Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I leave the pictures inside the SPOILER -tags or not?

Yes, use the tags
- 8 (80%)
No, don't use the tags
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Tales of Craftwaters - Now in diary format!  (Read 8372 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Craftwaters
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 09:57:08 am »

@Kipi: So living, skilled and having political connections, Welp guess better I Shmooze Knifeled so I can keep my good room.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 10:43:15 am »

Yep, that's most of it.
Also, creating useless/exceptional artifact may cause changes in council... lucky for you, you have already made an artifact...
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:02 am »

So that pretty much means my seat is fairly solid.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

Several weeks had passed since the discovery of adamantine. The life inside Craftwaters had returned to normal. Well, as normal as life could return after discovery of adamantine and the decision to move the fortress deeper. Nevertheless, everybody was working hard to get everything ready for the move.

One day the fisherdwarf rushed inside, shouting that another group of migrants had arrived. Knifeled hurried outside, to confirm that ten dwarves, nine adult and one child, had arrived. After quick interview she discovered that of ten dwarves three were more or less skilled in metal working, so she ordered them to go down and meet with Taricus. Others had not much to offer, so they were assigned to group of haulers. At then Knifeled realized that most of the citizens actually belonged to that hauler group, having no useful skills. And where would they need so many haulers? Well, the moving of the fortress was nearing, so it was wise to have such a group nearby. After that, well, she must figure out something. Or take the problem to council.

At the end of the day the population of Craftwaters had grown to sixty-one dwarves. Though not even close to the population of mountainhome, it was sign of growing society.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 12:05:16 pm »

There was loud noise echoing around the halls. It took Knifeled few moments to realize that the noise was nothing ordinary, but instead it came from the bells connected to the traps at the entrance. What the hell had happened? The had been no alarm since the installation of the traps, what would cause it now?
   Knifeled ran to the entrance, only to see dozen or so dwarves gathered near the traps. Everything was quiet, especially now that the alarm had been silenced. Carefully she reached the group, and slowly everybody moved to reveal her what they had been looking at; one of the cage traps had sprung, and there was goblin trapped inside. The initial shock gave way to terror. The goblins had found them!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For a long moment nobody spoke, more and more dwarves were gathering near the entrance. Finally Knifeled managed to get words from her mouth.
   "Taricus, forget about the adamantine. We need steel weapons and armors immediately." She turned to see Taricus, who was visibly scared. "We need to equip our soldier before more of these things gets here. We have no time to wait to have enough adamantine for that, so steel msut do. Now go!"
   Taricus saluted, signed with his hand to other smiths and furnace operators to follow him and left.
   "Now, someone please take this cage to the storage. I need this trap reset immediately."
   She turned her back to the cage and left, leaving everybody staring her and the cage in shock.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:12:56 pm by Kipi »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 12:08:01 pm »

Do you mind if i ask for a character sheet?

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:09 pm »

Not at all.
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus, relations (click to show/hide)
You are also Passing Acquaintance with nearly everybody else in Craftwaters.

Currently you have all the metalworking jobs enabled, except furnace operating.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »

I'm in a relationship with one of the founding miners, friends with everyone of the initial expedition but the mason, I'm Adventurous, creative (in the ideas department) and i'm a ridiculously short and fat dwarf who like buckets (the occasionly overindulges might explain the fat)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 12:42:44 pm »

Heh, didn't notice that relation before...
Just to check, you noticed that Skinnywalled is the one who is concentrating only on drinking and hitting lads?  :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:39 pm »

Wait, what

Ah, hehehe I snagged the wild one ;D, hell with the descriptions of both it seems i'm a fat guy with an attractive wife.

Dwarven Comedic Animation material.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:49:17 pm by Taricus »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 12:53:12 pm »

Hehee...
Spoiler: Skinnywalled (click to show/hide)
:-X :P ;D

Woman with iron will... I think I know now who is truly part of the council even though Taricus is formally... :P
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:55:17 pm by Kipi »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »

Wait, I'm a puppet, well atleast the puppeteer is friendly and attractive ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:50:36 pm by Taricus »

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:35 pm »

Hmm... how come I'm sensing some great material for drama here...?  ???  :D

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »

Drama AND comedy  ;D

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 02:15:59 pm »

The autumn was nearing the end when the caravan from mountainhome, accompanied by the liaison, arrived again, just like they had promised. Knifeled was waiting at the entrance when the liaison came.
   "Greetings from the Queen. How fare things?"
   "Well, much has happened sine your last visit, and I don't even know where to begin."
   "From the start could be good idea."
   Knifeled glanced the liaison, then replied: "Fine. First of all, we have formed council to run this fortress. Besides me there are nine other dwarves in the council."
   The liaison nodded in acknowledgement.
   "Next thing, which is the best thing I have to tell you, is that we have finally discovered adamantine."
   The liaison halted, stared Knifeled in disbelief.
    "Are you serious?"
    "Yes, I am. There is at least one vein here, near the magma. I can't say yet how big that vein is and if there is more than one, but at least we have finally filled our first task."
   "Those are great news! I'm sure the Queen is delighted when I tell her about this. Now, anything else?"
   Knifeled sighed and continued. "Well, we have discovered that the elves are in alliance with goblins. The type of alliance is still unknown, but at least there is trading involved. You see, we were visited by elven caravan last spring. First of all, we were suspicion about how they knew we were here. Secondly, they had some stuff, mainly toys, which are of dwarven origin. And by that I mean in a way that elves could not have got those without dealing with goblins. Most of those has been lost during goblin raids, so that's where we were basing our assumptions."
   "What did you do with the elves?"
   "Erkki slaughtered them."
   "Splendid! No mercy to traitors! Now, anything else?"
   "Well, last thing I want to tell you happened not long ago. The goblins have found us."
   "Oh my, that's bad. Are you sure about it?"
   Knifeled nodded and beckoned the liaison to follow. After few minutes they reached the cage storage.
   "You see that cage over there? There is goblin inside, caught by trap while it tried to enter our fortress. So yes, we are pretty damn sure that they have found us."
   "That's bad. I must inform the Queen about this. Here are the new orders," the liaison gave Knifeled sealed letter, "and do you have anything you want from mountainhome?"
   "Besides military support? Nothing else than the last time."
   "Alright. I must leave now as I have a lot to report to Queen. We will see again next autumn."

Before the liaison had managed to leave the fortress the alarm rang again. Second goblin thief had been caught by the trap. Knifeled studied the cage for a moment, after which she turned her eyes to liaison.
   "You see? They know our location. Now, I suggest you stay here for a moment here before you leave. The caravan guards and our soldiers will keep watching the entrance."
   The liaison nodded in agreement, then went down to the dining hall.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10