Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 79733 times)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2011, 07:33:52 am »

yeah i didn't know what to put in the prefstrings. I'll add them sooner or later

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2011, 05:19:15 pm »

I went ahead and made a video tutorial for installing it because I know someone that's having some trouble. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyHt4S5EzAY&feature=mh_lolz&list=PL28958DA943D57797

EDIT: Quick thing, if Elitite is better then Adamantine, then why does it show up commonly as equipment in adventure mode? Is it a bug or something, or is Elitite just easy to find?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:39:09 pm by Harry959 »

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2011, 11:26:13 am »

Well, since it's been a while since Iados has updated, and people were whining commenting on the difficulty of the fangos, here's a copy of their RAWs that tones them down slightly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only real change is to their size, but I also fixed the bug Iados mentioned (which I never would have found, btw, because I suck at this), so now they bleed to death. This unfortunately removes their potential for weapons training (before the fix, I often got my skills to legendary by lopping of their legs and eyes, then bashing them forever with badger bone weapons).

Originally all fangos, including the bulldromes, were size 800,000, the same as saltwater crocs. This kinda irked me because bulldromes are supposed to be gigantic in comparison. So I've set normal fangos to the size as camels (500,000). Bulldromes, on the other hand, have been jacked up to the size of dralthas (2,500,000) and their crazy appearance modifiers can swing them from 50% to 150% in size. Also, I messed with the pop ratios some, because I kept getting packs of 3 dromes in adventure mode.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on your toes Iados!

EDIT: Oh, fangos are located int the creature_wyvern_mountain raw.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 01:45:44 pm by Garbles »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

Eltalite is usually SO rare you wouldn't even believe. However, trade stuff and adventurer goods aren't subject to the same rules forts are. If a site has eltalite under it, then the entire civ has all the eltalite it wants.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2011, 10:19:40 pm »

Well, I'm bored, I feel like MHU needs a bump, and I'm dissatisfied with a few more flavor aspects of the mod. There's a bunch, but they're all small and most wouldn't be noticed unless you're me and you've played 1,200 hours of Monster Hunter (I wish I was kidding).

1. For starters, missing PREFSTRINGS, dromes not being dramatically larger than regulars/ increasing the randomness of their size.
2. I noticed a few critters that hatch from eggs are several times bigger than their eggs the moment they hatch.
3. Also want to add some natural skills to some of the nastier critters, and I've learned a few tricks from the Genesis thread to make them nastier too.
4. Yian garugas in particular are not the terrors of the night they should be. In MH, only the sharpest endgame weapons can pierce anything but a garuga's weakpoints. They're also wicked fast. When I'm done with them, you will lock your fortress and abandon the stragglers when one wanders onto your fort.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2011, 10:28:50 am »

OH GOD REALISTIC GARUGAS!!!! LOCK THE GATE!!!!!! PULL THE GODDAM LEVER!!!!!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

Messing around with the arena for the first time. Killed an akantor solo, with steel gear and combat skills at 9. AI would have done the same thing but it's stupid and stands up every time it's knocked down, and eventually was pushed into the river.

This is unacceptable. Will fix. Expect wyverns to feel little to no pain, especially from their flesh.

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2011, 06:00:52 pm »

Any hope of Jhen Mohran? Or a Raviente?
*Trollolol face*

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:49 pm »

Raviente is already in. Fear it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 02, 2011, 09:43:06 am »

don't. they can smell your fear....
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2011, 12:32:48 am »

Fear it. Then run outside and engage in an epic battle against it which hopefully you will win.
If not... well I don't really know what happens when you die in MH because *gasp* I've never played even one game. :o
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2011, 12:42:07 am »

You get kitty carted.

Up to three times, then you fail the mission.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2011, 01:10:41 am »

You get kitty carted.

FEAR THE KITTY CART!
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2011, 01:45:01 am »

You get kitty carted.

FEAR THE KITTY CART!
What, no, the kitty cart is your friend! When you get ko'd, two felynes rush into the line of fire and rescue you. Then they wheel you back to your camp, and dump you in front of your tent.. They charge you 1/3 of your reward money per trip, but that stuff is chump change eventually. It would be really nice if you could do something like that in DF, at least in adventure mode. Maybe a random chance that you could be left for dead, then be rescued by a passerby or a member of your party.

Really ought to be done by now, but I've been procrastinating and socializing. I fixed the formatting in the inorganic and plant files, for some reason it was just one big wall of text. Looked like something messed up while saving/unzipping, so maybe I'm the only one who got that. Changed the names of some of the materials; different qualities of bone are visually identifiable, mined out ores of the new metals are called spiritstone, dragonstone, and kitestone. Started to fiddle with plants, but I'm leaving that till I finish everything else. Fixed some spelling errors.

Once I'm done with the easy stuff, I'm going to add rubies/ wyvern stones to the harder creatures. They're basically super-rare pearls that form in wyvern tails. Your butcher will cut them out, your tanner will clean the excess meat off, then your jeweler can cut it.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2011, 02:12:51 am »

Ooh, sounds interesting. The txt files are just clumps of text for me too, but they work, so no complaints from me as I'm not very interested in modifying the files unnecessarily.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17