Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Woah.... I think I went too far.  (Read 22731 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Woah.... I think I went too far.
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2011, 12:38:21 pm »

The equivalent would be automatic magma traps, which I've used.

Goblins enter, trigger a pressure plate, it dumps magma on them, they die, plate resets, magma drains, next group enters...
Yeah, but, those fuckers come to attack you. You don't drag them out of their homes for a perceived slight. :o

I think the thing that causes so much horror is possibly not the bodycount, after all, Lysenkoism probably killed more people through slow starvation and mismanagement. I think what incites the real terror is the sheer machine precision and deliberate methodology. The Nazi party had a contract with IBM to custom build accounting computers to make things more efficient for the love of all things holy.

The sheer cold-blooded nature of it all is what strikes deep into the heart of most people.
Yeah, that too.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2011, 12:44:37 pm »

The equivalent would be automatic magma traps, which I've used.

Goblins enter, trigger a pressure plate, it dumps magma on them, they die, plate resets, magma drains, next group enters...
Yeah, but, those fuckers come to attack you. You don't drag them out of their homes for a perceived slight. :o

Who knows, maybe the dwarves tried to bring them democracy.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »

Pshaw, everyone knows dwarves are all filthy communists.

What we need is a soviet work cam- oh wait that's every dwarf fortress ever.

Which reminds me. My next fortress is going to be some sort of tundra hellhole where I can finally test what kinds of things dwarfs pass on to their children. Well, probably. It might take too long and I'll end up killing everyone again. I think it would work best with a class system to get things done, without crippling my fortress.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:05:21 pm by Asra »

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2011, 01:43:22 pm »

You people should read more. "Holocaust industry" is a good start. WW2 was a great tragedy to a lot of people, not just jews. Even by current estimates death toll was about 35M, including 3.5M jews. Allies propaganda (mostly Soviets, but others too) started at 6M jews, and did their best to make "jewish holocaust" look like the worst thing that happened to mankind ever. This was to make themselves look glorified and Germans look like pure evil. History revisionists, called "holocaust deniers" managed to demistify some of it, and thats a good thing. Sadly they are often imprisoned. This tells a lot about how much freedom we actually have. Prisioners of Auschwitz and other camps were starved, but then feeding prisoners wile loosing war, and getting supply trains bombed by allies couldn't possibly be a high priority.

Just to put things into perspective: Every superpower at that time had work / concentration camps. Soviet ones were actually worse and took more lives. I think the British invented the concept, having so many colonies and problems with ingenious population getting in the way of their expliotation plans. Even USA had some for the Japanese, and it is estimated, that 1.5 died. China has work camps for like 3M even now. Korea is even worse. Come to think of it, jews made occupied Palestinian land into one big concentration camp.

Yes, so "nazis" were evil, but so were allies. Both sides commited war crimes during WW2. For example Britain carpet bombed Dresen, a 300k city. USA went even more overboard, nuking another citiy! The result? Germalns lost the war, so they are evil. Allies won a war, so their crimes are justified or forgotten.

OK, so I went on a rant. Now I'll propably be lynched by forum dwellers.

So has anyone made soap out of elves yet? Yeah, it requires modding them to be butcherable, but still, many of you would probably find that amusing.

But there were no laws made against nuking anything. And if you're referring to the Gaza Strip then you are roundly mistaken. Life in Gaza isn't that bad. They just put in a new mall there. Once again not that bad. Israel is trying to make it better. And it's working.

And I would say that the holocaust was indeed the worst thing to happen to mankind. Not Jewish holocaust. just plain holocaust.

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2011, 02:05:00 pm »

Stop talking about the holocaust and start talking about fortresses that resemble the holocaust.
This is to make me recognizable.

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

Not really EVIL, in any way, I mean, this is probably the tamest thing here, but I got a chuckle out of how dwarfy I'm being.

So the elves come, yadda yadda yadda, and usually, I just let them keep their cloth, only taking the food, booze, and the black bears (No elephants, OR eagles, those @#*&$#@), but this fort, I decided I would take the cloth, ALL of the cloth.

And then I sell it to my mountainhome for black diamonds. Oh, and more booze.
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2011, 02:33:15 pm »

Had a small guilt pang releasing a troll into my hospital to rid me of 15 bedridden syndrome victim children. Guilt about trashing up the hospital that is...
This is a blank sig.

Bererez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 03:09:57 pm »

FORT CONCEPT:
• Start with 6 women, 1 man (name him after yourself [assuming you are without a vagina] or joseph smith).
• Kill all men (except for the original one) and male children.
• Figure out a way to insure that the single male dwarf makes contact with each woman as often as possible.
• No military, lots of traps (optional: small, all male military segregated from female population).
• Scatter glass coffins decorated with bone (containing your dead male dwarfs) around the fort.

ADDENDUM:
• All male zoo?

"ur ist... nein, ich will sagen 'es,' ur es"
Something you might type in a German language class if you were stupid and playing some kind of text tag, I guess.

urist

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 03:11:22 pm »

Except that dwarves are monogamist.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »

Except that dwarves are monogamist. reproduce by spores.
fix'd
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »

Except that dwarves are monogamist. reproduce by spores.
fix'd
And once they reproduce with spores with one dwarf, they can never do it with any other dwarf again... because genetics!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »

when one spore is taken the rest are informed via radio waves that someone's taken.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

madciol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »

History revisionists, called "holocaust deniers" managed to demistify some of it, and thats a good thing.
Holocaust deniers claims that holocaust - as in systematic murder of entire human group with specified characteristics - did not happen at all. Check dictionary next time, maybe mysterious words like "denier" will be clearer.

OK, so I went on a rant. Now I'll propably be lynched by forum dwellers.
If only you had sufficient IQ to know why lynched...

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2011, 06:21:49 pm »

There would be no lynching. We here at BAy12 are civilized folk, the only lynching that happens here is over in the mafia subforum.

He would face trial instead. Toady would be judge, or some well respected forumite if he was busy, and a jury of people who had never been to this thread would be called in. Then we would have to appoint him a lawyer, and assembly a prosecution team. Then we'd have the trial.

It would end with the hammerer being called. See? Nice and civilized...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

Ding! Ding! Ding! Everyone wins a Godwin point! We must have beaten some record there.
I suggest we reenact the crucifixion of the Christ next time. A truly overlooked part of History. Suggesting an elf in the role of Jesus F. Christ.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9