually worn plate armor. ANY weight you can shed is a goddamn blessing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4