Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Magma rose  (Read 1629 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Magma rose
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:26:38 pm »

To the OP:  Did the magma appear or rise on any level higher than the maximum level of previously existing magma?  Also, did you have any exposed semi-molten rock or 'magma flow' or similar tiles nearby?
I believe it was below the highest magma. There's a magma pool in the third cavern. I've got strange caverns. Second and third are connected by a downward passage, third has water and a magma pool right next to each other. There are magma flow tiles in my staircase.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 01:58:04 pm »

There are magma flow tiles in my staircase.
That's probably what's doing it.  Magma spawns above magma flow tiles.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

MijRai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »

I've had a bit of a magma while mining issue as well. I am close to the magma sea, and I am mining, when all of a sudden !!MAGMA!! is in the tunnel. It never goes above 1, and there are usually 8-11 tiles of it that spawn and just sit there. Do small pockets of magma form in the ground or something?

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 06:40:05 pm »

I keep reading this thread title and thinking it's a kind of plant that grows in magma.  Which would be awesome.

I keep interpreting it as a rose made out of magma (not approved for Valentine's Day use)

This is DF!!! Approve it for !!FUN!! and !!SCIENCE!! Burning dwarf couples/hordes is the very thing DF is about!!
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 10:51:43 pm »

Can you provide pics?
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

LealNightrunner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:05 pm »

A relevant thread from an unrelated problem I had a while ago regarding lava flow tiles:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=68195

I think if you had a magma pool in the caverns, dug underneath that and channeled into the magma sea, the lava flow tiles in the magma sea may also spawn lava in the same manner as volcanos and others.
Current Fort: NatureRags
Pages: 1 [2]