Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I leave the pictures inside the SPOILER -tags or not?

Yes, use the tags
- 8 (80%)
No, don't use the tags
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Tales of Craftwaters - Now in diary format!  (Read 8368 times)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Craftwaters - Now in diary format!
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2011, 05:52:56 am »

20th of Granite, year 163
Official log of survivors, written by Zulban Poolsteels

The situation has calmed down a bit here, and most of the dwarves are just feeling miserable. Unfortunately two dwarves have snapped completely, Actedropes and our previous leader Bootcloisters. They are beyond help, and so I was elected to lead this group.

During the chaos, both of our farms were destroyed. Fortunately among us is former council member Shieldpeaceful, as she is able to reestablish small farm and begin the food production. I have not yet figured out who else we have with us, and what equipment they have brought with them. But, if there is no more tantruming coming, I believe we have a chance to survive from this.

Also, it seems that everybody left outside are dead, or so I gathered from the voice speaking in our heads. The voice said that as there was no living being to be killed the demons will destroy every object they can. That's no concern to us as we have to figure out how to survive here, we can't bother on things left outside.

6th of Slate, year 163

It's no good, four of us is already beyond any hope of regaining sanity. One child even went as far as destroying the newly built farm, setting back the hope for food.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

11th of Slate, year 163

The first death in this chamber has occurred; our butcher Cloisterring killed Bootcloisters during tantrum. Even though it's terrible that we are killing each other, at least she didn't die in hunger or thirst.

Nobody dares to approach Cloisterring, who knows if she attacks somebody else.

13th of Slate, year 163

Craftgangs has gone berserk! He has been chasing down Tradedwinters around the chamber, and nobody wants to stop him. I don't know what I should do, the people are just turning crazy around here.

14th of Slate, year 163

Tradedwinters is dead. Craftgangs killed her this morning. I hope he doesn't come after me next...

Lilith is speaking in my head again. I think she tries to turn us against ourselves. And I fear she has been successful, Why else would everybody turn aggressive here then?

Okay, I ordered few of sane dwarves to take Craftgangs down. Bookbulwark, Martyrdikes and Fealtylabor took the job, though Martyrdikes is the only one who has weapon, pick she used while being miner.

It took them few hours to actually kill the berserk dwarf, but at least Craftgangs is finally dead and wont bother others anymore.

15th of Slate, year 163

Bookbulwark died today. The wounds were too bad to survive from, especially since we do not have doctors around here. Because of that any wound may be lethal, if nothing else then the infection may kill the wounded dwarf.

Now that Craftgangs is dead, the guards formed by the two remaining dwarf are beating criminals here. It seems that Martyrdikes has taken the position of sheriff around here, and the criminal are being punished.

The first one to be punished was Coppermerchants. Fealtylabor killed him by beating, for a crime unknown to me. Even though it's good to hear that we have some kind of justice finally here, I fear that we are moving towards martial law.

15th of Slate, year 163
Official log of survivors, written by Sheriff Martyrdikes

Two criminals have been beaten to death, latest one being the Blunesssyrup. We are trying to bring peace around here, so I have attached a list of unpunished crimes in this log.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:07:47 am by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2011, 02:39:51 pm »

7th of Felsite, year 163
Official log of survivors, written by Lolor Martyrdikes

I have lost track of how long we have been here. But I know that our ranks are getting thinner, there are no more than fourteen of us alive.

Since the previous leader died to wounds caused during the rebellion, I have been assigned to lead this group. I have appointed Shieldpeaceful as our new sheriff, as she is the only other council member alive.

We are trying to get some more food from farms, so I ordered that everybody must help Shieldpeaceful. More food means better chance of survival.

---------------------------------------

While the dwarves tried to survive inside the small chamber, elven caravan arrived to the fortress. Poor elves never knew what was waiting for them, and so they approached the entrance without hesitation.

The silence confused the traders. Where was everybody? Why nobody had came to meet them? So many questions, but they had no answers yet.

Well, the poor elves ran straight to group of demons waiting downstairs, near the depot.

Without weapons the elves had no chance against the demons. Fortunate to them two of the six traders were able to escape the wrath of the demons, hopefully spreading the word of what had happened in Craftwaters.

8th of Hematite, year 163
Official log of survivors, written by Lolor Martyrdikes

There are only three of us left who still own at least a little bit of sanity; me, Shieldpeaceful and girl Merchantiron. Rest of the survivors, nine from twelve, are insane, and we don't expect them to live much longer.

So, it's up to us three to start living again, and first task after the farms have been set up is to move all the corpses littering this chamber to somewhere out of sight. So, I mined small room next to this chamber, where all the corpses can be hauled. I know it's not much, but at least we don't have to suffer from the rotting.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2011, 03:07:50 pm »

Okay, any opinions how I should run the fortress from now on? Should I try to run the fortress with even as few as three dwarves, one being child, or should I try to invent creative ending to all this madness? I can probably save the remaining dwarves, I still have some food and alcohol in stockpiles and three dwarves don't require that much.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »

I say keep going to the bitter end.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2011, 01:52:08 am »

Chapter 10 - The Life After Massacre

27th of Hematite, year 163
Written by Martyrdikes

There is only three of us left. The last insane dwarf died yesterday.

Unfortunately it seems that Lilith has found a new way to torment us; the fallen comrades of us have been raising from the death, appearing as ghost lingering around the chamber. Now, I Know such things has occurred before, and I think I know a way to put all these ghosts to rest; we must build gravestones for each and every fallen dwarf to commemorate them. That's going to be huge task, but I think we have more than enough time in our hands here.

15th of Malachite, year 163
Written by Martyrdikes

Everywhere I look I see rotting corpses. And the miasma coming from those is terrible. But as there is only three of us left we have no time to move the bodies yet, we need to secure our food supplies first.

25th of Malachite, year 163
Written by Martyrdikes

We have agreed on how to distribute the work we must do. I will take care of gravestones and other stone and wood work, Shieldpeaceful is in charge of attending the farm and brewing alcohol and the child, well, she helps where ever she can. We have already moved some of the corpses to the small room designated to that and we should expect our first harvest during next month.

Even though our situation is grim I'm still quite optimistic that we can pull this off, perhaps we can later try to mine some coal from upper levels of the fortress to produce some metal for bins and barrels. The truth is that we need the metal, as there is so few logs left and not many trees are growing in this chamber. But that's something we must worry later, right now we have more important tasks ahead of us.

6thth of Galena, year 163
Written by Martyrdikes

We agreed that it takes too long to remove all the stone from the corpse stockpile, so instead of trying to do that I dug small room near the surface. Free from stones the room makes it possible to get rid of the corpses in our living area.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2011, 06:26:57 am »

I'm going to be away from my desktop for around one week, so during that time I won't update this story. The FPS is just too low to play with may laptop, so I'll return to this when I get to desktop again, which provides much better FPS for this fortress.

In the mean while I'm going to start another story, and when I'm returning to this one I'll play both of them, so neither will suffer from lack of attention.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2011, 02:55:57 pm »

2nd of Timber, year 163
Written by Martyrdikes

Our life has been quiet here last month or so. To avoid boredom we have been trying to improve the quality of our life with small things. First improvement was to get rid of all the corpses we had here, as those are now dumbed upstairs in small room. That place also serves our garbage dumb, though there is no much garbage coming from two adults and one child.

Second improvement we have made is the personal bedroom for each one of us. The rooms are smoothed already, and we have been discussing that we should engrave those as well. That could be a good idea, at least it gives us something to do around here.

The most... interesting... thing that has been happened here lately is that the ghosts have been more active lately. They have not made any harm to us, but at times furniture gets moved or some items disappear. But as far as I know none of the spirits are aggressive. They just want our attention, though there is hardly anything we can do to them now.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]