Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Woah.... I think I went too far.  (Read 22759 times)

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woah.... I think I went too far.
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »

I don't think anything I've ever done has made me hesitate.
Lock people outside for the good of the rest of the fort?
Go ahead.
Sacrifice useless dwarves, prisoners, and cats to the volcano?
I'll make an altar for the occasion.
Urist McPetlover dies?
Butcher his pets for food!

Bravo... Bravo...

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:10 pm »

I've been planning a "Nazi science" fort for a while. Elves not welcome.
This is to make me recognizable.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2011, 11:02:16 pm »

Not even as test subjects?

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 11:49:46 pm »

Let's not get into those jokes again. They're not funny. Simple as that.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:20 am »

So, androphobic genocide. Pretty mundane, I guess.
Sigged.

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 02:44:37 am »

Oh, it's ok. I'm Jewish.

Not even as test subjects?

I suppose I might allow them in as test subjects, but I'll probably have to keep them in a separate wing of the facility. Wouldn't want them spreading their... disease... to any of the other inmates.
This is to make me recognizable.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2011, 02:51:54 am »

You don't like the jokes, you don't read the thread? Dude, you are not the all powerful god that dictates everything we should say. This forum is not only for your personal enjoyment.

ie: You being offended offends me. Stop that.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2011, 06:33:06 am »

I personally think this thread has become distasteful with the dwarfschwitz thing and needs to be ended.
You must be new here.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2011, 06:46:11 am »

You people should read more. "Holocaust industry" is a good start. WW2 was a great tragedy to a lot of people, not just jews. Even by current estimates death toll was about 35M, including 3.5M jews. Allies propaganda (mostly Soviets, but others too) started at 6M jews, and did their best to make "jewish holocaust" look like the worst thing that happened to mankind ever. This was to make themselves look glorified and Germans look like pure evil. History revisionists, called "holocaust deniers" managed to demistify some of it, and thats a good thing. Sadly they are often imprisoned. This tells a lot about how much freedom we actually have. Prisioners of Auschwitz and other camps were starved, but then feeding prisoners wile loosing war, and getting supply trains bombed by allies couldn't possibly be a high priority.

Just to put things into perspective: Every superpower at that time had work / concentration camps. Soviet ones were actually worse and took more lives. I think the British invented the concept, having so many colonies and problems with ingenious population getting in the way of their expliotation plans. Even USA had some for the Japanese, and it is estimated, that 1.5 died. China has work camps for like 3M even now. Korea is even worse. Come to think of it, jews made occupied Palestinian land into one big concentration camp.

Yes, so "nazis" were evil, but so were allies. Both sides commited war crimes during WW2. For example Britain carpet bombed Dresen, a 300k city. USA went even more overboard, nuking another citiy! The result? Germalns lost the war, so they are evil. Allies won a war, so their crimes are justified or forgotten.

OK, so I went on a rant. Now I'll propably be lynched by forum dwellers.

So has anyone made soap out of elves yet? Yeah, it requires modding them to be butcherable, but still, many of you would probably find that amusing.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 07:05:39 am »

History is subjective? Well duh.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 07:26:03 am »

:/

you misunderstand holocaust deniers. Holocaust deniers are what it says on the tin, they deny the holocaust took place and THAT is pretty much the dumbest thing you can manage to do, what with the staggering amount of evidence. And yes, sure, some death tolls may have been exaggerated, but that doesn't matter as it's still millions of human lives.

(Now had it been Elves...)
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:51 am »

This reminds me of that old thread we had when dwarf "genetics" first started and I contemplated dwarf eugenics, to see if you can get a bunch of pale, hairless dwarfs or the like by killing all the different looking ones. Did anyone ever progress on that or see if appearance goes from one generation to the other?

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:16 pm »

:/

you misunderstand holocaust deniers. Holocaust deniers are what it says on the tin, they deny the holocaust took place and THAT is pretty much the dumbest thing you can manage to do, what with the staggering amount of evidence. And yes, sure, some death tolls may have been exaggerated, but that doesn't matter as it's still millions of human lives.

(Now had it been Elves...)

I think the thing that causes so much horror is possibly not the bodycount, after all, Lysenkoism probably killed more people through slow starvation and mismanagement. I think what incites the real terror is the sheer machine precision and deliberate methodology. The Nazi party had a contract with IBM to custom build accounting computers to make things more efficient for the love of all things holy.

The sheer cold-blooded nature of it all is what strikes deep into the heart of most people.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

The equivalent would be automatic magma traps, which I've used.

Goblins enter, trigger a pressure plate, it dumps magma on them, they die, plate resets, magma drains, next group enters...
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 12:36:52 pm »

The equivalent would be automatic magma traps, which I've used.

Goblins enter, trigger a pressure plate, it dumps magma on them, they die, plate resets, magma drains, next group enters...

What, you don't automatically flush their equipment to the magma smelters?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9