Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hunter Agility  (Read 400 times)

Dorfus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunter Agility
« on: January 18, 2011, 05:35:09 am »

Hi there. My hunter is painfully slow so he needs more Agility. I know that he's supposed to move slowly when ambushing but even while chasing he's ridiculously slow. What task can I give him that'll speed him up a little?

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter Agility
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:14:27 am »

Dude. If your hunter has a proper crossbow, who gives a damn if he's slow?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:44 am »

If your map has a decent amount of wildlife and you can let him hunt for two years he'll be a legendary marksdorf, that will give him a big attribute bonus and he'll prolly be fast.

Dorfus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:44:59 am »

Yes he's getting better now. Previously he'd miss a bunch of shots and the animal would keep running away. Now his first shot is true and the animal passes out. Like shooting mountain goats in a ravine...

Bognor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:29:33 am »

My hunter is painfully slow so he needs more Agility.

Was his strength low?  He might have been encumbered by his armor if you had him in metal.  Just a thought, not sure what the mechanics of encumberance are in DF2010.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:33:00 am »

Hunters go into Ambush mode (AKA Sneak mode), which makes them near invisible to their prey. Even the biggest of badassery will run away because they can't see where the projectile came from.
He may just be sneaking.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.