Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Roll to Invade Middle Earth: A Vikingr RTD: Turn Two: Organised mess  (Read 6529 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Invade Middle Earth: A Vikingr RTD: Turn Two: Organised mess
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2011, 04:19:49 am »

Innsmothe, in your first story post you said to the first 4 that they had been charged with putting down the rebellion. Do us latecomers have the same duties?

Well, looks like I could be up here a while. Unless I could pull out enough thatch to make a soft pile to cushion my fall...?

Yeah prettty much, it's assumed that everyone has heard of the uprising.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2011, 11:00:56 am »

"Well, since I commited an act of violence, I must now commit an act of charity. Look, a man on a roof!"

I spot Wilhelm the Smith (Kurouma) stranded on a roof, so I buy a hook and rope from a nearby shop and go and rescue him. Otherwise, I could borrow a ladder from a helpful local.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:31 pm »

Can i get in, there is one space left right?

if there is

Name: Skaldir Tsalfson
Background: Hunter and Warrior, Earned what respect he has himself, without using his family
Patron god/saint/element: Freyj and Freyja
Weapons/shield: One Bearded axe and one shortspear, roundshield
Armour: Faceless helm, Bracers, Thick Leather Highboots, Scale Breastplate
starting Ability or spell: Valhalla's Call; Allow the greviously wounded to FIGHT as though they had no injuries, -1 to defence while maintaining
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:11:10 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »

Oi, you need to post your action in my RtD, so stop joining more! :p

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:16 pm »

Can i get in, there is one space left right?

if there is

Name: Skaldir Tsalfson
Background: Hunter and Warrior, Earned what respect he has himself, without using his family
Patron god/saint/element: Freyj and Freyja
Weapons/shield: One Bearded axe and one shortspear, roundshield
Armour: Faceless helm, Bracers, Thick Leather Highboots, Scale Breastplate
starting Ability or spell: Valhalla's Call; Allow the greviously wounded to FIGHT as though they had no injuries, -1 to defence while maintaining
I am actually thinking of closing it, my HD crashed yesterday and the entire script (156 word pages) fried.
Plus I did watch one of my best mates die in hospital, so I am really not into it at the moment.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »

Oh. Yeah, I can see you not wanting to run a RTD after that. Ok, don't worry, I certainly don't hold it against you.

Zrk2
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »

Oh. Yeah, I can see you not wanting to run a RTD after that. Ok, don't worry, I certainly don't hold it against you.

Zrk2
Love ya man.
It was leukaemia, so it was a long time coming, but it still makes me feel shit.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2011, 02:32:17 pm »

Dang. Not a good time for you. I agree, though...personal stuff comes first. It's just a game.

Also, you know, I wouldn't mind running a few turns Innsmothe, if you would let me.
At least until your compuer is fixed, and you feel like doing it again.

I could use the GM practice myself.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:11 pm »

Dang. Not a good time for you. I agree, though...personal stuff comes first. It's just a game.

Also, you know, I wouldn't mind running a few turns Innsmothe, if you would let me.
At least until your compuer is fixed, and you feel like doing it again.

I could use the GM practice myself.
You can do it how you like man.
I have no problems with you taking over.

Kurouma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear that Innsmothe. I hope you're ok, man.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »

I'm very sorry to hear that Innsmothe. I hope you're ok, man.
Meh, all I did was punch in the side window pane of my Golf. Good thing I was outside the hospital too (7 stitches.). :P
I rolled a 1 on the sense-scale at that point.
I also found out that binging when one is trying to remember someone is a very self defeating goal.

Innsmothe's top tip,: Don;t drink when in an extreme emotional state, keep safe.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

Ragnar
    Curse the crowd to a thousand horrible deaths for their impertinence
    [6][5]You begin screaming and raving from the top of your lungs at the impertinent townspeople for being so stingy.  A red film goes over your eyes, as you go berserk, smashing everything in your way and frothing at the mouth!

Dozens flee for their lives from your vicious ranting, convinced you are an avatar of death come to take them.
    After awhile you calm down and find [7] 70 coins dropped by the townspeople in their rush to get away.

You have gained the abilities:
    Berserker!
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
    Infamy

Fight between Darvi and Taricus!

Darvi, seeing his opponent trying to step back and catch his breath, takes the initiative! He yells and launches a good attack, aiming for his opponents head!

Taricus puts up a skillful defense, but cannot sustain it. Darvi launches a flurry of blows, and as soon as Taricus’s axe dips, he brings his sword from above.

Taricus gets a bruised skull, but his helmet absorbs the blow with a ringing gong.

Counterattack

He can’t seem to lift his axe, and he swings it sideways clumsily-Darvi is almost taken by surprise by such an inept attack, but manages to twist his body away easiliy. Tariicus is so overbalanced; he falls on his own axe, injuring his arm!

He pulls himself away before the blade can cut him too deeply, but the damage is done…mostly to his pride.
    Taricus has enough time to catch his breath, and he’s no longer choking.
    Results
    Darvi takes 3 damage to his head [20/17, head bruised]
    90% health left

Taricus takes 3 damage to his left arm [20/17, left arm shallow cut]
    90% health left
    The battle continues!

(OOC: Being new at this, I’ll let you guys look at my battle system and tell me what’s for. Also, I’ll be doing 3 rounds of combat per turn from now on, unless you specify you want a short battle)

Wilhelm
    Innsmothe, in your first story post you said to the first 4 that they had been charged with putting down the rebellion. Do us latecomers have the same duties?

Well, looks like I could be up here a while. Unless I could pull out enough thatch to make a soft pile to cushion my fall...?
    [Auto-success!]

A kind poet-warrior brings you a ladder and you climb down, but before you can thank him, he  walks singing into the distance, a vision of a younger, freer world…

OOC: I’m gonna assume you all have the same mission.

Hring lapses into sleep…

Skaldir Tsalfson arrives in the hall of Jorvic, and was given much the same commands…

The war does not go well, Essex has repelled a number of armies, the Scotti and Britons raid occupied territory and the Christians raise up villages in revolts against pagan settlers.

When the Warlords and Shipthanes met, preparing for a raid into Scotland to make 'peace' with the Scotti, one of the closer and largest villages erupts into violence against it's pagan occupants, slaughtering many families. The corpses on public display in show of the Christian gods might against the pagan occupiers.

This had to be dealt with, but was petty work for a warlord.

So Four, young, landless relatives of one lord or another were summoned to the great hall in Jorvic.

They were told to deal with the revolt, to prove that they had the skill and bravery of their fathers in their blood and whether they were worthy of rings, gold, men and land.

They were given a golden arm ring each to fund their journey, at 100 coins in value, the boys cradled them like babes.

"We expect death to, or tribute from, the villagers responsible, you will bring back the priests for execution and you may take anything of wealth and sustenance that you desire. Failure will be met with slavedom or worse. Do you accept?"

• Taricus -
        • Darvi-
        • Wolfchild
        • sneevil
        • Zrk2

• Kurouma

Well, there we go! I'm opening a new thread after this, feel free to post here though. You'll notice I changed some item stats. feel free to correct me, I'll deserve it.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:52:17 pm by Dwarmin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

I use my Bastard Sword single handedly. Else it wouldn't make much sense being ambidextrous, right?

Try to disarm Aevir.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
    • Wyvern Buddy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 05:37:17 pm »

Find a training field
    You really can both sig it.
    But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

I use my Bastard Sword single handedly. Else it wouldn't make much sense being ambidextrous, right?

Try to disarm Aevir.

Okey. I made it a one handed weapon with a +1 to hit, instead of +1 to damage.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7